CARD READER In VISTA

K.S.Sathish

CARD READER In VISTA
Hi all,

I am using Vista 32 bit Ultimate & today I bought a All in 1 Card reader ( entermultimedia product , some china make). I tried installing it in vista but failed, it couldn't recognize automatically & I even tried using given software but couldn't.
Then when I booted through win XP SP2 ( same system) it could recognize & could use it.

Did anybody had any problem with card reader in vista & could rectify it, plz help me. I want to use it in vista , I don't want to go to XP for this sake.

--
Regards

K.S.Sathish
98948 48884

=?Utf-8?B?RENFTEw=?=

RE: CARD READER In VISTA
Do you have an ASUS board, the reader plugged into one of the boards USB
headers and over 2GB's of RAM? If so, go down to 2 GB's of RAM and see if it
works. Issue with ASUS boards and the USB headers when over 2GB's of RAM
installed and the Vista OS.

"K.S.Sathish" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am using Vista 32 bit Ultimate & today I bought a All in 1 Card reader
> ( entermultimedia product , some china make). I tried installing it in
> vista but failed, it couldn't recognize automatically & I even tried using
> given software but couldn't.
> Then when I booted through win XP SP2 ( same system) it could recognize &
> could use it.
>
> Did anybody had any problem with card reader in vista & could rectify it,
> plz help me. I want to use it in vista , I don't want to go to XP for this
> sake.
>
> --
> Regards
>
> K.S.Sathish
> 98948 48884

Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User

Re: CARD READER In VISTA
Always a problem with hardware from obscure Chinese origins..
Entermultimedia.com has nothing at all..

> You need to contact the card reader's manufacture to get Vista drivers for
> it.

> "K.S.Sathish" <sathpill@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I am using Vista 32 bit Ultimate & today I bought a All in 1 Card reader
> ( entermultimedia product , some china make). I tried installing it in
> vista but failed, it couldn't recognize automatically & I even tried using
> given software but couldn't.
> Then when I booted through win XP SP2 ( same system) it could recognize &
> could use it.
>
> Did anybody had any problem with card reader in vista & could rectify it,
> plz help me. I want to use it in vista , I don't want to go to XP for this
> sake.
>
> --
> Regards
>
> K.S.Sathish
> 98948 48884

K.S.Sathish

Re: CARD READER In VISTA
No, I have Intel 945GNT board, with 1GB RAM, 160GB HDD SATA, Sony DVD
writer, HP 9300 CD writer, radeon X300 graphics card.
my system is identifying the card reader as unknown mass storage device.

regards
K.S.Sathish