Vista and OmniPass Software

CygnetBoy

Vista and OmniPass Software
Have a small problem, hoping someone can help me solve it.. Did a Windows
Update in August and downloaded Update for Windows Vista - KB938979.
Currently using windows Vista Home Premium and OmniPass on a Fujitsu A6020.
Had a problem with Vista displaying a duplicate user after the update. Was
advised by Fujitsu to remove and reinstall the software. Did it, problem
fixed. No more duplicate users. Now, New Problem. Before the Windows
Update/Omnipass/Remove and Reinstall issues, The "Please swipe your finger"
box would appear each and every time I would start up the PC, or Lock the
PC, or put it in standby mode. Now, the screen just displays my user
account and does not display the omnipass box. The error is: "Windows
Logon User Interface Host has stopped working". The welcome screen will
look normal, then the mouse pointer will change to busy (before the problem
started, this is when the Omnipass box would appear), but now the entire
screen goes blank and then returns to the welcome screen. This procedure
would continue forever if I didn't click on the user account and quickly
enter my password, because if I take too long, the cycle repeats. Any ideas
or suggestions would be most helpful.

Thanks,

Cyg.

Renoan

RE: Vista and OmniPass Software
While I haven't suffered the same problem (in terms of the cycling) I did
have the OmniPass logon appear both during the user account logon and while
inside the actual account. I fixed this by right-clicking on the key icon in
my subtray and openning in. Then "Change Your System Settings", --> "Modify
Omnipass startup options" and selecting something other than the "Manual"
option. If you are a frequent user of Omnipass then I would recommend
choosing the "Automatic" option, which uses your one swipe at the logon
screen for both the user account, and for the password storage (the latter
being the culprit for why it may be asking you for it again). Not sure if
that will help, as it may be a different problem, but give it a try. It may
be that the reason for windows booting you out to the user selection screen
is actually because Omnipass is directing it to do so on the basis you're not
authorized to be in that account and being able to access all the passwords
saved on it.

"CygnetBoy" wrote:

> Have a small problem, hoping someone can help me solve it.. Did a Windows
> Update in August and downloaded Update for Windows Vista - KB938979.
> Currently using windows Vista Home Premium and OmniPass on a Fujitsu A6020.
> Had a problem with Vista displaying a duplicate user after the update. Was
> advised by Fujitsu to remove and reinstall the software. Did it, problem
> fixed. No more duplicate users. Now, New Problem. Before the Windows
> Update/Omnipass/Remove and Reinstall issues, The "Please swipe your finger"
> box would appear each and every time I would start up the PC, or Lock the
> PC, or put it in standby mode. Now, the screen just displays my user
> account and does not display the omnipass box. The error is: "Windows
> Logon User Interface Host has stopped working". The welcome screen will
> look normal, then the mouse pointer will change to busy (before the problem
> started, this is when the Omnipass box would appear), but now the entire
> screen goes blank and then returns to the welcome screen. This procedure
> would continue forever if I didn't click on the user account and quickly
> enter my password, because if I take too long, the cycle repeats. Any ideas
> or suggestions would be most helpful.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Cyg.

Maureen

RE: Vista and OmniPass Software
I loose fingerprint swipe after a windows update. Recently un and
reinstalled omnipass and everything fine. Now problem has started again. It
is about the third time un/ reinstalled. Any suggestions. Cannot find
Modify system settings.