Will RTM Ultimate (full Version) Install on top of RC Beta without

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9uYXRoYW4gU2Nod2FydHogMg==?=

Will RTM Ultimate (full Version) Install on top of RC Beta without

Is it needed and/or absolutely necessary for re-formatting RC Beta before
Installing RTM Ultimate?

--
Windows Vista
Become Part of The Legacy!

Richard G. Harper

Re: Will RTM Ultimate (full Version) Install on top of RC Beta without
I would.

"Jonathan Schwartz 2" <JonathanSchwartz2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:0F331351-6107-4AF2-A83A-B0202C85DC1B@microsoft.com...

> Is it needed and/or absolutely necessary for re-formatting RC Beta before
> Installing RTM Ultimate?
>
> --
> Windows Vista
> Become Part of The Legacy!

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9uYXRoYW4gU2Nod2FydHogMg==?=

Re: Will RTM Ultimate (full Version) Install on top of RC Beta wit
Richard,

Thank you, your opinions are valued...

Just for the experience, kinda think I'll attempt an on top install, will
only require about 30-minutes for determing the outcome, and just a few more
minutes for reformat if not satisfied with the outcome.
--
Windows Vista
Become Part of The Legacy!

"Richard G. Harper" wrote:

> I would.

> "Jonathan Schwartz 2" <JonathanSchwartz2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:0F331351-6107-4AF2-A83A-B0202C85DC1B@microsoft.com...
> >
> > Is it needed and/or absolutely necessary for re-formatting RC Beta before
> > Installing RTM Ultimate?
> >
> > --
> > Windows Vista
> > Become Part of The Legacy!

Zim Babwe

Re: Will RTM Ultimate (full Version) Install on top of RC Beta without
Remove any doubt that misc files will be left on your system. Format from
scratch.

"Jonathan Schwartz 2" <JonathanSchwartz2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:0F331351-6107-4AF2-A83A-B0202C85DC1B@microsoft.com...

> Is it needed and/or absolutely necessary for re-formatting RC Beta before
> Installing RTM Ultimate?
>
> --
> Windows Vista
> Become Part of The Legacy!

Richard G. Harper

Re: Will RTM Ultimate (full Version) Install on top of RC Beta wit
Hey, if you're up for the possible "fun" then by all means go ahead! As you
said, worst comes to worst, you format and start over again. :-) Let us
know how it comes out.

"Jonathan Schwartz 2" <JonathanSchwartz2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:4AE2CA8D-46A3-48E5-954A-DE7CB94E003D@microsoft.com...
> Richard,
>
> Thank you, your opinions are valued...
>
> Just for the experience, kinda think I'll attempt an on top install, will
> only require about 30-minutes for determing the outcome, and just a few
> more
> minutes for reformat if not satisfied with the outcome.
> --
> Windows Vista
> Become Part of The Legacy!
>

> "Richard G. Harper" wrote:
>
>> I would.

>> "Jonathan Schwartz 2" <JonathanSchwartz2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
>> in
>> message news:0F331351-6107-4AF2-A83A-B0202C85DC1B@microsoft.com...
>> >
>> > Is it needed and/or absolutely necessary for re-formatting RC Beta
>> > before
>> > Installing RTM Ultimate?
>> >
>> > --
>> > Windows Vista
>> > Become Part of The Legacy!

=?Utf-8?B?U3Rpcmxpbmc=?=

Re: Will RTM Ultimate (full Version) Install on top of RC Beta wit
I haven't been able to figure out how to reformat my hard drive. I'm getting
fed up with it all. I bought the Ultimate upgrade but then found I can't
upgrade from RC-1. So, I bought the full version. Now, Vista goes through
the clean install (shorter than it should) and says I cannot install it.

I haven't been able to boot from the DVD, either. So, how do I access the
hard drive to do a complete reformatting and start from scratch? Thanks.

"Zim Babwe" wrote:

> Remove any doubt that misc files will be left on your system. Format from
> scratch.
>

> "Jonathan Schwartz 2" <JonathanSchwartz2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:0F331351-6107-4AF2-A83A-B0202C85DC1B@microsoft.com...
> >
> > Is it needed and/or absolutely necessary for re-formatting RC Beta before
> > Installing RTM Ultimate?
> >
> > --
> > Windows Vista
> > Become Part of The Legacy!

joseph2k

Stirling wrote:

> I haven't been able to figure out how to reformat my hard drive. I'm
> getting
> fed up with it all. I bought the Ultimate upgrade but then found I can't
> upgrade from RC-1. So, I bought the full version. Now, Vista goes
> through the clean install (shorter than it should) and says I cannot
> install it.
>
> I haven't been able to boot from the DVD, either. So, how do I access the
> hard drive to do a complete reformatting and start from scratch? Thanks.
>
> "Zim Babwe" wrote:
>
>> Remove any doubt that misc files will be left on your system. Format
>> from scratch.
>>

>> "Jonathan Schwartz 2" <JonathanSchwartz2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
>> in message news:0F331351-6107-4AF2-A83A-B0202C85DC1B@microsoft.com...
>> >
>> > Is it needed and/or absolutely necessary for re-formatting RC Beta
>> > before Installing RTM Ultimate?
>> >
>> > --
>> > Windows Vista
>> > Become Part of The Legacy!

Just to be snotty; it is really quite easy from Knoppix, most cd or dvd
bootable/runable linuxes, cd or dvd bootable Solaris, OpenVMS, Open BSD
unix, etc.,

--
JosephKK
Gegen dummheit kampfen die Gotter Selbst, vergebens.┬*┬*
dev

/Jonathan Schwartz 2/ said:

> Is it needed and/or absolutely necessary for re-formatting RC Beta
> before Installing RTM Ultimate?

Not absolutely. I installed Ultimate over RC2. The sound card and modem
were not carried over, but returned after their drivers were installed.
Otherwise went well.

Nonetheless, as Richard and others recommend, a clean install is
desirable if you can stomach the customization required to get back to
where you were with the Beta. And you can always do a clean install if
not satisfied.