Blue screen under installation

=?Utf-8?B?TWFyYyBTY2hhdHRvcmll?=

Blue screen under installation
Sorry for my poor English, I hope everyone can understand this...

When I install Windows Vista Ultimate, it copy's files to the HardDrive,
then its going to expand files, at 27 procent it reboots.
My PC starts normal, it asks to press any key to boot from DVD (or something
like that), then it sais its loading files, at 100 procent there comes up a
blue screen with an error: STOP: (a lot numbers on one line). the pc does
nothing, and I have to shut it down.
Then I reboot, try it again, but the same story
When I reboot without DVD I can go back to my Windows XP Home Edition...

What to do? I have asked HP for help (becaus my copmuter is from them) they
say its somthing with my HardDisk drivers, somthing like SATA?

Could someone help me, please?
=?Utf-8?B?dGRhd2c=?=

RE: Blue screen under installation
unplug your dvd drive

"Marc Schattorie" wrote:

> Sorry for my poor English, I hope everyone can understand this...
>
> When I install Windows Vista Ultimate, it copy's files to the HardDrive,
> then its going to expand files, at 27 procent it reboots.
> My PC starts normal, it asks to press any key to boot from DVD (or something
> like that), then it sais its loading files, at 100 procent there comes up a
> blue screen with an error: STOP: (a lot numbers on one line). the pc does
> nothing, and I have to shut it down.
> Then I reboot, try it again, but the same story
> When I reboot without DVD I can go back to my Windows XP Home Edition...
>
> What to do? I have asked HP for help (becaus my copmuter is from them) they
> say its somthing with my HardDisk drivers, somthing like SATA?
>
> Could someone help me, please?

=?Utf-8?B?TWFyYyBTY2hhdHRvcmll?=

RE: Blue screen under installation
Why unplug my intern DVD-ROM Drive?
I've also an intern DVD-RW, should I use that for installation?

"tdawg" wrote:

> unplug your dvd drive
>
> "Marc Schattorie" wrote:
>
> > Sorry for my poor English, I hope everyone can understand this...
> >
> > When I install Windows Vista Ultimate, it copy's files to the HardDrive,
> > then its going to expand files, at 27 procent it reboots.
> > My PC starts normal, it asks to press any key to boot from DVD (or something
> > like that), then it sais its loading files, at 100 procent there comes up a
> > blue screen with an error: STOP: (a lot numbers on one line). the pc does
> > nothing, and I have to shut it down.
> > Then I reboot, try it again, but the same story
> > When I reboot without DVD I can go back to my Windows XP Home Edition...
> >
> > What to do? I have asked HP for help (becaus my copmuter is from them) they
> > say its somthing with my HardDisk drivers, somthing like SATA?
> >
> > Could someone help me, please?

Zim Babwe

Re: Blue screen under installation
I think you need the DVD drive for installation. He probably meant the SATA
drive (if you have more than one)

I don't think Vista comes on floppy so you most likely need the DVD !!!

"Marc Schattorie" <MarcSchattorie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:C9146B93-3071-4719-9906-EF789E5EA527@microsoft.com...
> Why unplug my intern DVD-ROM Drive?
> I've also an intern DVD-RW, should I use that for installation?
>
> "tdawg" wrote:
>
>> unplug your dvd drive
>>
>> "Marc Schattorie" wrote:
>>
>> > Sorry for my poor English, I hope everyone can understand this...
>> >
>> > When I install Windows Vista Ultimate, it copy's files to the
>> > HardDrive,
>> > then its going to expand files, at 27 procent it reboots.
>> > My PC starts normal, it asks to press any key to boot from DVD (or
>> > something
>> > like that), then it sais its loading files, at 100 procent there comes
>> > up a
>> > blue screen with an error: STOP: (a lot numbers on one line). the pc
>> > does
>> > nothing, and I have to shut it down.
>> > Then I reboot, try it again, but the same story
>> > When I reboot without DVD I can go back to my Windows XP Home
>> > Edition...
>> >
>> > What to do? I have asked HP for help (becaus my copmuter is from them)
>> > they
>> > say its somthing with my HardDisk drivers, somthing like SATA?
>> >
>> > Could someone help me, please?

=?Utf-8?B?TWFyYyBTY2hhdHRvcmll?=

Re: Blue screen under installation
I have the install DVD of Windows Vista (Ultimate)
I used:
DVD Drive: IDE-DVD DROM6216
I've also: HP DVD Writer 740b (I didn't try with this DVD Drive)
But I haven't got a Floppy drive in this pc, and no extern one.
My HDD to install Vista on is:
ST3200826AS

These are the sandard drives of my computer.
With the standard drivers, no updates (availeble with update wizard).