End User Licenses Rights for Home Premium

=?Utf-8?B?YXNpYXllYWg=?=

End User Licenses Rights for Home Premium
I have just bought a copy of Windows Vista Home Premium. I am going to
install it with Parallels for Mac on a Apple's MacBook Pro. I am not going to
install the OS anywhere else, not even a physical PC.

Does the end user license grant me to rights to do so?
Sascha Benjamin Jazbec

Re: End User Licenses Rights for Home Premium
The home editions are not allowed on virtual instances. Only
Ultimate/Enterprise.
SJ / germany

"asiayeah" <asiayeah@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>I have just bought a copy of Windows Vista Home Premium. I am going to
> install it with Parallels for Mac on a Apple's MacBook Pro. I am not going
> install the OS anywhere else, not even a physical PC.
>
> Does the end user license grant me to rights to do so?

=?Utf-8?B?YXNpYXllYWg=?=

Re: End User Licenses Rights for Home Premium
Thank you!

Some comments to Microsoft, if his/her staffs are listening,

Will Microsoft advertise this limitation? This is a good "selling point" for
their Ultimate edition!

I suggest Microsoft to remove the word "Premium" from their Home Premium
edition, too, because it's not that "Premium" and end users are limited to
how they run their software.

It's interesting to know how Microsoft define a "virtual instance"?

"Sascha Benjamin Jazbec" wrote:

> The home editions are not allowed on virtual instances. Only
> Ultimate/Enterprise.
> SJ / germany
>
> "asiayeah" <asiayeah@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> >I have just bought a copy of Windows Vista Home Premium. I am going to
> > install it with Parallels for Mac on a Apple's MacBook Pro. I am not going
> > install the OS anywhere else, not even a physical PC.
> >
> > Does the end user license grant me to rights to do so?

=?Utf-8?B?Unlhbg==?=

Re: End User Licenses Rights for Home Premium
Hi

I too am baffled by the home premium eddition limitation, I work as a
software developer and use virtualisation so when I bought my new Dell PC for
home use I chose Home Premium thinking that I would be able to download and
run Windows Virtual PC on Vista Home Premium and install an instance of XP
within it to ease the migration. Simply because many company's like Sony
Ericsson who supply software for my mobile phone do not yet have a Vista
compatible version of their software available.

But I found that Virtual PC which is available to download free from
www.microsoft.com is not compatible with Home Premium just Enterprise and
Ultimate Editions. Great thanks Microsoft for making it so easy for
legitimate customers to switch from XP to Vista!

Ryan UK