I have treid sevearl times 10 x to instal Ultimate

=?Utf-8?B?U2NvdHh5?=

I have treid sevearl times 10 x to instal Ultimate
I have used 11/16 and 11/29 ISO's from msdn and unable to install.
Each time I install it fails bsod 0x00000007 each time.
on 3 pc's
I have downlowad it 4 x each wrote it on 3 different pc's and slowest speed
and media's and each system will take Vista Pro but not Vista Ultamate of
msdn.

Can anyone help or advise on this.
Frankster

Re: I have treid sevearl times 10 x to instal Ultimate
Since you say it'll take Visa Pro (I think you mean Vista Business) but not
Ultimate, and since the main difference is the Media Center stuff in
Ultimate, I would guess that you have a device that is not supported and the
drivers are crashing the install. You might try to remove any high-end stuff
you might have (i.e. T.V tuner, etc), or just removing any hardware you
don't absolutely need (keep the video adapter, and network adapter, if any),
and try again.

-Frank

"Scotxy" <Scotxy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have used 11/16 and 11/29 ISO's from msdn and unable to install.
> Each time I install it fails bsod 0x00000007 each time.
> on 3 pc's
> I have downlowad it 4 x each wrote it on 3 different pc's and slowest
> speed
> and media's and each system will take Vista Pro but not Vista Ultamate of
> msdn.
>
> Can anyone help or advise on this.

JW

Re: I have treid sevearl times 10 x to instal Ultimate
What program are you using to create the ISO disk image from the .iso file?

"Scotxy" <Scotxy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have used 11/16 and 11/29 ISO's from msdn and unable to install.
> Each time I install it fails bsod 0x00000007 each time.
> on 3 pc's
> I have downlowad it 4 x each wrote it on 3 different pc's and slowest
> speed
> and media's and each system will take Vista Pro but not Vista Ultamate of
> msdn.
>
> Can anyone help or advise on this.

=?Utf-8?B?U2NvdHh5?=

Re: I have treid sevearl times 10 x to instal Ultimate
I have tried installing ultamate on del E520 and Dim4200 and Dim9200
On all those box's. Vista Professional will load no problmes.
But Vista Ultimate Failes on the screen after it makes a ram disc reboots
and starts to load graphics vails on all boxes.

I have downloaded the Iso's from MSDN
File
en_windows_vista_x86_dvd_X12-34293.iso ISO-9660 DVD Image
File Size
2555 MB
SHA-1 Hash
b71e04564ca22e4d9928e59298eff87cf62b382b

and

File
en_windows_vista_x86_dvd_X12-34293.iso ISO-9660 DVD Image
File Size
2555 MB
SHA-1 Hash
b71e04564ca22e4d9928e59298eff87cf62b382b

I have used Nero and Roxio to burn the ISO's to DVD and at lowest speeds to
ensure no errors. Furhter are the same programs that were used to make the
ISO for Vista Professional and installed of those.

"JW" wrote:

> What program are you using to create the ISO disk image from the .iso file?
>
> "Scotxy" <Scotxy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have used 11/16 and 11/29 ISO's from msdn and unable to install.
> > Each time I install it fails bsod 0x00000007 each time.
> > on 3 pc's
> > I have downlowad it 4 x each wrote it on 3 different pc's and slowest
> > speed
> > and media's and each system will take Vista Pro but not Vista Ultamate of
> > msdn.
> >
> > Can anyone help or advise on this.

JW

Re: I have treid sevearl times 10 x to instal Ultimate
What make/model of graphics card do you have in the Dell system and how much
memory does it have on board? I ask since Ultimate will be trying to
install AERO if it can and will be looking for VISTA drives for your card in
order to do so.

>I have tried installing ultamate on del E520 and Dim4200 and Dim9200
> On all those box's. Vista Professional will load no problmes.
> But Vista Ultimate Failes on the screen after it makes a ram disc reboots
> and starts to load graphics vails on all boxes.
>
> I have downloaded the Iso's from MSDN
> File
> en_windows_vista_x86_dvd_X12-34293.iso ISO-9660 DVD Image
> File Size
> 2555 MB
> SHA-1 Hash
> b71e04564ca22e4d9928e59298eff87cf62b382b
>
> and
>
> File
> en_windows_vista_x86_dvd_X12-34293.iso ISO-9660 DVD Image
> File Size
> 2555 MB
> SHA-1 Hash
> b71e04564ca22e4d9928e59298eff87cf62b382b
>
> I have used Nero and Roxio to burn the ISO's to DVD and at lowest speeds
> ensure no errors. Furhter are the same programs that were used to make
> the
> ISO for Vista Professional and installed of those.
>

> "JW" wrote:
>
>> What program are you using to create the ISO disk image from the .iso
>> file?
>>
>> "Scotxy" <Scotxy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have used 11/16 and 11/29 ISO's from msdn and unable to install.
>> > Each time I install it fails bsod 0x00000007 each time.
>> > on 3 pc's
>> > I have downlowad it 4 x each wrote it on 3 different pc's and slowest
>> > speed
>> > and media's and each system will take Vista Pro but not Vista Ultamate
>> > of
>> > msdn.
>> >
>> > Can anyone help or advise on this.

=?Utf-8?B?U2NvdHh5?=

Re: I have treid sevearl times 10 x to instal Ultimate
The 9200 has 2gigs of memory and Nvidia 7900 gt 512mb full legth video card.
Runs Vista Professional w/o zero issues.
but the image for ultmate still bombs.

"JW" wrote:

> What make/model of graphics card do you have in the Dell system and how much
> memory does it have on board? I ask since Ultimate will be trying to
> install AERO if it can and will be looking for VISTA drives for your card in
> order to do so.
>
> "Scotxy" <Scotxy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have tried installing ultamate on del E520 and Dim4200 and Dim9200
> > On all those box's. Vista Professional will load no problmes.
> > But Vista Ultimate Failes on the screen after it makes a ram disc reboots
> > and starts to load graphics vails on all boxes.
> >
> > I have downloaded the Iso's from MSDN
> > File
> > en_windows_vista_x86_dvd_X12-34293.iso ISO-9660 DVD Image
> > File Size
> > 2555 MB
> > SHA-1 Hash
> > b71e04564ca22e4d9928e59298eff87cf62b382b
> >
> > and
> >
> > File
> > en_windows_vista_x86_dvd_X12-34293.iso ISO-9660 DVD Image
> > File Size
> > 2555 MB
> > SHA-1 Hash
> > b71e04564ca22e4d9928e59298eff87cf62b382b
> >
> > I have used Nero and Roxio to burn the ISO's to DVD and at lowest speeds
> > ensure no errors. Furhter are the same programs that were used to make
> > the
> > ISO for Vista Professional and installed of those.
> >

> > "JW" wrote:
> >
> >> What program are you using to create the ISO disk image from the .iso
> >> file?

JW

Re: I have treid sevearl times 10 x to instal Ultimate
If using DDR2 memory do you have a matched pair of Dimms or matched Pairs of
Dimms?
There is no WDDM Vista driver for your ATI 9200 card since it does not
support DX9 and the shader features required.
What release of the NVIDIA Vista drivers are you using for the 7900GT card?

> The 9200 has 2gigs of memory and Nvidia 7900 gt 512mb full legth video
> card.
> Runs Vista Professional w/o zero issues.
> but the image for ultmate still bombs.
>
> "JW" wrote:
>
>> What make/model of graphics card do you have in the Dell system and how
>> much
>> memory does it have on board? I ask since Ultimate will be trying to
>> install AERO if it can and will be looking for VISTA drives for your card
>> in
>> order to do so.
>>
>> "Scotxy" <Scotxy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have tried installing ultamate on del E520 and Dim4200 and Dim9200
>> > On all those box's. Vista Professional will load no problmes.
>> > But Vista Ultimate Failes on the screen after it makes a ram disc
>> > reboots
>> > and starts to load graphics vails on all boxes.
>> >
>> > I have downloaded the Iso's from MSDN
>> > File
>> > en_windows_vista_x86_dvd_X12-34293.iso ISO-9660 DVD Image
>> > File Size
>> > 2555 MB
>> > SHA-1 Hash
>> > b71e04564ca22e4d9928e59298eff87cf62b382b
>> >
>> > and
>> >
>> > File
>> > en_windows_vista_x86_dvd_X12-34293.iso ISO-9660 DVD Image
>> > File Size
>> > 2555 MB
>> > SHA-1 Hash
>> > b71e04564ca22e4d9928e59298eff87cf62b382b
>> >
>> > I have used Nero and Roxio to burn the ISO's to DVD and at lowest
>> > speeds
>> > ensure no errors. Furhter are the same programs that were used to make
>> > the
>> > ISO for Vista Professional and installed of those.

=?Utf-8?B?U2NvdHh5?=

Re: I have treid sevearl times 10 x to instal Ultimate
Ok listen all systems are straight from factory.
2ndly
all of equipmnet is fairly new taht my friend has.
Its all with in few months
all of it has been runing XP Pro
Now
All of them are Running Vista Professional.

Now when installing a new os IE VIsta Pro or Ultimate once you actually get
to the segment of install where you can see HD .. I just delete parition then
re-create then format. Just like (old days of Fdisk)

But This problem failes right after it creates the temp memory disk to copy
files to and reboots to the Vista install screen. Its BSOD's there.

Nothing to read off the HD and all perifiery ainlcuidng usb 's stuff is off.
The TV tuner is USB.
ALL is removed so its just the core HD.