How to Confirm System Boot information?

=?Utf-8?B?VGhvbWFzIFNvbmc=?=

How to Confirm System Boot information?
After bitlocker turned on, at a reboot, I need to user recovery key. Vista
prompt says that system boot information changed since bitlocker is enabled.
Need to confirm system boot information. I searched everywhere and could not
find the answer. Can someone Help? Thank!
Chad Harris

Re: How to Confirm System Boot information?
Thomas--

I think this MSKB will be helpful:

Error message when you try to run the BitLocker Drive Encryption program:
"Cannot run"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929834/en-us

Also Boot Configuration data in Vista can be learned via BCDEDIT:

Boot Configuration Data Editor Frequently Asked Questions

How To: Edit the Windows Vista Boot Menu Options - BCDEDIT
http://www.pro-networks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=79102

Definitely Check Out:
http://www.vistabootpro.org/

Good luck,

CH

"Thomas Song" <Thomas Song@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After bitlocker turned on, at a reboot, I need to user recovery key. Vista
> prompt says that system boot information changed since bitlocker is
> enabled.
> Need to confirm system boot information. I searched everywhere and could
> not
> find the answer. Can someone Help? Thank!

=?Utf-8?B?VGhvbWFzIFNvbmc=?=

Re: How to Confirm System Boot information?
Chad:
Thanks for your info. Problem is still not solved. For people out there,
this is a sony vaio VGN-SZ370P computer. It looks like a TPM problem. Sony
tech support says that up to now, they have not tested bitlocker on this
computer and they have no plan support Vista on this computer. I you got
something different, please let me know. Thanks!

"Chad Harris" wrote:

> Thomas--
>
> I think this MSKB will be helpful:
>
> Error message when you try to run the BitLocker Drive Encryption program:
> "Cannot run"
>
> Also Boot Configuration data in Vista can be learned via BCDEDIT:
>
> Boot Configuration Data Editor Frequently Asked Questions
> http://technet2.microsoft.com/Window....mspx?mfr=true
>
> How To: Edit the Windows Vista Boot Menu Options - BCDEDIT
> http://www.pro-networks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=79102
>
> Definitely Check Out:
> http://www.vistabootpro.org/
>
> Good luck,
>

> CH
>
> "Thomas Song" <Thomas Song@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > After bitlocker turned on, at a reboot, I need to user recovery key. Vista
> > prompt says that system boot information changed since bitlocker is
> > enabled.
> > Need to confirm system boot information. I searched everywhere and could
> > not
> > find the answer. Can someone Help? Thank!

Chad Harris

Re: How to Confirm System Boot information?/Vista general group problem
Why not post this in the Vista general group? It's not a setup question.