Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Internet Explorer

microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-13-2007
=?Utf-8?B?RWRD?=
 

Posts: n/a
Internet Explorer
IE7 will not start after upgrade from XPSP2 to Vista Ultimate. Cannot
activate product or connect to Update, etc. svhost stops running - no details.

Help please!

Thanks,
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02-14-2007
Don
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Internet Explorer
EdC wrote:
> IE7 will not start after upgrade from XPSP2 to Vista Ultimate. Cannot
> activate product or connect to Update, etc. svhost stops running - no details.


Others have posted similar problems here. Did you install IE7 on XP
before the upgrade? As far as I can tell, the problem seems to be
that the IE7 for XP is not compatible with Vista. But I don't have
any details either.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 02-14-2007
Adam Albright
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Internet Explorer
On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 20:10:53 -0800, Don <dd195703@hotmail.com> wrote:

>EdC wrote:
>> IE7 will not start after upgrade from XPSP2 to Vista Ultimate. Cannot
>> activate product or connect to Update, etc. svhost stops running - no details.

>
>Others have posted similar problems here. Did you install IE7 on XP
>before the upgrade? As far as I can tell, the problem seems to be
>that the IE7 for XP is not compatible with Vista. But I don't have
>any details either.


I had IE7 running on XP Pro because the Windows update wizard offered
and installed it. Seemed to work fine. Since I did a install in place
of Vista, IE7 still seems to be working fine, however I suspect the
Vista installer overwrote the XP version where necessary. About the
only difference seems to be you can no longer uninstall IE 7 once
Vista is up and successfully running since it is more intergraded into
the OS apparently.


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 02-14-2007
=?Utf-8?B?RWRD?=
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Internet Explorer
IE worked great on this PC - but on my wifes - I had the problem. I fixed it
or at this point woked around it by disabling user account control in the
user section of control panel.

Thanks.
EdC

"Adam Albright" wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 20:10:53 -0800, Don <dd195703@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >EdC wrote:
> >> IE7 will not start after upgrade from XPSP2 to Vista Ultimate. Cannot
> >> activate product or connect to Update, etc. svhost stops running - no details.

> >
> >Others have posted similar problems here. Did you install IE7 on XP
> >before the upgrade? As far as I can tell, the problem seems to be
> >that the IE7 for XP is not compatible with Vista. But I don't have
> >any details either.

>
> I had IE7 running on XP Pro because the Windows update wizard offered
> and installed it. Seemed to work fine. Since I did a install in place
> of Vista, IE7 still seems to be working fine, however I suspect the
> Vista installer overwrote the XP version where necessary. About the
> only difference seems to be you can no longer uninstall IE 7 once
> Vista is up and successfully running since it is more intergraded into
> the OS apparently.
>
>
>

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Internet Explorer =?Utf-8?B?U2V2ZW4=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 15 03-15-2007 18:18
Internet Explorer access Puppy Breath microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration accounts passwords 1 03-01-2007 20:55
RE: Internet Explorer 7.0 =?Utf-8?B?RnJ1c3RyYXRlZA==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 0 02-28-2007 20:19
Removing Internet Explorer Rob microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 11 02-28-2007 17:47
Internet Explorer =?Utf-8?B?RXNjb25kaWRvIEFM?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 11 02-28-2007 16:29




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:45.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120