Relocate user folders

=?Utf-8?B?Um9i?=

Relocate user folders
I have two partitions on my disk. C and D. Standard install of Vista is on
the C disk, but I would like to have my user folders on the D disk. I have
now doen it by selecting each individual folder (pictures, music etc) and
relocating them to the D disk. Is there any way of doing this in one go?
Maybe using some utility
Rock

Re: Relocate user folders
"Rob" <Rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote

>I have two partitions on my disk. C and D. Standard install of Vista is on
> the C disk, but I would like to have my user folders on the D disk. I have
> now doen it by selecting each individual folder (pictures, music etc) and
> relocating them to the D disk. Is there any way of doing this in one go?
> Maybe using some utility

It can be done during an unattended install. After installation I don't
know of any utilities for it yet. In XP TweakUI could do this. They are
working on powertoys for Vista, don't know when that will be out.

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

cquirke (MVP Windows shell/user)

Re: Relocate user folders
On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 00:41:07 -0800, "Rock" <Rock@nospam.net> wrote:
>"Rob" <Rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
>
>>I have two partitions on my disk. C and D. Standard install of Vista is on
>> the C disk, but I would like to have my user folders on the D disk. I have
>> now doen it by selecting each individual folder (pictures, music etc) and
>> relocating them to the D disk. Is there any way of doing this in one go?
>> Maybe using some utility

>It can be done during an unattended install. After installation I don't
>know of any utilities for it yet. In XP TweakUI could do this. They are
>working on powertoys for Vista, don't know when that will be out.

What you'd really want to do - and I wish I knew how - is to set the
new account template to use the new path logic, before you create your
user accounts. Else every time someone creates a new account, all the
settings fall back to MS duhfaults, including shell folder paths.

>--------------- ---- --- -- - - - -

Saws are too hard to use.
Be easier to use!

=?Utf-8?B?Um9i?=

Re: Relocate user folders
Exactly, it would seem that MS has assumed that we do not partition our
disks. Strange. I am sure that some developer like Tweak UI will make sure
that we can easily move the USer folder to an other partition. Look forward
to it.

Thanks for the reply.