OSD for vista? :(

=?Utf-8?B?dGRhd2c=?=

OSD for vista? :(
So, on XP i had a OSD (On Screen Display) so when i muted my computer or
turned volume up or down i could see it on my screen. That program no longer
works on vista. Does vista have a built in OSD that can be actived or is
there a differnt program that i can download to use an osd on vista

Thanks
Richard Urban

Re: OSD for vista? :(
What you are looking for is part of the advanced keyboard drivers. If the
keyboard manufacturer has nor updated the drivers for Vista I am afraid you
will no longer have that function. Check their web site.

--

Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from George Ankner:

"tdawg" <tdawg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> So, on XP i had a OSD (On Screen Display) so when i muted my computer or
> turned volume up or down i could see it on my screen. That program no
> longer
> works on vista. Does vista have a built in OSD that can be actived or is
> there a differnt program that i can download to use an osd on vista
>
> Thanks

=?Utf-8?B?dGRhd2c=?=

Re: OSD for vista? :(
is there a standalone program or something i can purchase or download thta
will do the same thing. I have installed the drivers fro my keyboard, but
they are like 4 years old and no vista drivers, lol

"Richard Urban" wrote:

> What you are looking for is part of the advanced keyboard drivers. If the
> keyboard manufacturer has nor updated the drivers for Vista I am afraid you
> will no longer have that function. Check their web site.
>
> --
>

> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> Quote from George Ankner:
>

> "tdawg" <tdawg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > So, on XP i had a OSD (On Screen Display) so when i muted my computer or
> > turned volume up or down i could see it on my screen. That program no
> > longer
> > works on vista. Does vista have a built in OSD that can be actived or is
> > there a differnt program that i can download to use an osd on vista
> >
> > Thanks

Richard Urban

Re: OSD for vista? :(
I have the same problem. You need drivers specifically written for your
keyboard.

--

> is there a standalone program or something i can purchase or download thta
> will do the same thing. I have installed the drivers fro my keyboard, but
> they are like 4 years old and no vista drivers, lol
>
> "Richard Urban" wrote:
>
>> What you are looking for is part of the advanced keyboard drivers. If the
>> keyboard manufacturer has nor updated the drivers for Vista I am afraid
>> you
>> will no longer have that function. Check their web site.
>>
>> --
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Richard Urban
>> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> Quote from George Ankner:
>>

>> "tdawg" <tdawg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > So, on XP i had a OSD (On Screen Display) so when i muted my computer
>> > or
>> > turned volume up or down i could see it on my screen. That program no
>> > longer
>> > works on vista. Does vista have a built in OSD that can be actived or
>> > is
>> > there a differnt program that i can download to use an osd on vista
>> >
>> > Thanks

JennGren

RE: OSD for vista? :(
I was told that there will be an update sometime to correct that from
microsoft.

"tdawg" wrote:

> So, on XP i had a OSD (On Screen Display) so when i muted my computer or
> turned volume up or down i could see it on my screen. That program no longer
> works on vista. Does vista have a built in OSD that can be actived or is
> there a differnt program that i can download to use an osd on vista
>
> Thanks

John Barnes

Re: OSD for vista? :(
So, what's the big deal with hovering the mouse cursor over the sound icon
in the notification area if you want to see the volume number.