Installation Failed Again

=?Utf-8?B?TXIuIFdlYXRoZXJiZWU=?=

Installation Failed Again
I'll try to keep this short and sweet. I've got a killer rig with more than
enough to razzle and dazzle windows Vista. The advisor tells me everything
should work on my system. I've got 3 harddrives. 1 has windows xp (which i
always unplug during vista installations!).

The other 2 are brand new harddrives that are blank. I just bought a 160gb
PATA drive from Best Buy for my new Vista installation. Didn't work. Got a
blue screen of death everytime it tried to install. So, I took it out and I
bought another harddrive. A 300gb PATA drive, again brand new. This time,
Vista installs, but during the reboot it can't get to windows. It will just
reboot over and over and over and over again.

Don't tell me Vista couldn't support 2 brand new harddrives. I'm running
both on my XP system now, and they work great. Not sure why vista couldn't
load onto them.

Nothing else is wrong with my system. Been running XP on it flawlessly on it
for a year. Anyone else having install problems like me?
Rock

Re: Installation Failed Again
"Mr. Weatherbee" <Mr. Weatherbee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote

> I'll try to keep this short and sweet. I've got a killer rig with more
> than
> enough to razzle and dazzle windows Vista. The advisor tells me
> everything
> should work on my system. I've got 3 harddrives. 1 has windows xp (which
> always unplug during vista installations!).
>
> The other 2 are brand new harddrives that are blank. I just bought a
> 160gb
> PATA drive from Best Buy for my new Vista installation. Didn't work. Got
> blue screen of death everytime it tried to install. So, I took it out and
> bought another harddrive. A 300gb PATA drive, again brand new. This
> time,
> Vista installs, but during the reboot it can't get to windows. It will
> just
> reboot over and over and over and over again.
>
> Don't tell me Vista couldn't support 2 brand new harddrives. I'm running
> both on my XP system now, and they work great. Not sure why vista
> couldn't
> load onto them.
>
> Nothing else is wrong with my system. Been running XP on it flawlessly on
> it
> for a year. Anyone else having install problems like me?

What's the rest of the system? Motherboard, CPU, chipset, video card,
memory?

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

=?Utf-8?B?TXIuIFdlYXRoZXJiZWU=?=

RE: Installation Failed Again
Well, I just tried a 3rd harddrive. This time I upgraded from Windows XP.
It didn't work on this drive either, and now all my files, data, and windows
XP stuff is completely lost. Thanks a lot microsoft.

"Mr. Weatherbee" wrote:

> I'll try to keep this short and sweet. I've got a killer rig with more than
> enough to razzle and dazzle windows Vista. The advisor tells me everything
> should work on my system. I've got 3 harddrives. 1 has windows xp (which i
> always unplug during vista installations!).
>
> The other 2 are brand new harddrives that are blank. I just bought a 160gb
> PATA drive from Best Buy for my new Vista installation. Didn't work. Got a
> blue screen of death everytime it tried to install. So, I took it out and I
> bought another harddrive. A 300gb PATA drive, again brand new. This time,
> Vista installs, but during the reboot it can't get to windows. It will just
> reboot over and over and over and over again.
>
> Don't tell me Vista couldn't support 2 brand new harddrives. I'm running
> both on my XP system now, and they work great. Not sure why vista couldn't
> load onto them.
>
> Nothing else is wrong with my system. Been running XP on it flawlessly on it
> for a year. Anyone else having install problems like me?

=?Utf-8?B?TXIuIFdlYXRoZXJiZWU=?=

Re: Installation Failed Again
2gb ram
fx53 amd cpu
x800 ati platinum agp card
nVidia motherboard

Nothing crappy in my system. I've unplugged everything else. Took out the
soundcard, network cards, and all other non-necessary items. Still doesn't
work.

"Rock" wrote:

> "Mr. Weatherbee" <Mr. Weatherbee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
>
> > I'll try to keep this short and sweet. I've got a killer rig with more
> > than
> > enough to razzle and dazzle windows Vista. The advisor tells me
> > everything
> > should work on my system. I've got 3 harddrives. 1 has windows xp (which
> > always unplug during vista installations!).
> >
> > The other 2 are brand new harddrives that are blank. I just bought a
> > 160gb
> > PATA drive from Best Buy for my new Vista installation. Didn't work. Got
> > blue screen of death everytime it tried to install. So, I took it out and
> > bought another harddrive. A 300gb PATA drive, again brand new. This
> > time,
> > Vista installs, but during the reboot it can't get to windows. It will
> > just
> > reboot over and over and over and over again.
> >
> > Don't tell me Vista couldn't support 2 brand new harddrives. I'm running
> > both on my XP system now, and they work great. Not sure why vista
> > couldn't
> > load onto them.
> >
> > Nothing else is wrong with my system. Been running XP on it flawlessly on
> > it
> > for a year. Anyone else having install problems like me?

> What's the rest of the system? Motherboard, CPU, chipset, video card,
> memory?
>
> --
> Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

=?Utf-8?B?c2FsYWg=?=

Re: Installation Failed Again
Download virtualbox from www.virtualbox.org and install it.
Run the application and create a virtual Vista OS. Give it 512MB memory and
about 10GB disk. Place your Vista CD in your DVD player and install Vista.
You will see all the errors.

Remember this is a virtual OS meaning it will run while XP is running.
Let me know if you need more info on how to setup virtualbox.

Salah