After Vista is activated can it be removed and sold?

=?Utf-8?B?SnVsaWVuMzIx?=

After Vista is activated can it be removed and sold?
I bought the retail Premium upgrade (not OEM) and now realize that I should
have got the Ultimate upgrade (need the full HD backup). Plan on building a
new 64 bit system in about 3 to 6 months (have Pentium 32 bit now). Anytime
Update seems to have many limitations that the full retail version doesn't.
I'm always updating my PC and don't want to be limited to 1 upgrade or no 64
bit. Can I buy the Ultimate upgrade and then un-install Premium and sell to
someone else?

Is there anyway MS would allow me to trade up to Premium instead of the
Anytime update method?
Richard G. Harper

Re: After Vista is activated can it be removed and sold?
No, you cannot. Once you purchase the Anytime Upgrade it ties itself to the
prior version. It will no longer activate.

"Julien321" <Julien321@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I bought the retail Premium upgrade (not OEM) and now realize that I should
> have got the Ultimate upgrade (need the full HD backup). Plan on building
> new 64 bit system in about 3 to 6 months (have Pentium 32 bit now).
> Anytime
> Update seems to have many limitations that the full retail version
> doesn't.
> I'm always updating my PC and don't want to be limited to 1 upgrade or no
> 64
> bit. Can I buy the Ultimate upgrade and then un-install Premium and sell
> someone else?
>
> Is there anyway MS would allow me to trade up to Premium instead of the
> Anytime update method?

=?Utf-8?B?SnVsaWVuMzIx?=

"Richard G. Harper" wrote:

> No, you cannot. Once you purchase the Anytime Upgrade it ties itself to the
> prior version. It will no longer activate.

I DID NOT purchase the Anytime upgrade but just contemplating the idea. I
have the retail Premium installed on my system WITHOUT the Anytime update. I
want retail Ultimate WITHOUT using the Anytime update.
Mayor of R'lyeh

Re: After Vista is activated can it be removed and sold?
Julien321 <Julien321@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I DID NOT purchase the Anytime upgrade but just contemplating the idea. I
> have the retail Premium installed on my system WITHOUT the Anytime update. I
> want retail Ultimate WITHOUT using the Anytime update.

your problems with all the various flavors of Vista and the resultant
activation mess is purely laughable. Microsoft should be SHOT for
providing so many versions of essentially the same code.

in 2 years when there are various patches and updates for the various
versions, it's going to be hell.

at least with Apple, they did it correctly and only offer "ONE" version
for the client, and "ONE" version of the server. Makes it much easier on
the customer that way, support is easier and gosh, everything is easier
on a Mac.

Reminds me of this funny "Which Vista version should I buy?" cartoon:

http://www.geekculture.com/joyoftech...hives/915.html

Funny!
Adam Albright

Re: After Vista is activated can it be removed and sold?
On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 22:39:54 -0700, Mayor of R'lyeh
<mayor.of.rlyeh@gmail.com> wrote:

>Julien321 <Julien321@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>> I DID NOT purchase the Anytime upgrade but just contemplating the idea. I
>> have the retail Premium installed on my system WITHOUT the Anytime update. I
>> want retail Ultimate WITHOUT using the Anytime update.

>your problems with all the various flavors of Vista and the resultant
>activation mess is purely laughable. Microsoft should be SHOT for
>providing so many versions of essentially the same code.
>
>in 2 years when there are various patches and updates for the various
>versions, it's going to be hell.
>
>at least with Apple, they did it correctly and only offer "ONE" version
>for the client, and "ONE" version of the server. Makes it much easier on
>the customer that way, support is easier and gosh, everything is easier
>on a Mac.
>
>Reminds me of this funny "Which Vista version should I buy?" cartoon:
>
>http://www.geekculture.com/joyoftech...hives/915.html

I'll remind you again that Mac's have under 7% of the market.

ROTFLMAO!

Rock

Re: After Vista is activated can it be removed and sold?
"Julien321" <Julien321@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote

>I bought the retail Premium upgrade (not OEM) and now realize that I should
> have got the Ultimate upgrade (need the full HD backup). Plan on building
> new 64 bit system in about 3 to 6 months (have Pentium 32 bit now).
> Anytime
> Update seems to have many limitations that the full retail version
> doesn't.
> I'm always updating my PC and don't want to be limited to 1 upgrade or no
> 64
> bit. Can I buy the Ultimate upgrade and then un-install Premium and sell
> someone else?
>
> Is there anyway MS would allow me to trade up to Premium instead of the
> Anytime update method?

Yes a retail upgrade version of Vista (not an anytime upgrade version), per
the license, can be transferred to another party. The transfer must include
the DVD, all the documentation and the COA. Read the license agreement.

Not sure what you are asking in the second question.

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]