upgrade failed at the end...

=?Utf-8?B?cmVtaTE3?=

upgrade failed at the end...
i've tried upgrading to Vista from Windows XP twice and both times it
finishes but at the it just keeps restarting over and over to the same black
and gray options screen. i've tried the repair option from the dvd but i
left it on overnight and it was still processing. so im always forced to
select the option that takes me back to XP and thats when a message appears
saying that the upgrade has failed but it doesnt give me any reason. someone
please respond and help me with this problem. i have an hp pavilion if that
helps at all.

thanks.
Mark Thompson

Re: upgrade failed at the end...
remi17 <remi17@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> i've tried upgrading to Vista from Windows XP twice and both times it
> finishes but at the it just keeps restarting over and over to the same black
> and gray options screen. i've tried the repair option from the dvd but i
> left it on overnight and it was still processing. so im always forced to
> select the option that takes me back to XP and thats when a message appears
> saying that the upgrade has failed but it doesnt give me any reason. someone
> please respond and help me with this problem. i have an hp pavilion if that
> helps at all.

this is normal, time to get a mac.

all your files will move over, you'll just have to get used to not
having computer problems... will that work for you?

http://www.apple.com/getamac/whichmac.html
Rock

Re: upgrade failed at the end...
"Mark Thompson" <mkt-@sourceforge.net> wrote

> remi17 <remi17@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>> i've tried upgrading to Vista from Windows XP twice and both times it
>> finishes but at the it just keeps restarting over and over to the same
>> black
>> and gray options screen. i've tried the repair option from the dvd but i
>> left it on overnight and it was still processing. so im always forced to
>> select the option that takes me back to XP and thats when a message
>> appears
>> saying that the upgrade has failed but it doesnt give me any reason.
>> someone
>> please respond and help me with this problem. i have an hp pavilion if
>> that
>> helps at all.

> this is normal, time to get a mac.
>
> all your files will move over, you'll just have to get used to not
> having computer problems... will that work for you?

How pathetic and ignorant you Mac trolls are.

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

Rock

Re: upgrade failed at the end...
"remi17" <remi17@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote

> i've tried upgrading to Vista from Windows XP twice and both times it
> finishes but at the it just keeps restarting over and over to the same
> black
> and gray options screen. i've tried the repair option from the dvd but i
> left it on overnight and it was still processing. so im always forced to
> select the option that takes me back to XP and thats when a message
> appears
> saying that the upgrade has failed but it doesnt give me any reason.
> someone
> please respond and help me with this problem. i have an hp pavilion if
> that
> helps at all.

Did you run the upgrade advisor? Uninstall all AV software, 3rd party
firewalls, CD/DVD burning software, any system level utilities like
defragmenters and partitioning tools, tweaking tools, and any other software
that uses drivers? Disconnect all peripherals and remove all add in cards
except for the monitor, mouse, keyboard, DVD drive, sound and video cards.

Image the system using something like Acronis True Image Home, version 10 to
save an image of the XP installation to an external USB drive so you can
recover the XP installation if needed.

If the upgrade won't work then try a custom (clean) install. In that case
run the Windows Easy Transfer (WET) utility on the XP installation before
the install of Vista to save data and settings to external media. Then
after the Vista install, use WET to bring in settings, install all apps from
the original media, and use WET to bring in data.

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

Rock

Re: upgrade failed at the end...
"remi17" <remi17@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote

> i've tried upgrading to Vista from Windows XP twice and both times it
> finishes but at the it just keeps restarting over and over to the same
> black
> and gray options screen. i've tried the repair option from the dvd but i
> left it on overnight and it was still processing. so im always forced to
> select the option that takes me back to XP and thats when a message
> appears
> saying that the upgrade has failed but it doesnt give me any reason.
> someone
> please respond and help me with this problem. i have an hp pavilion if
> that
> helps at all.

Also check on the HP web site for info on Vista compatible drivers for the
hardware in your system, and check on the software vendor sites for
compatibility on Vista.

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

=?Utf-8?B?RWxlY3Ryb25pY1RlY2ggR3V5?=

Re: upgrade failed at the end...
I almost had the same problem at first time when error message appeared on
blackscreen (DOS) during restart. but i decided started over at beginning to
reinstall vista ultimate upgrade. it was successful at second time. no
problem!