Vista Welcome Center

=?Utf-8?B?VmlzdGFVbHRpbWF0ZQ==?=

Vista Welcome Center
Hello,

Is it possible to edit the number of items in the upper portion of the
Welcome Center, where it says "Get Started With Windows"?
=?Utf-8?B?RWQgU3RvZGRhcmQ=?=

RE: Vista Welcome Center

"VistaUltimate" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is it possible to edit the number of items in the upper portion of the
> Welcome Center, where it says "Get Started With Windows"?

I don't believe you can, but why would you want to? You can uncheck a box
at the bottom left so it doesn't show at startup. If you need to still use
it you can start it up yourself from the Control Panel - look for Welcome
Center.

The Welcome Center is really just there to help new users get a better
understanding of Vista and how it works, what they can do.
=?Utf-8?B?VmlzdGFVbHRpbWF0ZQ==?=

RE: Vista Welcome Center
Hi,

I absolutely agree with your suggestions, and I do realized I have that
option. But the idea here is that I want to keep the Welcome Center and just
make the menu smaller as I did to the bottom portion of it. Thanks though.
Chad Harris

Re: Vista Welcome Center/Not an install issue.
This group has been designated Setup for months. Please use it that way.
The last three weeks itts gotten flooded with questions that have nothing to
do with setup issues. It makes it more difficult to help on setup issues
wading through all the messages that are important to you but don't have a
damn thing to do with setup. If you can buy Vista, I assume you can read at
some level. Put your general questions on the general group and leave this
one for the setup issues.

Welcome center hacking don't go here.

If it's Adobe--it don't go here.
If it's driver--it don't go here.
If it's Winmail--it don't go here.
If it's Office related--it sure as hell don't go here and I've answered a
ton of Office questions/Outlook questions and BCM questions on the general
group even though they have their own groups and all their helpers have used
and most have Beta tested Vista for over a year.

CH

"VistaUltimate" <VistaUltimate@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Is it possible to edit the number of items in the upper portion of the
> Welcome Center, where it says "Get Started With Windows"?

=?Utf-8?B?VmlzdGFVbHRpbWF0ZQ==?=

Re: Vista Welcome Center/Not an install issue.
Who the hell are you to say what can/can't be here. Are you a Moderator of
this forum? If not, don't try to be one, until you've gotten that status,
come back here tell us, you moron Moderator wannabe. Why don't I see you
answer to those Linux idiots spamming this forum. By the way, we don't call
this "hacking", we call enhancement, you stupid.

"Chad Harris" wrote:

> This group has been designated Setup for months. Please use it that way.
> The last three weeks itts gotten flooded with questions that have nothing to
> do with setup issues. It makes it more difficult to help on setup issues
> wading through all the messages that are important to you but don't have a
> damn thing to do with setup. If you can buy Vista, I assume you can read at
> some level. Put your general questions on the general group and leave this
> one for the setup issues.
>
> Welcome center hacking don't go here.
>
> If it's Adobe--it don't go here.
> If it's driver--it don't go here.
> If it's Winmail--it don't go here.
> If it's Office related--it sure as hell don't go here and I've answered a
> ton of Office questions/Outlook questions and BCM questions on the general
> group even though they have their own groups and all their helpers have used
> and most have Beta tested Vista for over a year.
>
> CH
>

> "VistaUltimate" <VistaUltimate@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > Is it possible to edit the number of items in the upper portion of the
> > Welcome Center, where it says "Get Started With Windows"?

John Harris

Re: Vista Welcome Center/Not an install issue.
Agree, though in more modest terms. You see the header title. If you have no
interest...here's a thought....don't open the message!

> Who the hell are you to say what can/can't be here. Are you a Moderator of
> this forum? If not, don't try to be one, until you've gotten that status,
> come back here tell us, you moron Moderator wannabe. Why don't I see you
> answer to those Linux idiots spamming this forum. By the way, we don't
> call
> this "hacking", we call enhancement, you stupid.
>
> "Chad Harris" wrote:
>
>> This group has been designated Setup for months. Please use it that way.
>> The last three weeks itts gotten flooded with questions that have nothing
>> do with setup issues. It makes it more difficult to help on setup issues
>> wading through all the messages that are important to you but don't have
>> damn thing to do with setup. If you can buy Vista, I assume you can read
>> at
>> some level. Put your general questions on the general group and leave
>> this
>> one for the setup issues.
>>
>> Welcome center hacking don't go here.
>>
>> If it's Adobe--it don't go here.
>> If it's driver--it don't go here.
>> If it's Winmail--it don't go here.
>> If it's Office related--it sure as hell don't go here and I've answered a
>> ton of Office questions/Outlook questions and BCM questions on the
>> general
>> group even though they have their own groups and all their helpers have
>> used
>> and most have Beta tested Vista for over a year.
>>
>> CH
>>

>> "VistaUltimate" <VistaUltimate@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > Is it possible to edit the number of items in the upper portion of the
>> > Welcome Center, where it says "Get Started With Windows"?

=?Utf-8?B?VmlzdGFVbHRpbWF0ZQ==?=

Re: Vista Welcome Center/Not an install issue.
Thanks John, I think this Chad guy just wanted to give himself a reason to
post in this forum so that he can brag about how many people he had helped
with their Office issues, just look at his last paragraph. If empowering the
tool you rightfully owned by changing a few things around in essence
improving your productivity is call "hacking" than everyone here is a
"hacker" even the OEM themselves are hackers, because they placed their
company's ads at the lower portion of the Welcome Center. Chad, if you're
trying to be someone that you're not and trying to say something that you
don't even have a grasp of, you just basically show the world your stupidity.

"John Harris" wrote:

> Agree, though in more modest terms. You see the header title. If you have no
> interest...here's a thought....don't open the message!
>
> "VistaUltimate" <VistaUltimate@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Who the hell are you to say what can/can't be here. Are you a Moderator of
> > this forum? If not, don't try to be one, until you've gotten that status,
> > come back here tell us, you moron Moderator wannabe. Why don't I see you
> > answer to those Linux idiots spamming this forum. By the way, we don't
> > call
> > this "hacking", we call enhancement, you stupid.
> >
> > "Chad Harris" wrote:
> >
> >> This group has been designated Setup for months. Please use it that way.
> >> The last three weeks itts gotten flooded with questions that have nothing
> >> do with setup issues. It makes it more difficult to help on setup issues
> >> wading through all the messages that are important to you but don't have
> >> damn thing to do with setup. If you can buy Vista, I assume you can read
> >> at
> >> some level. Put your general questions on the general group and leave
> >> this
> >> one for the setup issues.
> >>
> >> Welcome center hacking don't go here.
> >>
> >> If it's Adobe--it don't go here.
> >> If it's driver--it don't go here.
> >> If it's Winmail--it don't go here.
> >> If it's Office related--it sure as hell don't go here and I've answered a
> >> ton of Office questions/Outlook questions and BCM questions on the
> >> general
> >> group even though they have their own groups and all their helpers have
> >> used
> >> and most have Beta tested Vista for over a year.
> >>
> >> CH
> >>

> >> "VistaUltimate" <VistaUltimate@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> >> message

BSchnur

Re: Vista Welcome Center/Not an install issue.
> Agree, though in more modest terms. You see the header title. If you have no
> interest...here's a thought....don't open the message!

Ah yes, in Gravity, it is 'Ignore Thread' -- I find I use that a lot in
a couple of the Vista newsgroups...

--
Barry Schnur
jamesfinnigan@gmail.com

Re: Vista Welcome Center
On Feb 12, 2:55 pm, VistaUltimate
<VistaUltim...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is it possible to edit the number of items in the upper portion of theWelcome Center, where it says "Get Started With Windows"?

No, that value is hardcoded. You can change the items that appear in
the bottom, though.

Sorry,
James
(MSFT - I wrote the Welcome Center feature)

=?Utf-8?B?VmlzdGFVbHRpbWF0ZQ==?=

Re: Vista Welcome Center
Thanks James, somehow I thought we could, but anyway, I added a menu of my
six most frequent use applications at the lower portion of the Welcome
Center, let me tell you, it's really convenient.