Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Install fails on install.wim not being present or corrupt

microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-12-2007
=?Utf-8?B?Q2hpcA==?=
 

Posts: n/a
Install fails on install.wim not being present or corrupt
Hi
Anyone got a solution for this one?
I have now downloaded the ($250) legal version 3 times but every time it
gives me this error.
With and without antivirus prog running.
With and without /properties/unblock

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Chip

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02-13-2007
Rock
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Install fails on install.wim not being present or corrupt
"Chip" <Chip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote

> Hi
> Anyone got a solution for this one?
> I have now downloaded the ($250) legal version 3 times but every time it
> gives me this error.
> With and without antivirus prog running.
> With and without /properties/unblock


Have you contacted MS tech support? There isn't much experience with
installing the downloaded version yet.

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 02-13-2007
=?Utf-8?B?Q2hpcA==?=
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Install fails on install.wim not being present or corrupt
I can't get to MS Support. All I have so far is the License Key. They want
the Product ID for all support channels. And that's not generated/displayed
until after installation.....

Chip


"Rock" wrote:

> "Chip" <Chip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
>
> > Hi
> > Anyone got a solution for this one?
> > I have now downloaded the ($250) legal version 3 times but every time it
> > gives me this error.
> > With and without antivirus prog running.
> > With and without /properties/unblock

>
> Have you contacted MS tech support? There isn't much experience with
> installing the downloaded version yet.
>
> --
> Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 02-13-2007
Jane C
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Install fails on install.wim not being present or corrupt
Have you tried the phone support? 1-800-MICROSOFT (US & Canada.)

--
Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled :-)
Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation ;-)
"Chip" <Chip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:C2D486D7-681B-4A7F-A10D-A74F031554A9@microsoft.com...
>I can't get to MS Support. All I have so far is the License Key. They want
> the Product ID for all support channels. And that's not
> generated/displayed
> until after installation.....
>
> Chip
>
>
> "Rock" wrote:
>
>> "Chip" <Chip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
>>
>> > Hi
>> > Anyone got a solution for this one?
>> > I have now downloaded the ($250) legal version 3 times but every time
>> > it
>> > gives me this error.
>> > With and without antivirus prog running.
>> > With and without /properties/unblock

>>
>> Have you contacted MS tech support? There isn't much experience with
>> installing the downloaded version yet.
>>
>> --
>> Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]
>>
>>


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Re: Bitlocker fails to install Joerg Riether microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 0 02-28-2007 17:43
install.wim needed after install? =?Utf-8?B?YnJ1Y2U=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 0 02-06-2007 02:48
Can't install or boot Vista without an IDE drive present Ray Costanzo microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 10 01-15-2007 18:14
RE: Vista install fails after a while =?Utf-8?B?cnVkeWRhbmllbGxl?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 4 01-03-2007 04:28
Error when opening install.wim =?Utf-8?B?SWFu?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 0 12-06-2006 04:42




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 13:13.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120