RUN. Don't Walk from AOL

Zim Babwe

RUN. Don't Walk from AOL
I cringe when people want to put AOL on their systems. It is nothing but
a resource hog, they install software that pushes ad's on you, pushes
their products down your throat and is 100% deceptive. Also, if you sign
up for ther so called FREE trial period, just try to get them to stop
charging your credit card. I dare you!

I would rather go back to DOS than to use AOL

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0..._nosedive.html

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0.../aol_data.html

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0..._nosedive.html

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0...oublebill.html

Gives me shivers just thinking about it.

Imageman

Re: RUN. Don't Walk from AOL
Here Here! ! ! ! I paid my Daughters AOL bill for years. When I tried to
cancel the subscription, they made me SO MAD that I lost my temper and
control of myself for the first time since my ****age years, and I'm a
retired guy. Their responses on the phone, have nothing to do with the
conversation you need to have with them. After almost a half hour, I hung
up, took a shower to cool of (really), and called my credit card company. We
put a prohibition on further AOL charges. UGG! ! !

--

. . . Email replies welcome, and appreciated ! Nostradamus 1550
"Zim Babwe" <zimbabwe@doyoureallythinkthisisreal.com> wrote in message
>I cringe when people want to put AOL on their systems. It is nothing but
> a resource hog, they install software that pushes ad's on you, pushes
> their products down your throat and is 100% deceptive. Also, if you sign
> up for ther so called FREE trial period, just try to get them to stop
> charging your credit card. I dare you!
>
> I would rather go back to DOS than to use AOL
>
> http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0..._nosedive.html
>
> http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0.../aol_data.html
>
> http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0..._nosedive.html
>
> http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0...oublebill.html
>

> Gives me shivers just thinking about it.

737driver

Re: RUN. Don't Walk from AOL
My brother was a programmer for AOL for quite a few years and just got laid
off in their lastest downsizing. I felt a little guilty for not using
them because of him working there but now I'm glad I left them years ago.

"Imageman" <IM@old.net> wrote in message
news:66ydndyCYr6MXE3YnZ2dnUVZ_oydnZ2d@giganews.com ...
> Here Here! ! ! ! I paid my Daughters AOL bill for years. When I tried to
> cancel the subscription, they made me SO MAD that I lost my temper and
> control of myself for the first time since my ****age years, and I'm a
> retired guy. Their responses on the phone, have nothing to do with the
> conversation you need to have with them. After almost a half hour, I hung
> up, took a shower to cool of (really), and called my credit card company.
> We put a prohibition on further AOL charges. UGG! ! !
>
> --
>

> . . . Email replies welcome, and appreciated ! Nostradamus 1550
> "Zim Babwe" <zimbabwe@doyoureallythinkthisisreal.com> wrote in message
>>I cringe when people want to put AOL on their systems. It is nothing but
>> a resource hog, they install software that pushes ad's on you, pushes
>> their products down your throat and is 100% deceptive. Also, if you sign
>> up for ther so called FREE trial period, just try to get them to stop
>> charging your credit card. I dare you!
>>
>> I would rather go back to DOS than to use AOL
>>
>> http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0..._nosedive.html
>>
>> http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0.../aol_data.html
>>
>> http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0..._nosedive.html
>>
>> http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0...oublebill.html
>>

>> Gives me shivers just thinking about it.

Chad Harris

Re: RUN. Don't Walk from AOL/Not an install issue.
This group has been designated Setup for months. Please use it that way.
The last three weeks itts gotten flooded with questions that have nothing to
do with setup issues. It makes it more difficult to help on setup issues
wading through all the messages that are important to you but don't have a
damn thing to do with setup. If you can buy Vista, I assume you can read at
some level. Put your general questions on the general group and leave this
one for the setup issues.

If it's Adobe--it don't go here.
If it's driver--it don't go here.
If it's Winmail--it don't go here.
If it's Office related--it sure as hell don't go here and I've answered a
ton of Office questions/Outlook questions and BCM questions on the general
group even though they have their own groups and all their helpers have used
and most have Beta tested Vista for over a year.

CH

"Zim Babwe" <zimbabwe@doyoureallythinkthisisreal.com> wrote in message
>I cringe when people want to put AOL on their systems. It is nothing but
> a resource hog, they install software that pushes ad's on you, pushes
> their products down your throat and is 100% deceptive. Also, if you sign
> up for ther so called FREE trial period, just try to get them to stop
> charging your credit card. I dare you!
>
> I would rather go back to DOS than to use AOL
>
> http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0..._nosedive.html
>
> http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0.../aol_data.html
>
> http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0..._nosedive.html
>
> http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0...oublebill.html
>

> Gives me shivers just thinking about it.

=?Utf-8?B?VG9tVGh1bWI=?=

Re: RUN. Don't Walk from AOL/Not an install issue.
Hey, Chad,

When I search for "Office General Questions", I am directed HERE.
--
TomThumb