Vista Install fails - needs a program uninstall

=?Utf-8?B?QWxleGl1cw==?=

Vista Install fails - needs a program uninstall
When I try to install Vista Business, I get the following error:

You must make the following changes before installing Windows
Close Windows installation, go to Programs, and uninstall the following
programs:
Nero - Burning Rom

I have uninstalled Nero, I have checked my registry for any mention of Nero
and deleted all instances, I have deleted every file on my computer with the
name Nero, and I cannot get past this point. What now???!
Malke

Re: Vista Install fails - needs a program uninstall
Alexius wrote:
> When I try to install Vista Business, I get the following error:
>
> You must make the following changes before installing Windows
> Close Windows installation, go to Programs, and uninstall the following
> programs:
> Nero - Burning Rom
>
> I have uninstalled Nero, I have checked my registry for any mention of Nero
> and deleted all instances, I have deleted every file on my computer with the
> name Nero, and I cannot get past this point. What now???!

You must be missing something. Nero has a cleanup tool on its website.
Find it, download it, and use it.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
=?Utf-8?B?QWxleGl1cw==?=

Re: Vista Install fails - needs a program uninstall
Thanks Malke - that works - and i was able to do the install.
The only problem now - and this is odd! Typing on my laptop keyboard has
become impossible. As I type the cursor jumps all over the place and I keep
needing to backtrack to retype or to delete words printed above or below
where I am typing. What could cause that?
Regards

Alexius wrote:
> Thanks Malke - that works - and i was able to do the install.
> The only problem now - and this is odd! Typing on my laptop keyboard has
> become impossible. As I type the cursor jumps all over the place and I keep
> needing to backtrack to retype or to delete words printed above or below
> where I am typing. What could cause that?

I honestly don't know why removing Nero would cause this problem. Of
course, I may be misreading your post and this is an unrelated problem
caused by not installing proper drivers. If the keyboard worked well
before, I would just reinstall your laptop drivers or, if you didn't
install drivers yet you need to do so. Get the drivers for Vista from
the laptop mftr.'s website for your specific model laptop. If they don't
have Vista drivers available, you'll need to contact them for a
timetable. If the laptop is older and the OEM will never write drivers
for your model, put XP back on the machine. Don't forget to install the
XP drivers and any specialized laptop software.

Malke