OEM BOOTMGR

=?Utf-8?B?U3RldmU=?=

OEM BOOTMGR
Each time I reboot i get "BOORMGR missing , hit ctrl-alt-del". does this
everytime. i put in vista disc and repair it and will go into windows. how do
i fix this. sbjoe93_2000@yahoo.com. I have home premium
quakechick

Re: OEM BOOTMGR
Steve wrote:
> Each time I reboot i get "BOORMGR missing , hit ctrl-alt-del". does this
> everytime. i put in vista disc and repair it and will go into windows. how do
> i fix this. sbjoe93_2000@yahoo.com. I have home premium

1. Put the Windows Vista installation disc in the disc drive, and then
start the computer.
2. Press a key when you are prompted.
3. Select a language, a time, a currency, a keyboard or an input method,
and then click Next.
4. Click Repair your computer.
5. Click the operating system that you want to repair, and then click Next.
6. In the System Recovery Options dialog box, click Command Prompt.
7. Type Bootrec.exe, and then press ENTER.
8. Type /FixMbr and enter exit setup and the computer will reboot

The /FixMbr option writes a Windows Vista-compatible MBR to the system
partition. This option does not overwrite the existing partition table.
Use this option when you must resolve MBR corruption issues, or when you
have to remove non-standard code from the MBR.

=?Utf-8?B?U3RyOGphY2tldGJsb25kZQ==?=

Re: OEM BOOTMGR
I have 2 hard drives and was getting the "missing BOOTMGR" message too. My
first drive is a SATA drive. So I went into my BIOS and changed my first
boot drive to my secondary "IDE" drive. Problem solved! My BOOTMGR ended up
in my second drive rather then my first; primary drive, the one I installed
Windows Home Premium Vista OEM on. So it boots first on my second drive now
and I don't have to have the disk for booting anymore.

"quakechick" wrote:

> Steve wrote:
> > Each time I reboot i get "BOORMGR missing , hit ctrl-alt-del". does this
> > everytime. i put in vista disc and repair it and will go into windows. how do
> > i fix this. sbjoe93_2000@yahoo.com. I have home premium

> 1. Put the Windows Vista installation disc in the disc drive, and then
> start the computer.
> 2. Press a key when you are prompted.
> 3. Select a language, a time, a currency, a keyboard or an input method,
> and then click Next.
> 4. Click Repair your computer.
> 5. Click the operating system that you want to repair, and then click Next.
> 6. In the System Recovery Options dialog box, click Command Prompt.
> 7. Type Bootrec.exe, and then press ENTER.
> 8. Type /FixMbr and enter exit setup and the computer will reboot
>

> The /FixMbr option writes a Windows Vista-compatible MBR to the system
> partition. This option does not overwrite the existing partition table.
> Use this option when you must resolve MBR corruption issues, or when you
> have to remove non-standard code from the MBR.

=?Utf-8?B?U3RldmU=?=

Re: OEM BOOTMGR
I have finally figured it out. if you want to install it on a sata drive and
have ide drives to. go into your bois and you ide drives to "none". where the
sata drive is all the bios now sees. go through the install and it will boot
as it should. leave the bios setting with the ide set to none. and in
wondows, it will still see the other ide drives and allow you to use them in
windows. have questions, email me at sbjoe93_2000@yahoo.com