Vista installation after first reboot

=?Utf-8?B?V2luZG93cyBYUCBQcm9ibGVtczogSEVMUCE=?=

Vista installation after first reboot
I recently purchased the final version of Windows Vista Home Premium Upgrade.
I choose to do a clean install and the installation went fine until the first
reboot, the system rebooted and tries to load Windows Vista for the first
time to continue the installation. The logo screen (has the green progress
bar at the bottom of the screen) comes up and it gets stuck here. The
installation never goes past this point.

I've tried to boot from the DVD but after it loads files it also gets stuck
on the loading screen. I was able to bring up a boot manager that I can
select if I want to restore Windows XP or go to the Windows Setup

I used the upgrade advisory and it said windows vista would work and had
nothing for me to do before upgrading.

Any suggestions would be great, thanks!
DandyDon

Re: Vista installation after first reboot
When it is 'stuck', is there any hard drive activity?. If YES, then , be
patient. It will boot eventually. If NO, then you have problems.

"Windows XP Problems: HELP!"
<WindowsXPProblemsHELP@discussions.microsoft.com > wrote in message
>I recently purchased the final version of Windows Vista Home Premium
>Upgrade.
> I choose to do a clean install and the installation went fine until the
> first
> reboot, the system rebooted and tries to load Windows Vista for the first
> time to continue the installation. The logo screen (has the green progress
> bar at the bottom of the screen) comes up and it gets stuck here. The
> installation never goes past this point.
>
> I've tried to boot from the DVD but after it loads files it also gets
> stuck
> on the loading screen. I was able to bring up a boot manager that I can
> select if I want to restore Windows XP or go to the Windows Setup
>
> I used the upgrade advisory and it said windows vista would work and had
> nothing for me to do before upgrading.
>
> Any suggestions would be great, thanks!

=?Utf-8?B?V2luZG93cyBYUCBQcm9ibGVtczogSEVMUCE=?=

Re: Vista installation after first reboot
I'm quite sure there is no hard drive activity because I've left it on for
about an hour but is there any way to know for sure?

=?Utf-8?B?QWxleFQ=?=

RE: Vista installation after first reboot
I am having the exact same problem. I bought the Vista Ultimate upgrade, and
after the first reboot it got stuck at the progress bar. I let it run
literally all night, because there was still some HDD activity, and I read
somewhere that for some people upgrading took up to 4 hours or so. The next
morning, a full 8 hours later, it was still stuck there.

I even exchanged the upgrade for the full version, and still get the same
problem - stuck after first reboot, and now if I try to boot off the DVD, it
immediately goes to the progress bar.

"Windows XP Problems: HELP!" wrote:

> I recently purchased the final version of Windows Vista Home Premium Upgrade.
> I choose to do a clean install and the installation went fine until the first
> reboot, the system rebooted and tries to load Windows Vista for the first
> time to continue the installation. The logo screen (has the green progress
> bar at the bottom of the screen) comes up and it gets stuck here. The
> installation never goes past this point.
>
> I've tried to boot from the DVD but after it loads files it also gets stuck
> on the loading screen. I was able to bring up a boot manager that I can
> select if I want to restore Windows XP or go to the Windows Setup
>
> I used the upgrade advisory and it said windows vista would work and had
> nothing for me to do before upgrading.
>
> Any suggestions would be great, thanks!

=?Utf-8?B?QWxleFQ=?=

Re: Vista installation after first reboot
There is usually a light somewhere on the case that is lit whenver the HD's
are being accessed.

"Windows XP Problems: HELP!" wrote:

> I'm quite sure there is no hard drive activity because I've left it on for
> about an hour but is there any way to know for sure?

Bob Eyster

Re: Vista installation after first reboot
I had this problem when I upgraded and it was a driver causing it to not
load. It would load in safe mode.

Bob Eyster

"Windows XP Problems: HELP!"
<WindowsXPProblemsHELP@discussions.microsoft.com > wrote in message
>I recently purchased the final version of Windows Vista Home Premium
>Upgrade.
> I choose to do a clean install and the installation went fine until the
> first
> reboot, the system rebooted and tries to load Windows Vista for the first
> time to continue the installation. The logo screen (has the green progress
> bar at the bottom of the screen) comes up and it gets stuck here. The
> installation never goes past this point.
>
> I've tried to boot from the DVD but after it loads files it also gets
> stuck
> on the loading screen. I was able to bring up a boot manager that I can
> select if I want to restore Windows XP or go to the Windows Setup
>
> I used the upgrade advisory and it said windows vista would work and had
> nothing for me to do before upgrading.
>
> Any suggestions would be great, thanks!

=?Utf-8?B?aW5keWJpcmQ=?=

Re: Vista installation after first reboot
I have the exact same problem, somebody please find an answer!

Oh by the way I am definitely going to try it in safe mode...
Richard Urban

Re: Vista installation after first reboot
Great post.

You don't say what your problem is. You don't link to the original post. You
didn't copy/paste the original post's text within your post.

Try again and do something right.

--

Regards,

Richard Urban MVP
Microsoft Windows Shell/User

"indybird" <indybird@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have the exact same problem, somebody please find an answer!
>
> Oh by the way I am definitely going to try it in safe mode...

=?Utf-8?B?aW5keWJpcmQ=?=

RE: Vista installation after first reboot
Maybe we all have some hardware in common that is causing the problem
Heres mine:
ATI X1900XTX graphics card
WD SATA HDD
ASUS P5W DH Motherboard