A quick movie for Vista users! So funny!

Ted Landry

A quick movie for Vista users! So funny!
A classic clip showing what Vista users must deal with...

http://snipurl.com/19r0y

If they would just wisen up and get a Mac, the world would be a happier
place!

http://www.apple.com/hardware/
http://www.apple.com/software/

At this point, it's clear Microsoft will never catch up with OSX.
Tom Willett

Re: A quick movie for Vista users! So funny!
Macs are glorified Fisher-Price activity centers for adults; computers for
scaredy cats too nervous to learn how proper computers work; computers for
people who earnestly believe in feng shui.

"Ted Landry" <xyys@com.mil> wrote in message
>A classic clip showing what Vista users must deal with...
>
> http://snipurl.com/19r0y
>
> If they would just wisen up and get a Mac, the world would be a happier
> place!
>
> http://www.apple.com/hardware/
> http://www.apple.com/software/
>
> At this point, it's clear Microsoft will never catch up with OSX.

Richard Urban

Re: A quick movie for Vista users! So funny!
You think?

--

Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from George Ankner:

"Tom Willett" <tompepper@mvps.invalid> wrote:

> Macs are glorified Fisher-Price activity centers for adults; computers for
> scaredy cats too nervous to learn how proper computers work; computers for
> people who earnestly believe in feng shui.

In actually, it's the tool heavy computer users use. It's the power
house of Personal Computing, only the uneducated use Windows at this
point in the game. Unix is where all the smart people go when they want
the best, that's why OSX is the most popular Unix worldwide.

People like Bill Joy, who created Java, use Macs exclusively. Tim
Berners Lee that created the World Wide Web, another Mac only person.
Larry Ellison, CEO of the 2nd largest software firm has over 16 Macs in
daily use.

Even the Number 3 man at Microsoft, Jim Allchin recently stated:

"I'd buy a Mac if i didn't work for Microsoft"

Ouch!

Nobody in their right mind uses Windows, it's just not powerful enough
for the heavy hitters of the world. Plus Windows is too proprietary
compared to Apple's Open Standards, Open Source approach.

Someday Tom, you too will move up to a Unix based Mac.

http://store.apple.com/

PS:

Plus in the corporate space OSX Server can't be beat for the speed and
price. IT groups still using Windows Server have lost the game since
they can completely replace MS server products and still keep on
running. (at about 1/5th the price)

http://www.apple.com/xserve/
http://www.apple.com/server/macosx/
Bill Condie

Re: A quick movie for Vista users! So funny!
<<If they would just wisen up and get a Mac, the world would be a happier
place!

Welcome to the Vista Support Group where even mini-minorities are welcome

"Ted Landry" <xyys@com.mil> wrote in message
>A classic clip showing what Vista users must deal with...
>
> http://snipurl.com/19r0y
>
> If they would just wisen up and get a Mac, the world would be a happier
> place!
>
> http://www.apple.com/hardware/
> http://www.apple.com/software/
>
> At this point, it's clear Microsoft will never catch up with OSX.

Peter M

Re: A quick movie for Vista users! So funny!
ummmm... osx is based on linux not unix. And if osx is the most popular
worldwide how come it only has 3% marketshare and in server markets probably
only about 1% if that? And I see like most Mac zealots you took Allchin's
comment out of context to make your fisher price activity centre look
better. Open Source, errrr, read apple eula's on their software and you'll
find you are not allowed to modify, reverse engineer etc just like MS
software so so much for open source. Funny about the "uneducated", overall
I'd say windows users know more about computers in general. OSX is fairly
new in the OS game and most mac users are still used to pre-osx mac OS where
they relied on apple stores to fix, install everything. Also many windows
users also use linux.

> "Tom Willett" <tompepper@mvps.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Macs are glorified Fisher-Price activity centers for adults; computers
>> for
>> scaredy cats too nervous to learn how proper computers work; computers
>> for
>> people who earnestly believe in feng shui.

> In actually, it's the tool heavy computer users use. It's the power
> house of Personal Computing, only the uneducated use Windows at this
> point in the game. Unix is where all the smart people go when they want
> the best, that's why OSX is the most popular Unix worldwide.
>
> People like Bill Joy, who created Java, use Macs exclusively. Tim
> Berners Lee that created the World Wide Web, another Mac only person.
> Larry Ellison, CEO of the 2nd largest software firm has over 16 Macs in
> daily use.
>
> Even the Number 3 man at Microsoft, Jim Allchin recently stated:
>
> "I'd buy a Mac if i didn't work for Microsoft"
>
> Ouch!
>
> Nobody in their right mind uses Windows, it's just not powerful enough
> for the heavy hitters of the world. Plus Windows is too proprietary
> compared to Apple's Open Standards, Open Source approach.
>
> Someday Tom, you too will move up to a Unix based Mac.
>
> http://store.apple.com/
>
> PS:
>
> Plus in the corporate space OSX Server can't be beat for the speed and
> price. IT groups still using Windows Server have lost the game since
> they can completely replace MS server products and still keep on
> running. (at about 1/5th the price)
>
> http://www.apple.com/xserve/
> http://www.apple.com/server/macosx/

Chris

Peter M wrote:
> ummmm... osx is based on linux not unix. And if osx is the most popular
> worldwide how come it only has 3% marketshare and in server markets probably
> only about 1% if that? And I see like most Mac zealots you took Allchin's
> comment out of context to make your fisher price activity centre look
> better. Open Source, errrr, read apple eula's on their software and you'll
> find you are not allowed to modify, reverse engineer etc just like MS
> software so so much for open source. Funny about the "uneducated", overall
> I'd say windows users know more about computers in general. OSX is fairly
> new in the OS game and most mac users are still used to pre-osx mac OS where
> they relied on apple stores to fix, install everything. Also many windows
> users also use linux.
>
> "Ted Landry" <xyys@com.mil> wrote in message
>> "Tom Willett" <tompepper@mvps.invalid> wrote:
>>
>>> Macs are glorified Fisher-Price activity centers for adults; computers
>>> for
>>> scaredy cats too nervous to learn how proper computers work; computers
>>> for
>>> people who earnestly believe in feng shui.

>> In actually, it's the tool heavy computer users use. It's the power
>> house of Personal Computing, only the uneducated use Windows at this
>> point in the game. Unix is where all the smart people go when they want
>> the best, that's why OSX is the most popular Unix worldwide.
>>
>> People like Bill Joy, who created Java, use Macs exclusively. Tim
>> Berners Lee that created the World Wide Web, another Mac only person.
>> Larry Ellison, CEO of the 2nd largest software firm has over 16 Macs in
>> daily use.
>>
>> Even the Number 3 man at Microsoft, Jim Allchin recently stated:
>>
>> "I'd buy a Mac if i didn't work for Microsoft"
>>
>> Ouch!
>>
>> Nobody in their right mind uses Windows, it's just not powerful enough
>> for the heavy hitters of the world. Plus Windows is too proprietary
>> compared to Apple's Open Standards, Open Source approach.
>>
>> Someday Tom, you too will move up to a Unix based Mac.
>>
>> http://store.apple.com/
>>
>> PS:
>>
>> Plus in the corporate space OSX Server can't be beat for the speed and
>> price. IT groups still using Windows Server have lost the game since
>> they can completely replace MS server products and still keep on
>> running. (at about 1/5th the price)
>>
>> http://www.apple.com/xserve/
>> http://www.apple.com/server/macosx/

I agree with you, but OSX is based on, I believe, BSD which is more of a
UNIX flavor and is not Linux.
Peter M

Re: A quick movie for Vista users! So funny!
I stand corrected, indeed BSD is more UNIX than linux.

> I agree with you, but OSX is based on, I believe, BSD which is more of a
> UNIX flavor and is not Linux.

Shane Nokes

Re: A quick movie for Vista users! So funny!
Actually Jim didn't state that, but that's ok because Mac users can't
actually read

Perhaps if you did your research you would find out what he actually said
and how that was only part of a sentence pulled out of context

Trust me I know Jim personally and that's not his view.

"Ted Landry" <xyys@com.mil> wrote in message
> "Tom Willett" <tompepper@mvps.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Macs are glorified Fisher-Price activity centers for adults; computers
>> for
>> scaredy cats too nervous to learn how proper computers work; computers
>> for
>> people who earnestly believe in feng shui.

> In actually, it's the tool heavy computer users use. It's the power
> house of Personal Computing, only the uneducated use Windows at this
> point in the game. Unix is where all the smart people go when they want
> the best, that's why OSX is the most popular Unix worldwide.
>
> People like Bill Joy, who created Java, use Macs exclusively. Tim
> Berners Lee that created the World Wide Web, another Mac only person.
> Larry Ellison, CEO of the 2nd largest software firm has over 16 Macs in
> daily use.
>
> Even the Number 3 man at Microsoft, Jim Allchin recently stated:
>
> "I'd buy a Mac if i didn't work for Microsoft"
>
> Ouch!
>
> Nobody in their right mind uses Windows, it's just not powerful enough
> for the heavy hitters of the world. Plus Windows is too proprietary
> compared to Apple's Open Standards, Open Source approach.
>
> Someday Tom, you too will move up to a Unix based Mac.
>
> http://store.apple.com/
>
> PS:
>
> Plus in the corporate space OSX Server can't be beat for the speed and
> price. IT groups still using Windows Server have lost the game since
> they can completely replace MS server products and still keep on
> running. (at about 1/5th the price)
>
> http://www.apple.com/xserve/
> http://www.apple.com/server/macosx/

plb2862

"Tom Willett" <tompepper@mvps.invalid> wrote in message
> Macs are glorified Fisher-Price activity centers for adults; computers for
> scaredy cats too nervous to learn how proper computers work; computers for
> people who earnestly believe in feng shui.
>
> "Ted Landry" <xyys@com.mil> wrote in message
> >A classic clip showing what Vista users must deal with...
> >
> > http://snipurl.com/19r0y
> >
> > If they would just wisen up and get a Mac, the world would be a happier
> > place!
> >
> > http://www.apple.com/hardware/
> > http://www.apple.com/software/
> >
> > At this point, it's clear Microsoft will never catch up with OSX.

If you truly believed that you'd be using a linux system.