windows vista upgrade advisor

=?Utf-8?B?aGFyc2g=?=

windows vista upgrade advisor
i have recentely installed windows vista upgrade advisor, as soon as i start
it after 10-15 seconds it returns to the same screen with no results. I have
already purchased a copy of windows vista ultimate. I have a HP laptop with
xp home, 1gb ram and 100 gb hard drive, dont know what to do
Wegie

Re: windows vista upgrade advisor
harsh <harsh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> i have recentely installed windows vista upgrade advisor, as soon as i start
> it after 10-15 seconds it returns to the same screen with no results. I have
> already purchased a copy of windows vista ultimate. I have a HP laptop with
> xp home, 1gb ram and 100 gb hard drive, dont know what to do

what you should do is... get a mac since there is no reason to run an
"advisor" program in the first place. every program written for OSX,
will work on OSX. What a concept!

basically, you and others are living in the dark by still trying to use
Windows in 2007, time to move into the light, join the real computer
revolution! the place where stuff just works, and doesn't hassle you.

http://www.apple.com/

--
..
AJR

Re: windows vista upgrade advisor
It is ridiculous to deny that Linux, Unix, OS2, DOS, OSx and Windows
individually do not have a feature better than the others. Which has the
best mix of performance factors - witness the thousands of Windows systems
versus the handful of Macs (Windows Servers are now replacing the Unix
units).
As I have said in previous posts - go take a bit out of your apple and
I'll have fun with Windows.

"Wegie" <here@northere.com> wrote in message
> harsh <harsh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>> i have recentely installed windows vista upgrade advisor, as soon as i
>> start
>> it after 10-15 seconds it returns to the same screen with no results. I
>> have
>> already purchased a copy of windows vista ultimate. I have a HP laptop
>> with
>> xp home, 1gb ram and 100 gb hard drive, dont know what to do

> what you should do is... get a mac since there is no reason to run an
> "advisor" program in the first place. every program written for OSX,
> will work on OSX. What a concept!
>
> basically, you and others are living in the dark by still trying to use
> Windows in 2007, time to move into the light, join the real computer
> revolution! the place where stuff just works, and doesn't hassle you.
>
> http://www.apple.com/
>
> --
> .

Rock

Re: windows vista upgrade advisor
"Wegie" <here@northere.com> wrote

> harsh <harsh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>> i have recentely installed windows vista upgrade advisor, as soon as i
>> start
>> it after 10-15 seconds it returns to the same screen with no results. I
>> have
>> already purchased a copy of windows vista ultimate. I have a HP laptop
>> with
>> xp home, 1gb ram and 100 gb hard drive, dont know what to do

> what you should do is... get a mac since there is no reason to run an
> "advisor" program in the first place. every program written for OSX,
> will work on OSX. What a concept!
>
> basically, you and others are living in the dark by still trying to use
> Windows in 2007, time to move into the light, join the real computer
> revolution! the place where stuff just works, and doesn't hassle you.

Another incredibly ignorant Mac troll, you folks are pathetic.

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

Rich

Re: windows vista upgrade advisor
> what you should do is... get a mac since there is no reason to run an

... is not helpful advice
you are trying to help, aren't you?
one would hope

don't offer grief, offer help

Rich

Rich

Re: windows vista upgrade advisor
> It is ridiculous to deny that Linux, Unix, OS2, DOS, OSx and Windows

don't know, don't care, waste of time ...

What is ridiculous is to take someone who isn't serious ... seriously

some Mac & Linux users are like gang members wearing their bandanas with
their pants slug low over their asscheeks
practicing their cool walks around the hood looking for rivals to shoot.

but like a good martial arts student, feel serene in the fact that they have
to go back to their choice (have to prove yet again to themselves) while the
world gets smaller and smaller in their binoculars.

=?Utf-8?B?VmluY2U=?=

RE: windows vista upgrade advisor
Harsh, I THINK you got the old beta version of Upgrade Advisor. Some sites
still give the link to it, even though it is discontinued. Your new Vista DVD
alredy includes the new Upgrade Advisor. When you install Vista, it will run
the Upgrade Advisor for you.
And a friendly note: If you only have a gigabyte of RAM, you are going to
have problems running the Ultimate version. Long ago, buried in the shuflle,
Microsoft stated that most users should use the Home Basic version of Vista.
Depedning on your video card, the Upgrade Advisor might tell you that.