vista setup won't start

=?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZQ==?=

vista setup won't start
I have Vista Ultimate. I put the disc in the drive, it starts to spin and I
get an error message.
File Autorun.dll could not be loaded or is corrupt. Setup cannot continue.
Error code [0x3e7]

Help!
--
PP
Wegie

Re: vista setup won't start
Pete <Pete@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I have Vista Ultimate. I put the disc in the drive, it starts to spin and I
> get an error message.
> File Autorun.dll could not be loaded or is corrupt. Setup cannot continue.
> Error code [0x3e7]

good lord! get a mac!

these errors are simply not possible on an Apple product.

--
..
BobS

Re: vista setup won't start
good lord - get a life troll.....

"Wegie" <here@northere.com> wrote in message
> Pete <Pete@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>> I have Vista Ultimate. I put the disc in the drive, it starts to spin and
>> get an error message.
>> File Autorun.dll could not be loaded or is corrupt. Setup cannot
>> continue.
>> Error code [0x3e7]

> good lord! get a mac!
>
> these errors are simply not possible on an Apple product.
>
> --
> .

CaptainToy

Re: vista setup won't start
Wegie:
I think you have been given too many wegies in your time on this planet.
Decent people put a post in this newsgroup asking for help, and all you
offer is crude rude remarks. Get a life you idiot.
CaptainToy

"Wegie" <here@northere.com> wrote in message
Pete <Pete@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I have Vista Ultimate. I put the disc in the drive, it starts to spin and
> get an error message.
> File Autorun.dll could not be loaded or is corrupt. Setup cannot continue.
> Error code [0x3e7]

good lord! get a mac!

these errors are simply not possible on an Apple product.

--
..

Rock

Re: vista setup won't start
"Pete" <Pete@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote

>I have Vista Ultimate. I put the disc in the drive, it starts to spin and I
> get an error message.
> File Autorun.dll could not be loaded or is corrupt. Setup cannot continue.
> Error code [0x3e7]

Clean the DVD, get a drive cleaning disk and clean the DVD drive. Try a
different DVD drive, and if you know someone who has a Vista DVD try theirs,
it's your product key that matters, all the DVDs are the same (except the
volume license ones).

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

=?Utf-8?B?bG9hZGVyb3Bw?=

RE: vista setup won't start
Hello Pete! I hope placed the CD in the DVD drive and not a CD drive I
made same mistake vista is on a DVD

"Pete" wrote:

> I have Vista Ultimate. I put the disc in the drive, it starts to spin and I
> get an error message.
> File Autorun.dll could not be loaded or is corrupt. Setup cannot continue.
> Error code [0x3e7]
>
> Help!
> --
> PP

Yorky

Re: vista setup won't start

I'm getting the same error, but my disc if definitely in a DVD drive.
If I eject and re-insert the DVD (which I did initially to clean it,
after reading the advice above) I find that instead of all the folders
and files that were there before, all I have is a README.TXT that says, > This disc contains a "UDF" file system and requires an operating system

--
Yorky
Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: vista setup won't start
Yorky

Is this a copy of Vista tht you downloaded from somewhere on the internet?

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"Yorky" <Yorky.2tb5k7@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> I'm getting the same error, but my disc if definitely in a DVD drive.
> If I eject and re-insert the DVD (which I did initially to clean it,
> after reading the advice above) I find that instead of all the folders
> and files that were there before, all I have is a README.TXT that says, >
> This disc contains a "UDF" file system and requires an operating system
>> that supports the ISO-13346 "UDF" file system specification.

> --
> Yorky

Peter Foldes

Re: vista setup won't start
Yorky

This is a file that you had to download from somewhere on the Net. You will need to convert this file with something like Nero.Roxio or similar. Did you purchase Vista before downloading it.

--
Peter