SINCE VISTA UPGARDE, FLASH WILL NOW NOT LOAD....

=?Utf-8?B?RXZlcnl0aGluZyBhZnRlciBWaXN0YSB1cGdyYWRlIHRvbyB3aWRlIQ==?=

SINCE VISTA UPGARDE, FLASH WILL NOW NOT LOAD....
Since my XP to Vista Ultimate upgrade, no Internet site using Flash will load
properly. The Macrovision Flash site says Flash 9.0 is loaded, but the users
of it cannot get past some kind of blocking. I have Spybot, but the
"Immunize" function is turned off. I've faithfully followed the Help and KB
fixing ideas and prompts.... to no avail. Thanks in advance.
MICHAEL

Re: SINCE VISTA UPGARDE, FLASH WILL NOW NOT LOAD....

"Everything after Vista upgrade too wide!"
<EverythingafterVistaupgradetoowide@discussions.mi crosoft.com> wrote in message
> Since my XP to Vista Ultimate upgrade, no Internet site using Flash will load
> properly. The Macrovision Flash site says Flash 9.0 is loaded, but the users
> of it cannot get past some kind of blocking. I have Spybot, but the
> "Immunize" function is turned off. I've faithfully followed the Help and KB
> fixing ideas and prompts.... to no avail. Thanks in advance.

Trying to find the standalone flash installer at Adobe's
site is impossible. Thanks to Carey F. for this link.

http://www.softwarepatch.com/internet/flash.html

-Michael

mikeyhsd

Re: SINCE VISTA UPGARDE, FLASH WILL NOW NOT LOAD....
use the uninstall tool from the flash site and reinstall it.
lots of people have the same problem and the same fix works.

there were instructions in the release notes on some programs that will not work correctly and recommendations on removing them before installing vista.

mikeyhsd@sport.rr.commikeyhsd@sport.rr.com

"Everything after Vista upgrade too wide!" <EverythingafterVistaupgradetoowide@discussions.mi crosoft.com> wrote in message news:066EECA1-8956-4557-A512-444C666E6099@microsoft.com...
Since my XP to Vista Ultimate upgrade, no Internet site using Flash will load
properly. The Macrovision Flash site says Flash 9.0 is loaded, but the users
of it cannot get past some kind of blocking. I have Spybot, but the
"Immunize" function is turned off. I've faithfully followed the Help and KB
fixing ideas and prompts.... to no avail. Thanks in advance.
=?Utf-8?B?RXZlcnl0aGluZyBhZnRlciBWaXN0YSB1cGdyYWRlIHRvbyB3aWRlIQ==?=

Re: SINCE VISTA UPGARDE, FLASH WILL NOW NOT LOAD....
Yes, mikeyhsd, but a straightforward unload / reload DOES NOT WORK here....
only this wonderful special download site that Michael quoted from Carey F.
worked PERFECTLY: but can I point out that is nowhere to be found on the KB
or in Vista help. I am very grateful to Michael and Carey for this fix:
Flash works perfectly now! Now, onwards to the fat faces stretched wide by
Vista and the downloaded updates that won't install, both of which have help
files I cannot for the life of me implement despite several attempts to
meticulously follow them.

"mikeyhsd" wrote:

> use the uninstall tool from the flash site and reinstall it.
> lots of people have the same problem and the same fix works.
>
> there were instructions in the release notes on some programs that will not work correctly and recommendations on removing them before installing vista.
>
> mikeyhsd@sport.rr.commikeyhsd@sport.rr.com
>
> "Everything after Vista upgrade too wide!" <EverythingafterVistaupgradetoowide@discussions.mi crosoft.com> wrote in message news:066EECA1-8956-4557-A512-444C666E6099@microsoft.com...
> Since my XP to Vista Ultimate upgrade, no Internet site using Flash will load
> properly. The Macrovision Flash site says Flash 9.0 is loaded, but the users
> of it cannot get past some kind of blocking. I have Spybot, but the
> "Immunize" function is turned off. I've faithfully followed the Help and KB
> fixing ideas and prompts.... to no avail. Thanks in advance

=?Utf-8?B?RXZlcnl0aGluZyBhZnRlciBWaXN0YSB1cGdyYWRlIHRvbyB3aWRlIQ==?=

Re: SINCE VISTA UPGARDE, FLASH WILL NOW NOT LOAD....
YOU ARE A GENIUS, AND SO IS CAREY F. YOUR SPECIAL DOWNLOAD SITE WORKS
PERFECTLY! ALL FLASH WORKS FINE. NOW ONWARDS TO THE FAT FACES AND
UNINSTALLABLE DOWNLOADS....

"MICHAEL" wrote:

> "Everything after Vista upgrade too wide!"
> <EverythingafterVistaupgradetoowide@discussions.mi crosoft.com> wrote in message
> > Since my XP to Vista Ultimate upgrade, no Internet site using Flash will load
> > properly. The Macrovision Flash site says Flash 9.0 is loaded, but the users
> > of it cannot get past some kind of blocking. I have Spybot, but the
> > "Immunize" function is turned off. I've faithfully followed the Help and KB
> > fixing ideas and prompts.... to no avail. Thanks in advance.

> Trying to find the standalone flash installer at Adobe's
> site is impossible. Thanks to Carey F. for this link.
>
> http://www.softwarepatch.com/internet/flash.html
>

> -Michael

MICHAEL

Re: SINCE VISTA UPGARDE, FLASH WILL NOW NOT LOAD....
Glad it worked out.

-Michael