VISTA DISPLAY MAKES FACES TOO FAT!

=?Utf-8?B?RXZlcnl0aGluZyBhZnRlciBWaXN0YSB1cGdyYWRlIHRvbyB3aWRlIQ==?=

VISTA DISPLAY MAKES FACES TOO FAT!
I went from XP to Vista on my Toshiba Satellite 17" laptop.... all pictures,
all icons etc. are too wide.... stretched so everyone and everything appears
fat. I've spent hours in the Help menus.... I'm not smart enough to find
the fix (as I only have a Masters in English....) any ideas gratefully
received. The display is obviously de-anamorphosing to fit the wider screen,
but the result is truly awful-looking and not the way you want your wife to
see herself!

Malke

Re: VISTA DISPLAY MAKES FACES TOO FAT!
Everything after Vista upgrade too wide! wrote:
> I went from XP to Vista on my Toshiba Satellite 17" laptop.... all pictures,
> all icons etc. are too wide.... stretched so everyone and everything appears
> fat. I've spent hours in the Help menus.... I'm not smart enough to find
> the fix (as I only have a Masters in English....) any ideas gratefully
> received. The display is obviously de-anamorphosing to fit the wider screen,
> but the result is truly awful-looking and not the way you want your wife to
> see herself!

After you installed Vista, did you download and install all the drivers
for your hardware (and also any laptop-specific software) from Toshiba?
If not, you need to do so. Hopefully Toshiba will have Vista drivers for
your model laptop. Get drivers from Toshiba's website.

That is the reason your display doesn't look right - you need the
correct drivers. If there are no Vista drivers available, contact
Toshiba tech support to see if they will be offering Vista drivers for
your model laptop. If they will not, then put XP back on the machine.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
pvdg42

<EverythingafterVistaupgradetoowide@discussions.mi crosoft.com> wrote in
message news:00845000-1F66-460B-AE4D-29E767BE0F41@microsoft.com...
>I went from XP to Vista on my Toshiba Satellite 17" laptop.... all
>pictures,
> all icons etc. are too wide.... stretched so everyone and everything
> appears
> fat. I've spent hours in the Help menus.... I'm not smart enough to find
> the fix (as I only have a Masters in English....) any ideas gratefully
> received. The display is obviously de-anamorphosing to fit the wider
> screen,
> but the result is truly awful-looking and not the way you want your wife
> see herself!

First, check your Satellite docs and find out what the native screen
resolution is.
We're assuming here that your Satellite is certified as at least "Vista
Capable" by Toshiba?
Then, right-click on your desktop and select "Personalize".
From the selections presented in the resulting dialog, select "Display
Settings".
In the Display Settings dialog that appears, see if you can move the
resolution slider to the native resolution for your Toshiba.
If you can, select that resolution. If you cannot, you'll need to pursue
other alternatives, like contacting Toshiba for updated video drivers.

Michael

Re: VISTA DISPLAY MAKES FACES TOO FAT!
Also check your documentation to see what the native resolution is of your
display.
Check that your display driver is set to this native resolution. (right
click on blank area of desktop, select personalize, then display settings),
if your native resolution is not offered than you will need new drivers that
recognize your display.

Michael

> Everything after Vista upgrade too wide! wrote:
>> I went from XP to Vista on my Toshiba Satellite 17" laptop.... all
>> pictures, all icons etc. are too wide.... stretched so everyone and
>> everything appears fat. I've spent hours in the Help menus.... I'm not
>> smart enough to find the fix (as I only have a Masters in English....)
>> any ideas gratefully received. The display is obviously de-anamorphosing
>> to fit the wider screen, but the result is truly awful-looking and not
>> the way you want your wife to see herself!
>>

> After you installed Vista, did you download and install all the drivers
> for your hardware (and also any laptop-specific software) from Toshiba? If
> not, you need to do so. Hopefully Toshiba will have Vista drivers for your
> model laptop. Get drivers from Toshiba's website.
>
> That is the reason your display doesn't look right - you need the correct
> drivers. If there are no Vista drivers available, contact Toshiba tech
> support to see if they will be offering Vista drivers for your model
> laptop. If they will not, then put XP back on the machine.
>

> Malke
> --
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"
> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

F r e e

Re: VISTA DISPLAY MAKES FACES TOO FAT!
Press Control + move mouse wheel...

"Everything after Vista upgrade too wide!"
<EverythingafterVistaupgradetoowide@discussions.mi crosoft.com> escribió en
el mensaje de noticias