Vista Business Edition and LIP English

meo

Vista Business Edition and LIP English
Can I change display interface for Vista Business edition to English
language?

I thought MUI is provied for ONLY Vista Ultim ate but how about LIP?

Where can I download LIP in English? And does it support for Vista Business?

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: Vista Business Edition and LIP English
You can only change the language of Vista if you have Vista Ultimate
or Enterprise.

With Ultimate, you can download the language packs for free.
Just open Windows Update, choose "view available updates",
and check the language pack you want.

Afterwards, from Control Panel (categories view), just choose
"Change display language" under "Clock, Language and Region".
Pick your language, log off, log on, and done.

If you have another version of Vista other than those two,
such as Windows Vista Home Premium or Business edition,
you'll need to purchase a "full version" of Windows
Vista in your desired language and perform a "clean install" or
install it on a separate partition or drive (dual-boot).

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"meo" wrote:

Can I change display interface for Vista Business edition to English
language?

I thought MUI is provied for ONLY Vista Ultim ate but how about LIP?

Where can I download LIP in English? And does it support for Vista Business?

jorge

Re: Vista Business Edition and LIP English
This page from MS conflicts with your post, although the page is useless at
providing links to the LIPs, it says they do exist

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...b5ecc1033.mspx

http://www.microsoft.com/industry/pu...e/default.aspx

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> You can only change the language of Vista if you have Vista Ultimate
> or Enterprise.
>
> With Ultimate, you can download the language packs for free.
> Just open Windows Update, choose "view available updates",
> and check the language pack you want.
>
> Afterwards, from Control Panel (categories view), just choose
> "Change display language" under "Clock, Language and Region".
> Pick your language, log off, log on, and done.
>
> If you have another version of Vista other than those two,
> such as Windows Vista Home Premium or Business edition,
> you'll need to purchase a "full version" of Windows
> Vista in your desired language and perform a "clean install" or
> install it on a separate partition or drive (dual-boot).
>

> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User

> "meo" wrote:
>
> Can I change display interface for Vista Business edition to English
> language?
>
> I thought MUI is provied for ONLY Vista Ultim ate but how about LIP?
>
> Where can I download LIP in English? And does it support for Vista Business?

F.Michael

Re: Vista Business Edition and LIP English
i've seen alot of posts on this matter...and all of them sound alike...at
least the reply that is given. i don't think this is fair. every one of us
has la microsoft vista licence, that somehow it is paid for. why do we need
tobuy another version of vista that is in english or a version of vista
enterprise or ultimate? if there is la "Language interface pack" why
microsoft doesnt provide the english language to?
i think that the problem could be solved with an update of windows that
provides vista users the english language. and one more thing....once windows
comes with a language choosen by some provider it shoul have english language
as well.
thnks!!!!!

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> You can only change the language of Vista if you have Vista Ultimate
> or Enterprise.
>
> With Ultimate, you can download the language packs for free.
> Just open Windows Update, choose "view available updates",
> and check the language pack you want.
>
> Afterwards, from Control Panel (categories view), just choose
> "Change display language" under "Clock, Language and Region".
> Pick your language, log off, log on, and done.
>
> If you have another version of Vista other than those two,
> such as Windows Vista Home Premium or Business edition,
> you'll need to purchase a "full version" of Windows
> Vista in your desired language and perform a "clean install" or
> install it on a separate partition or drive (dual-boot).
>

> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User

> "meo" wrote:
>
> Can I change display interface for Vista Business edition to English
> language?
>
> I thought MUI is provied for ONLY Vista Ultim ate but how about LIP?
>
> Where can I download LIP in English? And does it support for Vista Business?

Rick Rogers

Re: Vista Business Edition and LIP English
The ability to change the base OS installation language is a feature that is
only included with Ultimate. If you purchase a different version of Vista,
you should ensure that you purchase it in the proper language. Seems to me
that it would be kind of silly to purchase Vista in a language that one
cannot interpret.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"F.Michael" <F.Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> i've seen alot of posts on this matter...and all of them sound alike...at
> least the reply that is given. i don't think this is fair. every one of
> us
> has la microsoft vista licence, that somehow it is paid for. why do we
> need
> tobuy another version of vista that is in english or a version of vista
> enterprise or ultimate? if there is la "Language interface pack" why
> microsoft doesnt provide the english language to?
> i think that the problem could be solved with an update of windows that
> provides vista users the english language. and one more thing....once
> windows
> comes with a language choosen by some provider it shoul have english
> language
> as well.
> thnks!!!!!
>
> "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> You can only change the language of Vista if you have Vista Ultimate
>> or Enterprise.
>>
>> With Ultimate, you can download the language packs for free.
>> Just open Windows Update, choose "view available updates",
>> and check the language pack you want.
>>
>> Afterwards, from Control Panel (categories view), just choose
>> "Change display language" under "Clock, Language and Region".
>> Pick your language, log off, log on, and done.
>>
>> If you have another version of Vista other than those two,
>> such as Windows Vista Home Premium or Business edition,
>> you'll need to purchase a "full version" of Windows
>> Vista in your desired language and perform a "clean install" or
>> install it on a separate partition or drive (dual-boot).
>>

>> --
>> Carey Frisch
>> Microsoft MVP
>> Windows Shell/User

>> "meo" wrote:
>>
>> Can I change display interface for Vista Business edition to English
>> language?
>>
>> I thought MUI is provied for ONLY Vista Ultim ate but how about LIP?
>>
>> Where can I download LIP in English? And does it support for Vista
>> Business?

F.Michael

Re: Vista Business Edition and LIP English
ok...this is true...i bought a laptop from spain....and they gave me vista in
spanish...and because i saw on microsoft site that you can change the main
language with la "lip" i asked "WHY DOESN'T MICROSOFT PROVIDE THE ENGLISH
LANGUAGE TOO, LIKE OTHER LANGUAGES?"