Error during Vista Ultimate instalation

=?Utf-8?B?RW5nYWdlIFlvdXRo?=

Error during Vista Ultimate instalation
I have been trying to upgrade to vista ultimate and have done everything
needed, even converting to NFTS. I have gotten as far as the gathering files
portion of install to between 30 and 70 percent done. Then it stops and all
it says there was an error in installation and that's about it. Any help
would be great.
=?Utf-8?B?ZGtpbnRoZXVr?=

RE: Error during Vista Ultimate instalation
I'm having exactly the same problem. No detail to the error message - just
"I'm stopping so there!"

I have been searching for about 5 hours now for anyone with similar problems
that has fixed it but no joy... why present an error with no detail?

"Engage Youth" wrote:

> I have been trying to upgrade to vista ultimate and have done everything
> needed, even converting to NFTS. I have gotten as far as the gathering files
> portion of install to between 30 and 70 percent done. Then it stops and all
> it says there was an error in installation and that's about it. Any help
> would be great.

=?Utf-8?B?ZGtpbnRoZXVr?=

RE: Error during Vista Ultimate instalation
Please help - this is still happening and i can't find anyone else with the
same problem apart from here - i've disabled or uninstalled everything i can
think of that might be causing a problem...

HELP!

"dkintheuk" wrote:

> I'm having exactly the same problem. No detail to the error message - just
> "I'm stopping so there!"
>
> I have been searching for about 5 hours now for anyone with similar problems
> that has fixed it but no joy... why present an error with no detail?
>
> "Engage Youth" wrote:
>
> > I have been trying to upgrade to vista ultimate and have done everything
> > needed, even converting to NFTS. I have gotten as far as the gathering files
> > portion of install to between 30 and 70 percent done. Then it stops and all
> > it says there was an error in installation and that's about it. Any help
> > would be great.

Don

dkintheuk wrote:
> I'm having exactly the same problem. No detail to the error message - just
> "I'm stopping so there!"...

The usual reason for a failed installation is that Vista does not have
the right drivers for your SATA disk controller, or perhaps your
graphics card. The solution is usually to get the Vista-compatible
drivers from the website of the manufacturer of your computer hardware.