UAC treats iexplorer.exe (ie 7.0) as an unidentified publisher

=?Utf-8?B?S2V2aW4=?=

UAC treats iexplorer.exe (ie 7.0) as an unidentified publisher
I installed Vista Ultimate over XP Pro. Now Vista User Access Control
prompts me for permission whenever I (or any application) tries to launch
internet explorer 7.0, which had been previously installed as an update in XP
Pro.

Is this a normal condition with Vista? Is there a problem with the UAC
settings? I suspect some an installation issue because Vista does not
recognize ie7.0 as an identified publisher. This is a real headache beacuse
many progams that try to launch ie for activation or updates can't complete
their connection to the internet. I can manually launch ie by right clicking
it and running as an administrator so there is no issue with ie itself, just
the way Vista treats it. But of all programs why would Vista prompt approval
of ie? There is some installation problem here? Any suggestions?
joseph2k

Re: UAC treats iexplorer.exe (ie 7.0) as an unidentified publisher
Kevin wrote:

> I installed Vista Ultimate over XP Pro. Now Vista User Access Control
> prompts me for permission whenever I (or any application) tries to launch
> internet explorer 7.0, which had been previously installed as an update in
> XP Pro.
>
> Is this a normal condition with Vista? Is there a problem with the UAC
> settings? I suspect some an installation issue because Vista does not
> recognize ie7.0 as an identified publisher. This is a real headache
> beacuse many progams that try to launch ie for activation or updates can't
> complete
> their connection to the internet. I can manually launch ie by right
> clicking it and running as an administrator so there is no issue with ie
> itself, just
> the way Vista treats it. But of all programs why would Vista prompt
> approval
> of ie? There is some installation problem here? Any suggestions?

reinstall ie 7, preferably from the Vista DVD. It did not update the XP
version but the UUID is not correct for the Vista version.

--
JosephKK
Gegen dummheit kampfen die Gotter Selbst, vergebens.┬*┬*
=?Utf-8?B?S2V2aW4=?=

Re: UAC treats iexplorer.exe (ie 7.0) as an unidentified publisher
Thanks much. I haven't had a chance to try this yet but I will this weekend.
Are there any tricks to reinstalling ie from the Vista DVD? I was not aware
that I could selectively reinstall ie. In fact, other bulliten board
postings have indicated that ie is an intregral part of Vista and cannot be
uninstalled so I assumed it could not be reinstalled. Have you reinstalled
ie from the Vista DVD yourself? Anything to be aware of?

Kevin wrote:

> Thanks much. I haven't had a chance to try this yet but I will this
> weekend.
> Are there any tricks to reinstalling ie from the Vista DVD? I was not
> aware
> that I could selectively reinstall ie. In fact, other bulliten board
> postings have indicated that ie is an intregral part of Vista and cannot
> be
> uninstalled so I assumed it could not be reinstalled. Have you
> reinstalled
> ie from the Vista DVD yourself? Anything to be aware of?
>
> "joseph2k" wrote:
>
>> Kevin wrote:
>>
>> > I installed Vista Ultimate over XP Pro. Now Vista User Access Control
>> > prompts me for permission whenever I (or any application) tries to
>> > launch internet explorer 7.0, which had been previously installed as an
>> > update in XP Pro.
>> >
>> > Is this a normal condition with Vista? Is there a problem with the UAC
>> > settings? I suspect some an installation issue because Vista does not
>> > recognize ie7.0 as an identified publisher. This is a real headache
>> > beacuse many progams that try to launch ie for activation or updates
>> > can't complete
>> > their connection to the internet. I can manually launch ie by right
>> > clicking it and running as an administrator so there is no issue with
>> > ie itself, just
>> > the way Vista treats it. But of all programs why would Vista prompt
>> > approval
>> > of ie? There is some installation problem here? Any suggestions?

>> reinstall ie 7, preferably from the Vista DVD. It did not update the XP
>> version but the UUID is not correct for the Vista version.
>>
>> --
>> JosephKK
>> Gegen dummheit kampfen die Gotter Selbst, vergebens.
>> --Schiller

I haven't tried it yet. My vista install is full-clean (blank disk). Also
ie7 is available as a separate download for XP. Integrated, yes;
completely non-removable, not up to XP, it is removable there. It may not
be separately re-installable, you may have to update/upgrade re-install. I
guess i will have to try IE7 some more, i put firefox on my vista and never
looked back.