HELP!! Having problems installing Vista Home Premium Upgrade

=?Utf-8?B?c3BpZHJvc3M=?=

HELP!! Having problems installing Vista Home Premium Upgrade
Well being the glutten for punishment that i am and not being able to resist
new things i just bought myself a copy of windows vista home premium upgrade.
I tried to install and all went really well until it said completing
installation. It got to about 30% and then a dreaded blue screen crash!!

The computer rebooted and the vista installation informed me that it had
failed the installation and would restore my windows to it's previous state.
This it seemd to do, but now when i start the pc up it gives me two choices
start with an earlier version of windows (this allows me to start windows xp)
or windows rollback which does nothing apart form sit there with the vista
screen. I have tried every way to install it again but it just seems that it
won't have it and now crashes on copying installation files!!

Have tried everything it seems, what i want to be able to do is now go back
to before i tried installing vista and start again. i used system restore
(which by the way mentions nothing about an attempt to install vista) to do
this but when the computer restarts, whilst completing the restore process,
it comes up with the 2 options of either reverting to an earlier version of
windows or use the windows rollback and because i have to select the earlier
version of windows it then does not complete the restore process.

the way i look at it i need to remove the file that is making my boot up
process ask me the two options so windows xp will boot straight to xp. Then i
can system restore to the day i clean formatted xp and reinstalled everything
and try the install again. So how do i do that and remove all the temp files
that vista has managed to leave somewhere?? I can't re-install my whole
system at the moment which i was going to do as my raid floppy disc is
corrupted!!

Vista upgrade advisor says that my computer will have no problems at all
during teh upgrade process with no problems reported.

Any ideas help much appreciated

Mayor of R'lyeh

Re: HELP!! Having problems installing Vista Home Premium Upgrade

get a life, quit being masochistic, get a macintosh and your computing
life will improve 90%.

http://www.apple.com/
Adam Albright

Re: HELP!! Having problems installing Vista Home Premium Upgrade
On Sat, 10 Feb 2007 12:08:27 -0700, Mayor of R'lyeh
<mayor.of.rlyeh@gmail.com> wrote:

>get a life, quit being masochistic, get a macintosh and your computing
>life will improve 90%.

Priceless... a Mac freak telling somebody else to get a life.

There are 3 groups of goofs most people avoid:

1. right wing extremists that still blindly support Bush
2. Star Trek geeks that play dress up
3. Mac nuts that stupidly insist everybody should get a Mac

BobS

Re: HELP!! Having problems installing Vista Home Premium Upgrade
Okay - prove it.

And while you're thinking about how to substaniate your unfounded claim of
90% - just think if it were really true - it would be a Mac world and not a
PC world - right? Which is it?

I sincerely doubt that even Apple appreciates your used-car salesman pitch -
I know we don't.

Bob S.

"Mayor of R'lyeh" <mayor.of.rlyeh@gmail.com> wrote in message

> get a life, quit being masochistic, get a macintosh and your computing
> life will improve 90%.
>
> http://www.apple.com/

=?Utf-8?B?QWxiZXJ0?=

Re: HELP!! Having problems installing Vista Home Premium Upgrade
CFixed it, i called a technician over and he loaded the Fail-Safe setting's
in BIOS, i formated the computer only to find out that my Randeon 9600 Doesnt
work anymore, Anyway he said that i would have to buy a new card.
And Mayor of R'lyeh your telling me to get a life, iam not the one who
browses Microsoft's Forums and advertises Mac's.
quakechick

spidross wrote:
> Well being the glutten for punishment that i am and not being able to resist
> new things i just bought myself a copy of windows vista home premium upgrade.
> I tried to install and all went really well until it said completing
> installation. It got to about 30% and then a dreaded blue screen crash!!
>
> The computer rebooted and the vista installation informed me that it had
> failed the installation and would restore my windows to it's previous state.
> This it seemd to do, but now when i start the pc up it gives me two choices
> start with an earlier version of windows (this allows me to start windows xp)
> or windows rollback which does nothing apart form sit there with the vista
> screen. I have tried every way to install it again but it just seems that it
> won't have it and now crashes on copying installation files!!
>
> Have tried everything it seems, what i want to be able to do is now go back
> to before i tried installing vista and start again. i used system restore
> (which by the way mentions nothing about an attempt to install vista) to do
> this but when the computer restarts, whilst completing the restore process,
> it comes up with the 2 options of either reverting to an earlier version of
> windows or use the windows rollback and because i have to select the earlier
> version of windows it then does not complete the restore process.
>
> the way i look at it i need to remove the file that is making my boot up
> process ask me the two options so windows xp will boot straight to xp. Then i
> can system restore to the day i clean formatted xp and reinstalled everything
> and try the install again. So how do i do that and remove all the temp files
> that vista has managed to leave somewhere?? I can't re-install my whole
> system at the moment which i was going to do as my raid floppy disc is
> corrupted!!
>
> Vista upgrade advisor says that my computer will have no problems at all
> during teh upgrade process with no problems reported.
>
> Any ideas help much appreciated

Here is what you need

http://vistabootpro.org/

select manage os entries and remove the entry for vista this should do
the trick
quakechick

BobS wrote:
> Okay - prove it.
>
> And while you're thinking about how to substaniate your unfounded claim
> of 90% - just think if it were really true - it would be a Mac world and
> not a PC world - right? Which is it?
>
> I sincerely doubt that even Apple appreciates your used-car salesman
> pitch - I know we don't.
>
> Bob S.
>

> "Mayor of R'lyeh" <mayor.of.rlyeh@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> get a life, quit being masochistic, get a macintosh and your computing
>> life will improve 90%.
>>
>> http://www.apple.com/

why is it then that so many mac users use windows software in VPC, which
will not work with Vista, and some have tried believe me, and got upset
when told it would not work. Lets see windows software for PC and MAC
yes i can see why they think it would work. Get a Grip........