Uninstalling Vista, and reinstalling in the future HELP PLEASE

=?Utf-8?B?Q29vbFBpeA==?=

Uninstalling Vista, and reinstalling in the future HELP PLEASE
I want to know, if i uninstall vista and reinstall XP. Will i have a problem
reactivating Vista or XP. I would not have installed Vista if i knew that
there was almost no programs that worked properly with the new system. I have
a new computer and the latest video drivers, beta sound drivers. Very
disappointed in the support of software manufactures, and in MS bring this
out when you can not run essential programs. I would like to reinstall Vista
once i see supported products.

Any help in this matter would be appreicated.

Its like buying a car, but you can't get any fuel for it.
JimR

Re: Uninstalling Vista, and reinstalling in the future HELP PLEASE
"CoolPix" <CoolPix@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want to know, if i uninstall vista and reinstall XP. Will i have a
>problem
> reactivating Vista or XP. I would not have installed Vista if i knew that
> there was almost no programs that worked properly with the new system. I
> have
> a new computer and the latest video drivers, beta sound drivers. Very
> disappointed in the support of software manufactures, and in MS bring this
> out when you can not run essential programs. I would like to reinstall
> Vista
> once i see supported products.
>
> Any help in this matter would be appreicated.
>
> Its like buying a car, but you can't get any fuel for it.

Reinstalling Vista later shouldn't be a problem. As with XP if you are
reinstalling on the same computer, activation should not be a problem.
Which essential programs won't run on Vista?

--
Jim

Adam Albright

Re: Uninstalling Vista, and reinstalling in the future HELP PLEASE
On Sat, 10 Feb 2007 08:31:00 -0800, CoolPix
<CoolPix@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I want to know, if i uninstall vista and reinstall XP. Will i have a problem
>reactivating Vista or XP.

If you do a CLEAN install, putting back XP from scratch, no. Trying to
"go back" to XP once Vista is up and running, from what I've read you
can't do. So before you decide you want to undo, remember you will
probably have to reinstall all your software and hopefully you have
working backup of all your files.

>I would not have installed Vista if i knew that
>there was almost no programs that worked properly with the new system.

What software are you running that causes problems? List a few.

I have a very extensive collection of software, some years old, and
not the latest versions and EVERYTHING I've tested so far works in
Vista. So far the only issue I've had in doing a install in place is a
few of the applications needed to be reinstalled even though Vista
didn't nag and at first blush they seemed to work, but later using
them some features were disabled. Still, reinstalling the software
packages they work fine now.

I even have some legacy circa Windows 3.1 software, for example
Wincode, even it runs fine under Vista.

>I have a new computer and the latest video drivers, beta sound drivers. Very
>disappointed in the support of software manufactures, and in MS bring this
>out when you can not run essential programs. I would like to reinstall Vista
>once i see supported products.
>
>Any help in this matter would be appreicated.
>
>Its like buying a car, but you can't get any fuel for it.

=?Utf-8?B?Q29vbFBpeA==?=

Re: Uninstalling Vista, and reinstalling in the future HELP PLEASE
CorelDraw would not install, i was getting the message "Unable to create a
DOM document blablabla Verify that MSXML4 is installed. Corel newsgroups
could not figure it out, so i uninstalled msxml4, and reinstalled, and
reinstalled corel and finally got it working. Adobe products do not install
which i use, font managers don't work anymore. I am sure that things will
work as software companys bring out drivers but this is a bit of a bummer. I
can't see Joe Public of whom most know nothing about computers figuring out
how to fix problems. I have went from Dos to all window platforms with
anticipation of improvments, this OS is just too soon without support of the
vendors. I have a Creative XFi card that only has beta drivers, thier forum
is like a lion's den. I just wanted to know if i deactivate and wait for a
month or two, and reactivate if i will have any problems.
Thanks

"JimR" wrote:

> "CoolPix" <CoolPix@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I want to know, if i uninstall vista and reinstall XP. Will i have a
> >problem
> > reactivating Vista or XP. I would not have installed Vista if i knew that
> > there was almost no programs that worked properly with the new system. I
> > have
> > a new computer and the latest video drivers, beta sound drivers. Very
> > disappointed in the support of software manufactures, and in MS bring this
> > out when you can not run essential programs. I would like to reinstall
> > Vista
> > once i see supported products.
> >
> > Any help in this matter would be appreicated.
> >
> > Its like buying a car, but you can't get any fuel for it.

> Reinstalling Vista later shouldn't be a problem. As with XP if you are
> reinstalling on the same computer, activation should not be a problem.
> Which essential programs won't run on Vista?
>
> --
> Jim

Donald McDaniel

Re: Uninstalling Vista, and reinstalling in the future HELP PLEASE
"CoolPix" <CoolPix@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want to know, if i uninstall vista and reinstall XP. Will i have a problem
> reactivating Vista or XP. I would not have installed Vista if i knew that
> there was almost no programs that worked properly with the new system. I
> have
> a new computer and the latest video drivers, beta sound drivers. Very
> disappointed in the support of software manufactures, and in MS bring this
> out when you can not run essential programs. I would like to reinstall Vista
> once i see supported products.
>
> Any help in this matter would be appreicated.
>
> Its like buying a car, but you can't get any fuel for it.

I installed Vista Home Premium System Builder Kit over the weekend, activated
it, then decided I needed to reinstall.

I did a BIOS update today, then went to Activate over the Internet. No
problem at all. I had been expecting to have to call Microsoft to activate,
but my machine activated immediately.

Nice of Microsoft...

--
Donald L McDaniel
Please reply to the original newsgroup and thread.