Help Please! Can't install Windows Vista Ultimate!!!!!

=?Utf-8?B?bXptaXJpYzU=?=

Help Please! Can't install Windows Vista Ultimate!!!!!
I relay need help. I have a P4 3.2 HT proc., ASUS P4P800 Deluxe, 2 Segate
Sata HDD (one 80, sec 200), Saphire ATI Radeon X1600(512), 1GB RAM, Haupage
WinTV card! I all ready have Win XP PRO SP2 installed and i try a dual boot.
So I start my XP, run the setup.exe from Vista DVD, select clean install,
select new created partition from sec. disk. Everything is working fine,
installation is copying files, starts expanding, restarts, continues
expanding, installs features, restarts, completing installation and then the
screen went black with a blinking white dash. After that I get a blue screen
of death wich last for a second. After that setup rollback everything and I
need to start over. Help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tnx. in adv.

mzmiric5
kevin forsythe

Re: Help Please! Can't install Windows Vista Ultimate!!!!!
first thing I would do is visit Asus website and download/install the
latest Bios version for your Motherboard. (you might want to remove the TV
Tuner card from the PC

now assuming your able to boot ok now into XP.. you need to configure the
PC so that when a BSOD occurs it doesn't reboot so you can get a chance to
see what the exact stop error code is... do that by going into ... control
panel... system... advanced, startup & recovery... make sure "automatically
restart" is not selected.. change to kernal memory dump and note the
location of where the dump is going to be created.. (usually
c:\windows\system32)

attempt to reinstall the OS, at this point if it BSOD .. write down the
stop error code (stop 0x0000W2 etc) if the screen mentions a file like
cdrom.sys.. or atapi.sys etc.. note that as well.. you can then search
http://support.microsoft.com/ search the KB..

there are more stuff you can do like install MS windbg debugger on XP from
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/devtoo...nstallx86.mspx then load
the memory.dmp or user.dmp file into it .. or check the Vista install
failure log files.. but that's more advanced and you might want to talk
with MS Vista Support (for the "free" support I would tell them the problem,
what I've suggested here.. and ask them to walk you through it)

Kevin

"mzmiric5" <mzmiric5@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I relay need help. I have a P4 3.2 HT proc., ASUS P4P800 Deluxe, 2 Segate
> Sata HDD (one 80, sec 200), Saphire ATI Radeon X1600(512), 1GB RAM,
> Haupage
> WinTV card! I all ready have Win XP PRO SP2 installed and i try a dual
> boot.
> So I start my XP, run the setup.exe from Vista DVD, select clean install,
> select new created partition from sec. disk. Everything is working fine,
> installation is copying files, starts expanding, restarts, continues
> expanding, installs features, restarts, completing installation and then
> the
> screen went black with a blinking white dash. After that I get a blue
> screen
> of death wich last for a second. After that setup rollback everything and
> need to start over. Help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> Tnx. in adv.
>
> mzmiric5

Mike T

Re: Help Please! Can't install Windows Vista Ultimate!!!!!
I had the same problem. Ended up being the X1600 causing the problem. (I
actually have an x1650 pro with 512meg)

I had to go into the BIOS and change the Video Aperture setting to 256 meg
instead of the 64 meg it was set to (and this resolved the problem)

I know several others that were having the same problem and this resolved it
for them as well.

"mzmiric5" <mzmiric5@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I relay need help. I have a P4 3.2 HT proc., ASUS P4P800 Deluxe, 2 Segate
> Sata HDD (one 80, sec 200), Saphire ATI Radeon X1600(512), 1GB RAM,
> Haupage
> WinTV card! I all ready have Win XP PRO SP2 installed and i try a dual
> boot.
> So I start my XP, run the setup.exe from Vista DVD, select clean install,
> select new created partition from sec. disk. Everything is working fine,
> installation is copying files, starts expanding, restarts, continues
> expanding, installs features, restarts, completing installation and then
> the
> screen went black with a blinking white dash. After that I get a blue
> screen
> of death wich last for a second. After that setup rollback everything and
> need to start over. Help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> Tnx. in adv.
>
> mzmiric5

=?Utf-8?B?bXptaXJpYzU=?=

RE: Help Please! Can't install Windows Vista Ultimate!!!!!
Ok I checked BIOS and I already had 256 mb selected. Now I am trying the BSOD
trick with mem dump. If non of this works I'll try putting my old GF MX460.
Btw I got the "Driver stuck in an infinite loop", tried searching Google and
MS KB with no result besides this is connected with my Graphics card. Thx for
advice!
=?Utf-8?B?dmxhZA==?=

RE: Help Please! Can't install Windows Vista Ultimate!!!!!
I got the same problem!
The problem is ATI Radeon X1600 Pro(512MB) video card. U get BSOD after the
2nd reboot. I've tried different things but no success so far
Somebody said that before the 2nd restart u need to press Shift+F10 and type
c:\windows\system32\devmgmt.msc which brings up the device manager.Then u
need to disable ur graphic card and u should be fine.Honestly, I've tried
that but it didn't work,because after the 1st reboot there is no windows XP
anymore and the path directory was different( at least in my case),When I
typed in that stuff id couldn't open device managerr I don't know
why.Well,after the 2nd reboot I was managed to open it but it was too
late.....So,I have no idea what to do,but I need to figure out how to install
Vista.

"mzmiric5" wrote:

> I relay need help. I have a P4 3.2 HT proc., ASUS P4P800 Deluxe, 2 Segate
> Sata HDD (one 80, sec 200), Saphire ATI Radeon X1600(512), 1GB RAM, Haupage
> WinTV card! I all ready have Win XP PRO SP2 installed and i try a dual boot.
> So I start my XP, run the setup.exe from Vista DVD, select clean install,
> select new created partition from sec. disk. Everything is working fine,
> installation is copying files, starts expanding, restarts, continues
> expanding, installs features, restarts, completing installation and then the
> screen went black with a blinking white dash. After that I get a blue screen
> of death wich last for a second. After that setup rollback everything and I
> need to start over. Help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> Tnx. in adv.
>
> mzmiric5

=?Utf-8?B?bXptaXJpYzU=?=

RE: Help Please! Can't install Windows Vista Ultimate!!!!!
I made it. Changed GC and everything worked. After install switched back to
my X1600 and i have Vista Ultimate working perfectly(besides that I had go to
safe mode to switch from crappy Microsoft drivers to ATI's) Tnx guys, you
were very helpful!
=?Utf-8?B?bG9hZGVyb3Bw?=

RE: Help Please! Can't install Windows Vista Ultimate!!!!!
ATI Radeon X1600 Pro(512MB I have the same card vista's install went like
pouring water from a glass to a single hickup and a couple friends have the
same card and never had a problem. our cards are not over clocked !!

"vlad" wrote:

> I got the same problem!
> The problem is ATI Radeon X1600 Pro(512MB) video card. U get BSOD after the
> 2nd reboot. I've tried different things but no success so far
> Somebody said that before the 2nd restart u need to press Shift+F10 and type
> c:\windows\system32\devmgmt.msc which brings up the device manager.Then u
> need to disable ur graphic card and u should be fine.Honestly, I've tried
> that but it didn't work,because after the 1st reboot there is no windows XP
> anymore and the path directory was different( at least in my case),When I
> typed in that stuff id couldn't open device managerr I don't know
> why.Well,after the 2nd reboot I was managed to open it but it was too
> late.....So,I have no idea what to do,but I need to figure out how to install
> Vista.
>
> "mzmiric5" wrote:
>
> > I relay need help. I have a P4 3.2 HT proc., ASUS P4P800 Deluxe, 2 Segate
> > Sata HDD (one 80, sec 200), Saphire ATI Radeon X1600(512), 1GB RAM, Haupage
> > WinTV card! I all ready have Win XP PRO SP2 installed and i try a dual boot.
> > So I start my XP, run the setup.exe from Vista DVD, select clean install,
> > select new created partition from sec. disk. Everything is working fine,
> > installation is copying files, starts expanding, restarts, continues
> > expanding, installs features, restarts, completing installation and then the
> > screen went black with a blinking white dash. After that I get a blue screen
> > of death wich last for a second. After that setup rollback everything and I
> > need to start over. Help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> > Tnx. in adv.
> >
> > mzmiric5

=?Utf-8?B?dmxhZA==?=

RE: Help Please! Can't install Windows Vista Ultimate!!!!!
Well,it's good if u have another GC!But I don't have another one

"mzmiric5" wrote:

> I made it. Changed GC and everything worked. After install switched back to
> my X1600 and i have Vista Ultimate working perfectly(besides that I had go to
> safe mode to switch from crappy Microsoft drivers to ATI's) Tnx guys, you
> were very helpful!

=?Utf-8?B?dmxhZA==?=

RE: Help Please! Can't install Windows Vista Ultimate!!!!!
The problem occurs only with AGP GCs.....

"loaderopp" wrote:

> ATI Radeon X1600 Pro(512MB I have the same card vista's install went like
> pouring water from a glass to a single hickup and a couple friends have the
> same card and never had a problem. our cards are not over clocked !!
>
> "vlad" wrote:
>
> > I got the same problem!
> > The problem is ATI Radeon X1600 Pro(512MB) video card. U get BSOD after the
> > 2nd reboot. I've tried different things but no success so far
> > Somebody said that before the 2nd restart u need to press Shift+F10 and type
> > c:\windows\system32\devmgmt.msc which brings up the device manager.Then u
> > need to disable ur graphic card and u should be fine.Honestly, I've tried
> > that but it didn't work,because after the 1st reboot there is no windows XP
> > anymore and the path directory was different( at least in my case),When I
> > typed in that stuff id couldn't open device managerr I don't know
> > why.Well,after the 2nd reboot I was managed to open it but it was too
> > late.....So,I have no idea what to do,but I need to figure out how to install
> > Vista.
> >
> > "mzmiric5" wrote:
> >
> > > I relay need help. I have a P4 3.2 HT proc., ASUS P4P800 Deluxe, 2 Segate
> > > Sata HDD (one 80, sec 200), Saphire ATI Radeon X1600(512), 1GB RAM, Haupage
> > > WinTV card! I all ready have Win XP PRO SP2 installed and i try a dual boot.
> > > So I start my XP, run the setup.exe from Vista DVD, select clean install,
> > > select new created partition from sec. disk. Everything is working fine,
> > > installation is copying files, starts expanding, restarts, continues
> > > expanding, installs features, restarts, completing installation and then the
> > > screen went black with a blinking white dash. After that I get a blue screen
> > > of death wich last for a second. After that setup rollback everything and I
> > > need to start over. Help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> > > Tnx. in adv.
> > >
> > > mzmiric5

=?Utf-8?B?bXptaXJpYzU=?=

The Ultimate solution for Vista Ultimate!
Here it comes. Get a software that can customize Vista installation(i.e.
nLite(free)). Just insert the ATI's drivers in the installation. Microsoft's
drivers stuck in an infinite loop. BTW. dual boot with XP is not working
well. XP deletes a lot installed or copied in Vista.