Trashed my Nvidia Driver

=?Utf-8?B?TVNN?=

Trashed my Nvidia Driver
Recently installed Vista. Tried to get my Geforce2 MX 400 to work more like
it does in XP. In the process it looks like I erased the default XDDM drivers
(signed by microsoft). I can only install the Standard VGA driver and I find
an older Geforce2 MX driver (not signed my MS) which makes Vista crash.

How do I get the default driver back. I looked in the Vista CD to no avail.
I also uninstalled an let Vista reinstall but now it only reinstalls the
Standard VGA driver. Update Driver doesnt work either.

Any help will be appreciated.
kevin forsythe

Re: Trashed my Nvidia Driver
visit http://www.Nvidia.com and download the latest Vista driver for your
card

"MSM" <MSM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Recently installed Vista. Tried to get my Geforce2 MX 400 to work more
> like
> it does in XP. In the process it looks like I erased the default XDDM
> drivers
> (signed by microsoft). I can only install the Standard VGA driver and I
> find
> an older Geforce2 MX driver (not signed my MS) which makes Vista crash.
>
> How do I get the default driver back. I looked in the Vista CD to no
> avail.
> I also uninstalled an let Vista reinstall but now it only reinstalls the
> Standard VGA driver. Update Driver doesnt work either.
>
> Any help will be appreciated.

=?Utf-8?B?TVNN?=

Re: Trashed my Nvidia Driver
Nvidia does not (and looks like will not ever) make a vista driver for the
Geforce2. But Microsoft included one in Vista that at least gives me multiple
monitor capability. But the one on my system is now corrupt and I cant figure
out how to restore it from the Vista CD.

Does this mean I have to reinstall Vista? Will this wipe out all my files?

"kevin forsythe" wrote:

> visit http://www.Nvidia.com and download the latest Vista driver for your
> card
>
> "MSM" <MSM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Recently installed Vista. Tried to get my Geforce2 MX 400 to work more
> > like
> > it does in XP. In the process it looks like I erased the default XDDM
> > drivers
> > (signed by microsoft). I can only install the Standard VGA driver and I
> > find
> > an older Geforce2 MX driver (not signed my MS) which makes Vista crash.
> >
> > How do I get the default driver back. I looked in the Vista CD to no
> > avail.
> > I also uninstalled an let Vista reinstall but now it only reinstalls the
> > Standard VGA driver. Update Driver doesnt work either.
> >
> > Any help will be appreciated.

John Barnes

Re: Trashed my Nvidia Driver
Save your files with windows easy transfer.
You can try and inplace repair install, but I haven't seen many work, so
save everything important first.

> Nvidia does not (and looks like will not ever) make a vista driver for the
> Geforce2. But Microsoft included one in Vista that at least gives me
> multiple
> monitor capability. But the one on my system is now corrupt and I cant
> figure
> out how to restore it from the Vista CD.
>
> Does this mean I have to reinstall Vista? Will this wipe out all my files?
>

> "kevin forsythe" wrote:
>
>> visit http://www.Nvidia.com and download the latest Vista driver for
>> your
>> card
>>
>> "MSM" <MSM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Recently installed Vista. Tried to get my Geforce2 MX 400 to work more
>> > like
>> > it does in XP. In the process it looks like I erased the default XDDM
>> > drivers
>> > (signed by microsoft). I can only install the Standard VGA driver and I
>> > find
>> > an older Geforce2 MX driver (not signed my MS) which makes Vista crash.
>> >
>> > How do I get the default driver back. I looked in the Vista CD to no
>> > avail.
>> > I also uninstalled an let Vista reinstall but now it only reinstalls
>> > the
>> > Standard VGA driver. Update Driver doesnt work either.
>> >
>> > Any help will be appreciated.

Angry American

Re: Trashed my Nvidia Driver
Actually they do, they are included in the geforce drivers package, just
download and install.

Dan

MSM wrote:
> Nvidia does not (and looks like will not ever) make a vista driver
> for the Geforce2.

JW

Re: Trashed my Nvidia Driver
Which driver release(s) are the included in? I could not find them either.

"Angry American" <angry@theworld.com> wrote in message
> Actually they do, they are included in the geforce drivers package, just
> download and install.
>
> Dan
>
> MSM wrote:
>> Nvidia does not (and looks like will not ever) make a vista driver
>> for the Geforce2.

quakechick

Re: Trashed my Nvidia Driver
MSM wrote:
> Nvidia does not (and looks like will not ever) make a vista driver for the
> Geforce2. But Microsoft included one in Vista that at least gives me multiple
> monitor capability. But the one on my system is now corrupt and I cant figure
> out how to restore it from the Vista CD.
>
> Does this mean I have to reinstall Vista? Will this wipe out all my files?
>

> "kevin forsythe" wrote:
>
>> visit http://www.Nvidia.com and download the latest Vista driver for your
>> card
>>
>> "MSM" <MSM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Recently installed Vista. Tried to get my Geforce2 MX 400 to work more
>>> like
>>> it does in XP. In the process it looks like I erased the default XDDM
>>> drivers
>>> (signed by microsoft). I can only install the Standard VGA driver and I
>>> find
>>> an older Geforce2 MX driver (not signed my MS) which makes Vista crash.
>>>
>>> How do I get the default driver back. I looked in the Vista CD to no
>>> avail.
>>> I also uninstalled an let Vista reinstall but now it only reinstalls the
>>> Standard VGA driver. Update Driver doesnt work either.
>>>
>>> Any help will be appreciated.

NVidia says they are working on a driver!!! Ill believe it when i see
it. Some have dropped the ball when it comes to drivers, and i cant
help but think its intentional...

NVidia is a big product. It is in their best interest to update. They
have a class action suit that may be pending
http://www.nvidiaclassaction.org

Stay the course.. They have to update them!!!!
Frankster

Re: Trashed my Nvidia Driver

Have you tried this? Go to device manager, find your graphics card, and
chose to update driver.

-Frank