Help!!Vista Instalation Failed after my computer Restarted.

=?Utf-8?B?QWxiZXJ0?=

Help!!Vista Instalation Failed after my computer Restarted.
Hi,
Just today i purchused a copy of Windows Vista Home Premium Upgrade
Academic,I choose Custom Instalation, everything was doing well until my
computer restarted,displaying this:
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...r/DSC00807.jpg
So i restarted my computer to see if that would fix it but it didnt, i've
tried using the Windos XP disk to format my hard drive except it wouldnt even
boot from it( and i have checked that it boots from CDROM before hardrive in
the BIOS settings) its almost like its posesed or somthing because my old
computer( the one iam using now)can boot from the disk fine. I've tried going
back to Windows XP on the boot menu but that just crashes my computer. I've
tried using Norton GoBack to reverse this but it doesnt have any data
entries. So basicly I'am Stuck, anyone got any suggestions? It would be most
aprectiated.
mikeyhsd

Re: Help!!Vista Instalation Failed after my computer Restarted.
have you tried a different cd/dvd to boot from to make sure it is not your cd/dvd drive that has failed.

mikeyhsd@sport.rr.commikeyhsd@sport.rr.com

"Albert" <Albert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4EB990DC-E5FF-408F-8F4D-81FE05FAF5DB@microsoft.com...
[...]
quakechick

Albert wrote:
> Hi,
> Just today i purchused a copy of Windows Vista Home Premium Upgrade
> Academic,I choose Custom Instalation, everything was doing well until my
> computer restarted,displaying this:
> http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...r/DSC00807.jpg
> So i restarted my computer to see if that would fix it but it didnt, i've
> tried using the Windos XP disk to format my hard drive except it wouldnt even
> boot from it( and i have checked that it boots from CDROM before hardrive in
> the BIOS settings) its almost like its posesed or somthing because my old
> computer( the one iam using now)can boot from the disk fine. I've tried going
> back to Windows XP on the boot menu but that just crashes my computer. I've
> tried using Norton GoBack to reverse this but it doesnt have any data
> entries. So basicly I'am Stuck, anyone got any suggestions? It would be most
> aprectiated.

Norton Go Back is BAD! it will not allow you to make any major changes
to the system, thats why the upgrade failed. what you need is a program
called killdisk if all previous efforts to format have failed.

http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/fil...scription.html

i once had the error that my hdd had crashed and there was no way to
recover. This was a secondary HDD but i could not let it go. I used
killdisk and issue resolved. of course i lost all data, but that was
the case anyway so no harm no foul. I got my hdd back