Upgrading to Vista

=?Utf-8?B?RC1NYXN0ZXI=?=

Upgrading to Vista
Hi, in December I brought Windows XP with the free upgrade voucher, will this
voucher enable me to upgrade to Vista Home Basic for free? If so how would I
do this online?

Thanks in advance,

Alex
pvdg42

Re: Upgrading to Vista

"D-Master" <D-Master@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, in December I brought Windows XP with the free upgrade voucher, will
> this
> voucher enable me to upgrade to Vista Home Basic for free? If so how would
> do this online?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Alex

From whom did you purchase XP, and what do the voucher instructions tell you
to do to claim your Vista upgrade?
If you received no instructions, I suggest you contact the vendor who sold
you XP "with free upgrade" and ask them how to take advantage of the
voucher.
I believe it's normally an online application process followed by waiting
for the media to be mailed to you. Perhaps somebody else here who has done
it can provide details.

=?Utf-8?B?RC1NYXN0ZXI=?=

Re: Upgrading to Vista
I have followed all details in the instructions, I go to the site and it says
my redemption number is wrong, any ideas?

>I have followed all details in the instructions, I go to the site and it
>says
> my redemption number is wrong, any ideas?

I'd go back to the vendor and tell them the number is no good. They may be
aware of the problem and be able to provide assistance.
I've also seen other posts similar to yours, and the advice given was to
keep trying. You might try a few times, and if still no luck, contact the
vendor.

Rock

Re: Upgrading to Vista
"D-Master" <DMaster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote

>I have followed all details in the instructions, I go to the site and it
>says
> my redemption number is wrong, any ideas?
>
> "pvdg42" wrote:

>> "D-Master" <D-Master@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote

>> > Hi, in December I brought Windows XP with the free upgrade voucher,
>> > will
>> > this
>> > voucher enable me to upgrade to Vista Home Basic for free? If so how
>> > would
>> > do this online?
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance,
>> >
>> > Alex

>> From whom did you purchase XP, and what do the voucher instructions tell
>> you
>> to do to claim your Vista upgrade?
>> If you received no instructions, I suggest you contact the vendor who
>> sold
>> you XP "with free upgrade" and ask them how to take advantage of the
>> voucher.
>> I believe it's normally an online application process followed by waiting
>> for the media to be mailed to you. Perhaps somebody else here who has
>> done
>> it can provide details.

Contact the computer vendor.

--
Rock [MVP - User/Shell]

=?Utf-8?B?RC1NYXN0ZXI=?=

Re: Upgrading to Vista
Ok, thanks for the help

"pvdg42" wrote:

> "D-Master" <DMaster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have followed all details in the instructions, I go to the site and it
> >says
> > my redemption number is wrong, any ideas?
> >

> I'd go back to the vendor and tell them the number is no good. They may be
> aware of the problem and be able to provide assistance.
> I've also seen other posts similar to yours, and the advice given was to
> keep trying. You might try a few times, and if still no luck, contact the
> vendor.

=?Utf-8?B?RC1NYXN0ZXI=?=

Re: Upgrading to Vista
I think I know why my redemption number wasn't working, I live in the UK and
the site said US only, does anyone know if there is a UK site?