Win 2K Compaitable program wont install in VISTA

=?Utf-8?B?Q2hpcA==?=

Win 2K Compaitable program wont install in VISTA
Howdy!

I just purchased a HP with Vista and have been working at getting my
software installed. All went well for Office 2003 and Adobe 5.0. BUT when I
got to a piece of software for our companies Accounting Program Client it
starts by Preparing to install and has two progress bars that go to 100% as
usual and then it just dissappears!!! We install this software without
problems on Win 2K and XP without problems. I have tried changing the
'Compatability' of the setup.exe file and no change.

Any ideas of how to get this programin stalled on Vista???

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! And as always, THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!

Chip
Jane C

Re: Win 2K Compaitable program wont install in VISTA
You could try right-clicking on the installer exe and selecting "Run as
Administrator". Does that let the install proceed normally?

--
Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled :-)
"Chip" <Chip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Howdy!
>
> I just purchased a HP with Vista and have been working at getting my
> software installed. All went well for Office 2003 and Adobe 5.0. BUT
> when I
> got to a piece of software for our companies Accounting Program Client it
> starts by Preparing to install and has two progress bars that go to 100%
> as
> usual and then it just dissappears!!! We install this software without
> problems on Win 2K and XP without problems. I have tried changing the
> 'Compatability' of the setup.exe file and no change.
>
> Any ideas of how to get this programin stalled on Vista???
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! And as always, THANKS IN
> ADVANCE!!!!
>
> Chip

Richard Urban

Re: Win 2K Compaitable program wont install in VISTA
Contact the programs developer.

--

Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from George Ankner:

"Chip" <Chip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Howdy!
>
> I just purchased a HP with Vista and have been working at getting my
> software installed. All went well for Office 2003 and Adobe 5.0. BUT
> when I
> got to a piece of software for our companies Accounting Program Client it
> starts by Preparing to install and has two progress bars that go to 100%
> as
> usual and then it just dissappears!!! We install this software without
> problems on Win 2K and XP without problems. I have tried changing the
> 'Compatability' of the setup.exe file and no change.
>
> Any ideas of how to get this programin stalled on Vista???
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! And as always, THANKS IN
> ADVANCE!!!!
>
> Chip

Peter Foldes

Re: Win 2K Compaitable program wont install in VISTA
Chip

Just to add to Jane's and Richard's posts.

This is just a shot in the dark. You said that when you are installing this program the 2 progress bars go up to 100%.

Correct?

Have you checked\searched the hard drive where this install was deposited to. Possibility of a 3rd party program being installed as an example { files are extracted to a folder} from hence you would need to continue the install.

--
Peter

"Chip" <Chip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D32411B-0A36-42A8-80B7-F3446A959E72@microsoft.com...
> Howdy!
>
> I just purchased a HP with Vista and have been working at getting my
> software installed. All went well for Office 2003 and Adobe 5.0. BUT when I
> got to a piece of software for our companies Accounting Program Client it
> starts by Preparing to install and has two progress bars that go to 100% as
> usual and then it just dissappears!!! We install this software without
> problems on Win 2K and XP without problems. I have tried changing the
> 'Compatability' of the setup.exe file and no change.
>
> Any ideas of how to get this programin stalled on Vista???
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! And as always, THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!
>
> Chip

JW

Re: Win 2K Compaitable program wont install in VISTA
Do you know if it is a 16bit or a 32 bit program? I believe I saw a post
that said that 16Bit programs would run on Win2K and XP but will not run on
Vista.