XP and Vista on the same computer

=?Utf-8?B?VHJleSBBdHJpZWRlcw==?=

XP and Vista on the same computer
I currently have XP and Vista Ultimate on the same computer. Upon startup, I
should be able to choose which OS I'd like to use. One of the problems is, I
can't use the keyboard to choose. I've tried plugging in a second keyboard,
but this doesn't solve the problem. By default, Vista is the starting OS.
Another problem I'm having is, I'm unable to access any of my files that are
accessable through XP. I know I can individually change the administrative
rights to each file, but this is extremely tedious. Are there any
suggestions?

=?Utf-8?B?dHVyYm90b2Vz?=

RE: XP and Vista on the same computer
If you are using a usb keyboard, you may need to change a setting in the bios
to enable the keyboard before your os kicks in. can't help with the files
though. I'm using xp and vista in dual boot but have no probs what so ever
accessing files on either system.

turbotoes

"Trey Atriedes" wrote:

> I currently have XP and Vista Ultimate on the same computer. Upon startup, I
> should be able to choose which OS I'd like to use. One of the problems is, I
> can't use the keyboard to choose. I've tried plugging in a second keyboard,
> but this doesn't solve the problem. By default, Vista is the starting OS.
> Another problem I'm having is, I'm unable to access any of my files that are
> accessable through XP. I know I can individually change the administrative
> rights to each file, but this is extremely tedious. Are there any
> suggestions?

Donald McDaniel

"Trey Atriedes" <TreyAtriedes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I currently have XP and Vista Ultimate on the same computer. Upon startup,
> should be able to choose which OS I'd like to use. One of the problems
> is, I
> can't use the keyboard to choose. I've tried plugging in a second
> keyboard,
> but this doesn't solve the problem. By default, Vista is the starting OS.
> Another problem I'm having is, I'm unable to access any of my files that
> are
> accessable through XP. I know I can individually change the
> administrative
> rights to each file, but this is extremely tedious. Are there any
> suggestions?

Microsoft's recommended order of installing 2 or more MS operating systems:
1) Oldest version FIRST (C.
2) Then add the newer one.

--

Donald L McDaniel
Please reply to the original newsgroup and thread.

=?Utf-8?B?VHJleSBBdHJpZWRlcw==?=

RE: XP and Vista on the same computer
Yes, I am using a USB keyboard, but I'm not too savvy on the bios part. Any
help?

"turbotoes" wrote:

> If you are using a usb keyboard, you may need to change a setting in the bios
> to enable the keyboard before your os kicks in. can't help with the files
> though. I'm using xp and vista in dual boot but have no probs what so ever
> accessing files on either system.
>
> turbotoes
>

> "Trey Atriedes" wrote:
>
> > I currently have XP and Vista Ultimate on the same computer. Upon startup, I
> > should be able to choose which OS I'd like to use. One of the problems is, I
> > can't use the keyboard to choose. I've tried plugging in a second keyboard,
> > but this doesn't solve the problem. By default, Vista is the starting OS.
> > Another problem I'm having is, I'm unable to access any of my files that are
> > accessable through XP. I know I can individually change the administrative
> > rights to each file, but this is extremely tedious. Are there any
> > suggestions?

neter

Re: XP and Vista on the same computer
I also have the same problem, I can't select OS to load, can't Enter BIOS,
because
keyboard is disable when startup, any help?

"Donald McDaniel" wrote:

> "Trey Atriedes" <TreyAtriedes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I currently have XP and Vista Ultimate on the same computer. Upon startup,
> > should be able to choose which OS I'd like to use. One of the problems
> > is, I
> > can't use the keyboard to choose. I've tried plugging in a second
> > keyboard,
> > but this doesn't solve the problem. By default, Vista is the starting OS.
> > Another problem I'm having is, I'm unable to access any of my files that
> > are
> > accessable through XP. I know I can individually change the
> > administrative
> > rights to each file, but this is extremely tedious. Are there any
> > suggestions?
> >

> Microsoft's recommended order of installing 2 or more MS operating systems:
> 1) Oldest version FIRST (C.
> 2) Then add the newer one.
>

> --
>
> Donald L McDaniel
> Please reply to the original newsgroup and thread.

Generator

Re: XP and Vista on the same computer

yeah i think its in your bios..usb keyboard support is disabled..try to
get a usb/ps2 adaptor or anyone you no has a ps2 keyboard just to get
onto your bios to enable.

--
Generator
neter

Re: XP and Vista on the same computer
But my keyboard is PS/2 keyboard, not USB keyboard. I try to use a USB
keyboard,
It also doesn't work.

Thank you.