Formatting/reinstalling Vista with Ultimate "Upgrade" Question . .

=?Utf-8?B?WmVyb19MdXg=?=

Formatting/reinstalling Vista with Ultimate "Upgrade" Question . .
I currently have Vista Business. I want to upgrade to Vista Ultimate for 150
dollars using the Windows Anytime upgrade. Let's say I do that and upgrade
to Vista Ultimate smoothly.

Now lets say I want to format my hard drive and reinstall Vista in a few
months . . .

Am I going to have to install Vista Business first and then go through the
upgrade process again somehow using the Ultimate Upgrade disc and serial
number to upgrade to Ultimate again?

Does anyone know how this would work?
Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: Formatting/reinstalling Vista with Ultimate "Upgrade" Question . .
Correct. You'll have to install Vista Business and
then upgrade to Vista Ultimate.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Zero_Lux" wrote:

I currently have Vista Business. I want to upgrade to Vista Ultimate for 150
dollars using the Windows Anytime upgrade. Let's say I do that and upgrade
to Vista Ultimate smoothly.

Now lets say I want to format my hard drive and reinstall Vista in a few
months . . .

Am I going to have to install Vista Business first and then go through the
upgrade process again somehow using the Ultimate Upgrade disc and serial
number to upgrade to Ultimate again?

Does anyone know how this would work?
=?Utf-8?B?WmVyb19MdXg=?=

Re: Formatting/reinstalling Vista with Ultimate "Upgrade" Question
So lets say hypothetically that I just formatted have a serial number and an
upgrade disc in my hands and I want to upgrade to Ultimate from Vista
Business.

If I were to click on the Windows Anytime Upgrade option in the Control
Panel, it links me to a webpage where I can select a retailer and buy
Ultimate, but doesn't give me an option to use my current Ultimate Upgrade
disc and serial number.

So I guess my question is, assuming I've already installed the Vista
Ultimate upgrade on my computer once, how exactly would I go about
installing Vista Ultimate over my Business edition after I have reformatted a
few months down the road.

Do I just pop the disc in and it will guide me through everything or what?

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> Correct. You'll have to install Vista Business and
> then upgrade to Vista Ultimate.
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows - Shell/User

> "Zero_Lux" wrote:
>
> I currently have Vista Business. I want to upgrade to Vista Ultimate for 150
> dollars using the Windows Anytime upgrade. Let's say I do that and upgrade
> to Vista Ultimate smoothly.
>
> Now lets say I want to format my hard drive and reinstall Vista in a few
> months . . .
>
> Am I going to have to install Vista Business first and then go through the
> upgrade process again somehow using the Ultimate Upgrade disc and serial
> number to upgrade to Ultimate again?
>
> Does anyone know how this would work?

John Barnett MVP

Re: Formatting/reinstalling Vista with Ultimate "Upgrade" Question . .
Yes, you will have to install Vista Business first and then upgrade with
Ultimate

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert

Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

mail/post..

"Zero_Lux" <Zero_Lux@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I currently have Vista Business. I want to upgrade to Vista Ultimate for
>150
> dollars using the Windows Anytime upgrade. Let's say I do that and
> upgrade
> to Vista Ultimate smoothly.
>
> Now lets say I want to format my hard drive and reinstall Vista in a few
> months . . .
>
> Am I going to have to install Vista Business first and then go through the
> upgrade process again somehow using the Ultimate Upgrade disc and serial
> number to upgrade to Ultimate again?
>
> Does anyone know how this would work?

BobS

Re: Formatting/reinstalling Vista with Ultimate "Upgrade" Question
The MVP's are giving great advice but there is also some room here to get
another view about this issue. This will take you to the first part but be
sure to look at the follow-on article here and elsewhere that make the
"legal arguments" so you can make an informed decision. I'll leave it for
you to decide...

http://windowssecrets.com/paid/070201/

Bob S.

"Zero_Lux" <ZeroLux@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsFCABC65-6DB7-4BA5-8927-63231B1B153F@microsoft.com...
> So lets say hypothetically that I just formatted have a serial number and
> an
> upgrade disc in my hands and I want to upgrade to Ultimate from Vista
> Business.
>
> If I were to click on the Windows Anytime Upgrade option in the Control
> Panel, it links me to a webpage where I can select a retailer and buy
> Ultimate, but doesn't give me an option to use my current Ultimate Upgrade
> disc and serial number.
>
> So I guess my question is, assuming I've already installed the Vista
> Ultimate upgrade on my computer once, how exactly would I go about
> installing Vista Ultimate over my Business edition after I have
> reformatted a
> few months down the road.
>
> Do I just pop the disc in and it will guide me through everything or what?
>
> "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Correct. You'll have to install Vista Business and
>> then upgrade to Vista Ultimate.
>>
>> --
>> Carey Frisch
>> Microsoft MVP
>> Windows - Shell/User

>> "Zero_Lux" wrote:
>>
>> I currently have Vista Business. I want to upgrade to Vista Ultimate for
>> 150
>> dollars using the Windows Anytime upgrade. Let's say I do that and
>> upgrade
>> to Vista Ultimate smoothly.
>>
>> Now lets say I want to format my hard drive and reinstall Vista in a few
>> months . . .
>>
>> Am I going to have to install Vista Business first and then go through
>> the
>> upgrade process again somehow using the Ultimate Upgrade disc and serial
>> number to upgrade to Ultimate again?
>>
>> Does anyone know how this would work?

AJR

Re: Formatting/reinstalling Vista with Ultimate "Upgrade" Question
From Business to Ultimate is an upgrade and requires a new product key via
either new purchase of DVD or using the "anytime upgrade" via the net and
purchase the new key.

Check at www.windowsanytimeupgrade.com

"BobS" <no-spam@noplace.com> wrote in message
> The MVP's are giving great advice but there is also some room here to get
> another view about this issue. This will take you to the first part but
> be sure to look at the follow-on article here and elsewhere that make the
> "legal arguments" so you can make an informed decision. I'll leave it for
> you to decide...
>
> http://windowssecrets.com/paid/070201/
>

> Bob S.
>

> "Zero_Lux" <ZeroLux@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> newsFCABC65-6DB7-4BA5-8927-63231B1B153F@microsoft.com...
>> So lets say hypothetically that I just formatted have a serial number and
>> an
>> upgrade disc in my hands and I want to upgrade to Ultimate from Vista
>> Business.
>>
>> If I were to click on the Windows Anytime Upgrade option in the Control
>> Panel, it links me to a webpage where I can select a retailer and buy
>> Ultimate, but doesn't give me an option to use my current Ultimate
>> Upgrade
>> disc and serial number.
>>
>> So I guess my question is, assuming I've already installed the Vista
>> Ultimate upgrade on my computer once, how exactly would I go about
>> installing Vista Ultimate over my Business edition after I have
>> reformatted a
>> few months down the road.
>>
>> Do I just pop the disc in and it will guide me through everything or
>> what?
>>
>> "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:
>>
>>> Correct. You'll have to install Vista Business and
>>> then upgrade to Vista Ultimate.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Carey Frisch
>>> Microsoft MVP
>>> Windows - Shell/User

>>> "Zero_Lux" wrote:
>>>
>>> I currently have Vista Business. I want to upgrade to Vista Ultimate
>>> for 150
>>> dollars using the Windows Anytime upgrade. Let's say I do that and
>>> upgrade
>>> to Vista Ultimate smoothly.
>>>
>>> Now lets say I want to format my hard drive and reinstall Vista in a few
>>> months . . .
>>>
>>> Am I going to have to install Vista Business first and then go through
>>> the
>>> upgrade process again somehow using the Ultimate Upgrade disc and serial
>>> number to upgrade to Ultimate again?
>>>
>>> Does anyone know how this would work?

=?Utf-8?B?WmVyb19MdXg=?=

Re: Formatting/reinstalling Vista with Ultimate "Upgrade" Question
Hey Bob,

I can't access that article. Is there another way you can get me the
information or post the "jist" of it?

"BobS" wrote:

> The MVP's are giving great advice but there is also some room here to get
> another view about this issue. This will take you to the first part but be
> sure to look at the follow-on article here and elsewhere that make the
> "legal arguments" so you can make an informed decision. I'll leave it for
> you to decide...
>
> http://windowssecrets.com/paid/070201/
>

> Bob S.

Rock

Re: Formatting/reinstalling Vista with Ultimate "Upgrade" Question
"Zero_Lux" <ZeroLux@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote

> Hey Bob,
>
> I can't access that article. Is there another way you can get me the
> information or post the "jist" of it?
>
> "BobS" wrote:
>
>> The MVP's are giving great advice but there is also some room here to get
>> another view about this issue. This will take you to the first part but
>> be
>> sure to look at the follow-on article here and elsewhere that make the
>> "legal arguments" so you can make an informed decision. I'll leave it
>> for
>> you to decide...
>>
>> http://windowssecrets.com/paid/070201/

This is similar.

Rock [MVP - User/Shell]

BobS

Re: Formatting/reinstalling Vista with Ultimate "Upgrade" Question
Thanks Rock. The url I posted was for my subscription access - dumb......

Bob S.

"Rock" <rock@nospam.net> wrote in message
> "Zero_Lux" <ZeroLux@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
>
>> Hey Bob,
>>
>> I can't access that article. Is there another way you can get me the
>> information or post the "jist" of it?
>>
>> "BobS" wrote:
>>
>>> The MVP's are giving great advice but there is also some room here to
>>> get
>>> another view about this issue. This will take you to the first part but
>>> be
>>> sure to look at the follow-on article here and elsewhere that make the
>>> "legal arguments" so you can make an informed decision. I'll leave it
>>> for
>>> you to decide...
>>>
>>> http://windowssecrets.com/paid/070201/

> This is similar.
> http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=5932
>

> --
> Rock [MVP - User/Shell]

Rock

Re: Formatting/reinstalling Vista with Ultimate "Upgrade" Question
You're welcome.

"BobS" <no-spam@noplace.com> wrote

> Thanks Rock. The url I posted was for my subscription access -
> dumb......
>
> Bob S.
>

> "Rock" <rock@nospam.net> wrote

>> "Zero_Lux" <ZeroLux@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
>>
>>> Hey Bob,
>>>
>>> I can't access that article. Is there another way you can get me the
>>> information or post the "jist" of it?

>> This is similar.
>> http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=5932

--