Programs Lost Settings at Reboot

chazdg25@yahoo.com

Programs Lost Settings at Reboot
Is there anyway to get certain programs from not losing the settings I
configured when my computer reboots? Programs like Winamp lose all
settings. There are a few others as well. I can't run the program as
administrator as the box is grayed out. I am kind of lost and was
hoping there was a fix for this. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Ted Landry

Re: Programs Lost Settings at Reboot
chazdg25@yahoo.com wrote:

> Is there anyway to get certain programs from not losing the settings I
> configured when my computer reboots? Programs like Winamp lose all
> settings. There are a few others as well. I can't run the program as
> administrator as the box is grayed out. I am kind of lost and was
> hoping there was a fix for this. Any ideas would be appreciated.

here's probably your best idea. Get a Macintosh running OSX. Those
elementary errors that Microsoft has made so many of... simply don't
appear with the highly regarded OSX operating system.

bottom-line, you are using a poorly built operating system, move to OSX
and you'll never look back.

http://www.apple.com/macosx/leopard/index.html
chazdg25@yahoo.com

Re: Programs Lost Settings at Reboot
Um, well when I can purchase a copy of Mac OS X and install it on my
pc, I will do just that. Until then Apple can bite me. Why bother
posting that?

Anybody have any useful suggestions?

On Feb 9, 12:00 pm, Ted Landry <x...@com.mil> wrote:
> chazd...@yahoo.com wrote:
> > Is there anyway to get certain programs from not losing the settings I
> > configured when my computer reboots? Programs like Winamp lose all
> > settings. There are a few others as well. I can't run the program as
> > administrator as the box is grayed out. I am kind of lost and was
> > hoping there was a fix for this. Any ideas would be appreciated.

> here's probably your best idea. Get a Macintosh running OSX. Those
> elementary errors that Microsoft has made so many of... simply don't
> appear with the highly regarded OSX operating system.
>
> bottom-line, you are using a poorly built operating system, move to OSX
> and you'll never look back.
>
> http://www.apple.com/macosx/leopard/index.html

Dale White

Re: Programs Lost Settings at Reboot

Are you just that bored that you like to post, "Go to Apple" comments ? It
might have been funny the first hundred times. It's pretty worn out now. I
understand you're just a troll looking for attention, but really what's the
point ? No one is going to switch to MAC OSX cause you said so.

Guess that's the problems with an un-moderated newsgroup, people like you
get to post all day and add to the frustration of others. I guess when you
have an inferior product like MAC OSX, you have to make yourself feel better
about having to use it, by sitting in a tech forum for PCs and add useless
comments.

Oh crap, I just feed the troll

"Ted Landry" <xyys@com.mil> wrote in message
> chazdg25@yahoo.com wrote:
>
>> Is there anyway to get certain programs from not losing the settings I
>> configured when my computer reboots? Programs like Winamp lose all
>> settings. There are a few others as well. I can't run the program as
>> administrator as the box is grayed out. I am kind of lost and was
>> hoping there was a fix for this. Any ideas would be appreciated.

> here's probably your best idea. Get a Macintosh running OSX. Those
> elementary errors that Microsoft has made so many of... simply don't
> appear with the highly regarded OSX operating system.
>
> bottom-line, you are using a poorly built operating system, move to OSX
> and you'll never look back.
>
> http://www.apple.com/macosx/leopard/index.html

Adam Albright

On 9 Feb 2007 10:26:05 -0800, chazdg25@yahoo.com wrote:

>Um, well when I can purchase a copy of Mac OS X and install it on my
>pc, I will do just that. Until then Apple can bite me. Why bother
>posting that?
>
>Anybody have any useful suggestions?

I can't help you with your specific issues but it seems Vista has
trouble initalizing even Vista ready software! I downloaded a update
that Grisoft claims is Vista ready for their popular free antivirus
software AVGfree. Windows keeps throwing up a error message claiming
it can't properly initalize it, yet you can run it.

chazdg25@yahoo.com wrote:

> Um, well when I can purchase a copy of Mac OS X and install it on my
> pc, I will do just that. Until then Apple can bite me. Why bother
> posting that?

Windows PC's really aren't sophisticated enough to run OSX. Apple likes
quality and so do their customers, so the PC clone world really isn't up
to speed to compete against Macs and OSX at this point.

Sure, it may change, but people that are really wanting a great
computer, don't consider ones running Windows in the first place, so
there is no rush to move OSX to the low end of the market.
Rock

Re: Programs Lost Settings at Reboot
"Ted Landry" <xyys@com.mil> wrote

>> Um, well when I can purchase a copy of Mac OS X and install it on my
>> pc, I will do just that. Until then Apple can bite me. Why bother
>> posting that?

> Windows PC's really aren't sophisticated enough to run OSX. Apple likes
> quality and so do their customers, so the PC clone world really isn't up
> to speed to compete against Macs and OSX at this point.
>
> Sure, it may change, but people that are really wanting a great
> computer, don't consider ones running Windows in the first place, so
> there is no rush to move OSX to the low end of the market.

Another ignorant Mac troll. Pathetic really.

--
Rock [MVP - User/Shell]
Dale White

Re: Programs Lost Settings at Reboot
Ha ! You're running an Intel system, but somehow the people who have been
running the Intels for years aren't Sophiscated enough to run MAC OSX. And
it couldn't possibly be that the MAC OSX refuses to run on an Intel clone ?
Oh wait, that means the OSX would have to support the thousands of hardware
components that windows does. Then people wouldn't have a need to buy
Apple's hardware. Hmmmmm, Yeah I can see why "We are not sophiscated enough"
to lock ourselves into 1 vendors hardware. That's rich !