Vista clone will not boot.

=?Utf-8?B?R0VORQ==?=

Vista clone will not boot.
Has anyone been able to boot from a cloned Window Vista boot disk?
What software did you use to clone the Winwos Vista disk?

Acronis True Image version 10 won't produce a bootable Vista clone.
it errors with WINLOAD.EXE is missing or corrupt.
--
GENE
=?Utf-8?B?bG9hZGVyb3Bw?=

RE: Vista clone will not boot.
Well i just finished cloning disk with same software. after clonning and
first boot ( insert your os cd ( select ) repair and reboot Works just fine.

"GENE" wrote:

> Has anyone been able to boot from a cloned Window Vista boot disk?
> What software did you use to clone the Winwos Vista disk?
>
> Acronis True Image version 10 won't produce a bootable Vista clone.
> it errors with WINLOAD.EXE is missing or corrupt.
> --
> GENE

Anna

Re: Vista clone will not boot.

"loaderopp" <loaderopp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Well i just finished cloning disk with same software. after clonning and
> first boot ( insert your os cd ( select ) repair and reboot Works just
> fine.

loaderopp:
Are you saying that after you performed a disk-to-disk cloning operation
with ATI 10 it was necessary to run a Repair install of the OS before you
could get the clone to boot? The clone wouldn't boot immediately after the
disk cloning operation?
Anna

=?Utf-8?B?bG9hZGVyb3Bw?=

Re: Vista clone will not boot.
Yes for some reason it did not boot ( put my vista disk in ther cd ) booted
to it selected repair. took a couple seconds (rebooted ) and the way it went.
not sure why maybe anti copy protection with vista but i am running my cloned
disk without a hitch.

I cloned the drive because i bought a new hard drive with a larger cache and
faster speed, 7200 instead of 5400.

first time i used a clone software. worked very well

"Anna" wrote:

> > "GENE" wrote:
> >
> >> Has anyone been able to boot from a cloned Window Vista boot disk?
> >> What software did you use to clone the Winwos Vista disk?
> >>
> >> Acronis True Image version 10 won't produce a bootable Vista clone.
> >> it errors with WINLOAD.EXE is missing or corrupt.
> >> --
> >> GENE

> "loaderopp" <loaderopp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Well i just finished cloning disk with same software. after clonning and
> > first boot ( insert your os cd ( select ) repair and reboot Works just
> > fine.

> loaderopp:
> Are you saying that after you performed a disk-to-disk cloning operation
> with ATI 10 it was necessary to run a Repair install of the OS before you
> could get the clone to boot? The clone wouldn't boot immediately after the
> disk cloning operation?
> Anna

AJR

Re: Vista clone will not boot.
Anna - Acronis will produce a "bootable" disk.
Is the Vista installation you are cloning part of a dual boot setup or on
another partition other than C?
In both instances above Vista installs winload.exe on drive 0 (C) - it will
not be included with the clone.

> Yes for some reason it did not boot ( put my vista disk in ther cd )
> booted
> to it selected repair. took a couple seconds (rebooted ) and the way it
> went.
> not sure why maybe anti copy protection with vista but i am running my
> cloned
> disk without a hitch.
>
> I cloned the drive because i bought a new hard drive with a larger cache
> and
> faster speed, 7200 instead of 5400.
>
> first time i used a clone software. worked very well

>> "loaderopp" <loaderopp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Well i just finished cloning disk with same software. after clonning
>> > and
>> > first boot ( insert your os cd ( select ) repair and reboot Works
>> > just
>> > fine.

>> loaderopp:
>> Are you saying that after you performed a disk-to-disk cloning operation
>> with ATI 10 it was necessary to run a Repair install of the OS before you
>> could get the clone to boot? The clone wouldn't boot immediately after
>> the
>> disk cloning operation?
>> Anna

=?Utf-8?B?R0VORQ==?=

Re: Vista clone will not boot.
DO YOU HAVE TO LOAD THE CD EVERY TIME YOU WANT TO BOOT THE CLONED VISTA DISK?
--
GENE

"loaderopp" wrote:

> Yes for some reason it did not boot ( put my vista disk in ther cd ) booted
> to it selected repair. took a couple seconds (rebooted ) and the way it went.
> not sure why maybe anti copy protection with vista but i am running my cloned
> disk without a hitch.
>
> I cloned the drive because i bought a new hard drive with a larger cache and
> faster speed, 7200 instead of 5400.
>
> first time i used a clone software. worked very well

> > "loaderopp" <loaderopp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Well i just finished cloning disk with same software. after clonning and
> > > first boot ( insert your os cd ( select ) repair and reboot Works just
> > > fine.

> > loaderopp:
> > Are you saying that after you performed a disk-to-disk cloning operation
> > with ATI 10 it was necessary to run a Repair install of the OS before you
> > could get the clone to boot? The clone wouldn't boot immediately after the
> > disk cloning operation?
> > Anna

=?Utf-8?B?bG9hZGVyb3Bw?=

Re: Vista clone will not boot.
NO just the first boot after cloning the drive!

"GENE" wrote:

> DO YOU HAVE TO LOAD THE CD EVERY TIME YOU WANT TO BOOT THE CLONED VISTA DISK?
> --
> GENE
>

> "loaderopp" wrote:
>
> > Yes for some reason it did not boot ( put my vista disk in ther cd ) booted
> > to it selected repair. took a couple seconds (rebooted ) and the way it went.
> > not sure why maybe anti copy protection with vista but i am running my cloned
> > disk without a hitch.
> >
> > I cloned the drive because i bought a new hard drive with a larger cache and
> > faster speed, 7200 instead of 5400.
> >
> > first time i used a clone software. worked very well

> > > "loaderopp" <loaderopp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >

> > > loaderopp:
> > > Are you saying that after you performed a disk-to-disk cloning operation
> > > with ATI 10 it was necessary to run a Repair install of the OS before you
> > > could get the clone to boot? The clone wouldn't boot immediately after the
> > > disk cloning operation?
> > > Anna

=?Utf-8?B?R0VORQ==?=

Re: Vista clone will not boot.
ACRONIS TRUEIMAGE 10 WON'T PRODUCE A WINDOWS VISTA SYSTEM BOOT CLONE ON MY
SYSTEM. I JUST RETURN THE PRODUCT FOR A REFUND.
IT COULD BE RELATED TO THE 4 300GB S-ATA DISKS I AM RUNNING WITH.
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.
--
GENE

"loaderopp" wrote:

> NO just the first boot after cloning the drive!
>
> "GENE" wrote:
>
> > DO YOU HAVE TO LOAD THE CD EVERY TIME YOU WANT TO BOOT THE CLONED VISTA DISK?
> > --
> > GENE
> >

> > "loaderopp" wrote:
> >
> > > Yes for some reason it did not boot ( put my vista disk in ther cd ) booted
> > > to it selected repair. took a couple seconds (rebooted ) and the way it went.
> > > not sure why maybe anti copy protection with vista but i am running my cloned
> > > disk without a hitch.
> > >
> > > I cloned the drive because i bought a new hard drive with a larger cache and
> > > faster speed, 7200 instead of 5400.
> > >
> > > first time i used a clone software. worked very well

=?Utf-8?B?bG9hZGVyb3Bw?=

Re: Vista clone will not boot.
To bad your have a hard time.. i hope you find something that will work for
you.