Corrupt MSDN CD-R ISO Files for Vista?

=?Utf-8?B?RVRTQVhNQU4=?=

Corrupt MSDN CD-R ISO Files for Vista?
When installing Vista from MSDN download images, I am encountering problems.
The first disk installs correctly and copies 15% of the files before it
prompts for the 2nd CD. When putting the 2nd CD in, it does not expand and
instead jumps to 100% and puts out error code 0x80070570 "Windows cannot copy
files required for installation. The files may be corrupt or missing...."

I have downloaded this disk file 3 times from MSDN using two different
computers. I have burned using two different burners as well as a variety of
CD-R media: I've tried fujifilm, then imation, then verbatim. I am using
Nero version 7.5.7.0. and I am selecting Burn Image from the Nero Burning ROM
Recording menu and selecting the iso from there. I have even tried burning
at a slower burn speed than default. The error remains. Is the image that
you have placed on the site corrupt? If not what else could cause this issue?
JimR

Re: Corrupt MSDN CD-R ISO Files for Vista?
"ETSAXMAN" <ETSAXMAN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When installing Vista from MSDN download images, I am encountering
> problems.
> The first disk installs correctly and copies 15% of the files before it
> prompts for the 2nd CD. When putting the 2nd CD in, it does not expand
> and
> instead jumps to 100% and puts out error code 0x80070570 "Windows cannot
> copy
> files required for installation. The files may be corrupt or missing...."
>
> I have downloaded this disk file 3 times from MSDN using two different
> computers. I have burned using two different burners as well as a variety
> of
> CD-R media: I've tried fujifilm, then imation, then verbatim. I am using
> Nero version 7.5.7.0. and I am selecting Burn Image from the Nero Burning
> ROM
> Recording menu and selecting the iso from there. I have even tried
> burning
> at a slower burn speed than default. The error remains. Is the image
> that
> you have placed on the site corrupt? If not what else could cause this
> issue?

Try installing Vista from your hard drive -
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928902/

--
Jim

=?Utf-8?B?RVRTQVhNQU4=?=

Re: Corrupt MSDN CD-R ISO Files for Vista?
Thanks,

But how do I get this to work on a new install. I have already formatted
and wiped out my previous OS. I do have an extra hard drive that I could
plug up to another computer and copy the files for Vista, however, how do I
boot and access those files, cause I can get the installation to go throught
the first disk, but not the 2nd.

"JimR" wrote:

> "ETSAXMAN" <ETSAXMAN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When installing Vista from MSDN download images, I am encountering
> > problems.
> > The first disk installs correctly and copies 15% of the files before it
> > prompts for the 2nd CD. When putting the 2nd CD in, it does not expand
> > and
> > instead jumps to 100% and puts out error code 0x80070570 "Windows cannot
> > copy
> > files required for installation. The files may be corrupt or missing...."
> >
> > I have downloaded this disk file 3 times from MSDN using two different
> > computers. I have burned using two different burners as well as a variety
> > of
> > CD-R media: I've tried fujifilm, then imation, then verbatim. I am using
> > Nero version 7.5.7.0. and I am selecting Burn Image from the Nero Burning
> > ROM
> > Recording menu and selecting the iso from there. I have even tried
> > burning
> > at a slower burn speed than default. The error remains. Is the image
> > that
> > you have placed on the site corrupt? If not what else could cause this
> > issue?

> Try installing Vista from your hard drive -
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928902/
>
> --
> Jim

=?Utf-8?B?QnJpYW4=?=

Re: Corrupt MSDN CD-R ISO Files for Vista?
I suspect that this issue is with Nero (I have been having this same
problem). Try using the free program ImgBurn (www.imgburn.com) to make the
installation media from the image file.

Brian

"ETSAXMAN" wrote:

> Thanks,
>
> But how do I get this to work on a new install. I have already formatted
> and wiped out my previous OS. I do have an extra hard drive that I could
> plug up to another computer and copy the files for Vista, however, how do I
> boot and access those files, cause I can get the installation to go throught
> the first disk, but not the 2nd.
>
> "JimR" wrote:
>
> > "ETSAXMAN" <ETSAXMAN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > When installing Vista from MSDN download images, I am encountering
> > > problems.
> > > The first disk installs correctly and copies 15% of the files before it
> > > prompts for the 2nd CD. When putting the 2nd CD in, it does not expand
> > > and
> > > instead jumps to 100% and puts out error code 0x80070570 "Windows cannot
> > > copy
> > > files required for installation. The files may be corrupt or missing...."
> > >
> > > I have downloaded this disk file 3 times from MSDN using two different
> > > computers. I have burned using two different burners as well as a variety
> > > of
> > > CD-R media: I've tried fujifilm, then imation, then verbatim. I am using
> > > Nero version 7.5.7.0. and I am selecting Burn Image from the Nero Burning
> > > ROM
> > > Recording menu and selecting the iso from there. I have even tried
> > > burning
> > > at a slower burn speed than default. The error remains. Is the image
> > > that
> > > you have placed on the site corrupt? If not what else could cause this
> > > issue?

> > Try installing Vista from your hard drive -
> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928902/
> >
> > --
> > Jim

Joe Morris

Re: Corrupt MSDN CD-R ISO Files for Vista?
It's not a Nero problem; it's more likely related to the way that Microsoft
built the file structure on the disk, and the apparently weak error recovery
procedures in the installation program.

I had the problem with donloaded MSDN *and* VLA images (burned with Roxio)
but they routinely failed at about 15%. The workaround was to reburn the
image (in my case, using the same Roxio program) but write the new disk at
only 1X speed. Voila -- Vista installs with no problems.

I've not had the spare cycles to try to figure out just what's going wrong
on the higher-speed burns, but I think the ERP issue is a likely suspect.

Joe Morris