Can't install - PLEASE help!

=?Utf-8?B?SGVsbHNDaGlja2Vu?=

Can't install - PLEASE help!
When I try to do an upgrade from XP Tablet, I get:
"Windows could not configure one or more system components. To install
Windows, restart the computer and then restart the installation"
during the "completing upgrade" phase.

I saw 2 other posts about people having this issue, and finding in the
setuperr file that the problem was IIS. There's no mention of IIS in mine,
though it does mention IaSservice. Apparently this doesn't exist in XP so
there's nothing for me to uninstall first.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Sarah Moyer

Re: Can't install - PLEASE help!
HellsChicken <HellsChicken@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> When I try to do an upgrade from XP Tablet, I get:
> "Windows could not configure one or more system components. To install
> Windows, restart the computer and then restart the installation"
> during the "completing upgrade" phase.
>
> I saw 2 other posts about people having this issue, and finding in the
> setuperr file that the problem was IIS. There's no mention of IIS in mine,
> though it does mention IaSservice. Apparently this doesn't exist in XP so
> there's nothing for me to uninstall first.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated!

for the nth time! get a Macintosh and put yourself out of your own
misery.

Windows is NOT the OS to use in this day and age. It died about 4 years
ago. Please, do yourself a favor and get a Mac running OSX.

IT'S MUCH BETTER!
mikeyhsd

Re: Can't install - PLEASE help!
such irresponsible attitude and advise could subject you to being sued.
if you do not like microsoft products, then why are you posting in a microsoft support news group.

mikeyhsd@sport.rr.com

"Sarah Moyer" <support@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45cb885d$0$702$815e3792@news.qwest.net...
HellsChicken <HellsChicken@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> When I try to do an upgrade from XP Tablet, I get:
> "Windows could not configure one or more system components. To install
> Windows, restart the computer and then restart the installation"
> during the "completing upgrade" phase.
>
> I saw 2 other posts about people having this issue, and finding in the
> setuperr file that the problem was IIS. There's no mention of IIS in mine,
> though it does mention IaSservice. Apparently this doesn't exist in XP so
> there's nothing for me to uninstall first.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated!

for the nth time! get a Macintosh and put yourself out of your own
misery.

Windows is NOT the OS to use in this day and age. It died about 4 years
ago. Please, do yourself a favor and get a Mac running OSX.

IT'S MUCH BETTER!
=?Utf-8?B?Sm9uYXRoYW4gU2Nod2FydHogMg==?=

Re: Can't install - PLEASE help!
Hello Sarah,

Will you share with the many users of Windows Vista why so many Macintosh
owners are installing Retail Windows Vista and Microsoft Office 2007 in their
Macintosh machines ?

Could the reason simply be that Windows Vista is far superior to the
Macintosh OS ?

Perhaps the true reason, some folks just fall into those myth and rumor traps.

A timeless adage: Some people will believe deception faster than fact filled
truth, where is your posture ?
--
Windows Vista
Become Part of The Legacy!

"Sarah Moyer" wrote:

> HellsChicken <HellsChicken@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > When I try to do an upgrade from XP Tablet, I get:
> > "Windows could not configure one or more system components. To install
> > Windows, restart the computer and then restart the installation"
> > during the "completing upgrade" phase.
> >
> > I saw 2 other posts about people having this issue, and finding in the
> > setuperr file that the problem was IIS. There's no mention of IIS in mine,
> > though it does mention IaSservice. Apparently this doesn't exist in XP so
> > there's nothing for me to uninstall first.
> >
> > Any help would be greatly appreciated!

> for the nth time! get a Macintosh and put yourself out of your own
> misery.
>
> Windows is NOT the OS to use in this day and age. It died about 4 years
> ago. Please, do yourself a favor and get a Mac running OSX.
>
> IT'S MUCH BETTER!

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9uYXRoYW4gU2Nod2FydHogMg==?=

RE: Can't install - PLEASE help!
Hi,

There are many relevant issues that you have not shared regarding your
effort installing Vista making it impossible for offering resolutions.

What version of Vista are you installing? Is the Vista Version Genuine
Microsoft or OEM?

By chance do you have any third party applications installed as, spyware,
anti-virus, or other add-on programs?

Possibly, it might be best for communicating with the maker of your Tablet,
maybe.

If you will share specific details likely you will generate / receive
intelligent responses with an occasional misinformed rant as you previously
experienced.

Did you seek advice from Ms. Dewey at: www.msdewey.com ?

Ms. Dewey is incredibly awesome, and very informative.

--
Windows Vista
Become Part of The Legacy!

"mikeyhsd" <mikeyhsd@sport.rr.com> wrote:

> such irresponsible attitude and advise could subject you to being sued.
> if you do not like microsoft products, then why are you posting in a
> microsoft support news group.

sued? you clearly don't know anything about usenet. you can't "sue"
someone for posting helpful information.

if you don't like correct answers to vista problems, then cover your
eyes and ears... but there is no way in hell you can sue anyone posting
text on usenet...

catch a clue! you're an idiot.
Paul-B

Re: Can't install - PLEASE help!
mikeyhsd wrote:

> such irresponsible attitude and advise could subject you to being
> sued. if you do not like microsoft products, then why are you
> posting in a microsoft support news group.

How can you sue someone who's real name, address, contact details etc.
are not available to you?

Get a clue, newbie.

--
Paul-B
DX

Re: Can't install - PLEASE help!
only idiot I am hearing is you, go play with your mac toys and leave us
alone.
> "mikeyhsd" <mikeyhsd@sport.rr.com> wrote:
>
>> such irresponsible attitude and advise could subject you to being sued.
>> if you do not like microsoft products, then why are you posting in a
>> microsoft support news group.

> sued? you clearly don't know anything about usenet. you can't "sue"
> someone for posting helpful information.
>
> if you don't like correct answers to vista problems, then cover your
> eyes and ears... but there is no way in hell you can sue anyone posting
> text on usenet...
>
> catch a clue! you're an idiot.

mikeyhsd

Re: Can't install - PLEASE help!
it is done on a regular basis.
especially when the advise is taken and proves to be WRONG.

mikeyhsd@sport.rr.com

"Sarah Moyer" <support@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45cc4067$0$708$815e3792@news.qwest.net...
"mikeyhsd" <mikeyhsd@sport.rr.com> wrote:

> such irresponsible attitude and advise could subject you to being sued.
> if you do not like microsoft products, then why are you posting in a
> microsoft support news group.

sued? you clearly don't know anything about usenet. you can't "sue"
someone for posting helpful information.

if you don't like correct answers to vista problems, then cover your
eyes and ears... but there is no way in hell you can sue anyone posting
text on usenet...

catch a clue! you're an idiot.
mikeyhsd

Re: Can't install - PLEASE help!
details are VERY easy to find.
remember this is the internet and NOT secure. even anonomizer are not perfect.

mikeyhsd@sport.rr.com