Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor won't run on my system!

JMI

Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor won't run on my system!
Hello,

I downloaded the Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor and installed it, but when I
tried to run it the window came up, it started to do the scan, but it never
completed and the window just vanished therefore I never got any of the
results.

I tried booting clean with nothing in my startup and even tried it in safe
mode, but still it never ran.

Anyone seen this problem? Any clues on how to fix it?

Thanks,

Jeff

mikeyhsd

Re: Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor won't run on my system!
is your system 32 or 64 bit. it has been reported to not run on 64 bit system.

mikeyhsd@sport.rr.com

"JMI" <ingramje@gmail.com> wrote in message news:eubgs26SHHA.1212@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
Hello,

I downloaded the Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor and installed it, but when I
tried to run it the window came up, it started to do the scan, but it never
completed and the window just vanished therefore I never got any of the
results.

I tried booting clean with nothing in my startup and even tried it in safe
mode, but still it never ran.

Anyone seen this problem? Any clues on how to fix it?

Thanks,

Jeff

=?Utf-8?B?Sm8=?=

RE: Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor won't run on my system!
I had the same problem on a Dell computer. Never could fix it. One of the
earlier versions worked, but not the later versions.

"JMI" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I downloaded the Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor and installed it, but when I
> tried to run it the window came up, it started to do the scan, but it never
> completed and the window just vanished therefore I never got any of the
> results.
>
> I tried booting clean with nothing in my startup and even tried it in safe
> mode, but still it never ran.
>
> Anyone seen this problem? Any clues on how to fix it?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeff

JMI

Re: Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor won't run on my system!
EXACTLY my situation! It has worked with an earlier version on my DELL
computer too! Hmm....WTF?

So I'm not alone!

Thanks!

Jeff

"Jo" <Jo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I had the same problem on a Dell computer. Never could fix it. One of the
> earlier versions worked, but not the later versions.
>
> "JMI" wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I downloaded the Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor and installed it, but when
>> tried to run it the window came up, it started to do the scan, but it
>> never
>> completed and the window just vanished therefore I never got any of the
>> results.
>>
>> I tried booting clean with nothing in my startup and even tried it in
>> safe
>> mode, but still it never ran.
>>
>> Anyone seen this problem? Any clues on how to fix it?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Jeff

Mente Holwerda

Re: Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor won't run on my system!
Exactly my situation. It has worked with earlier version on my computer. By
the upgrade to a newer version, says the program :
I can not delete de older earlier version. So they have I my self removed,
also cleaned the register.

I am waiting white you, on a solution or fix for this problem.

Mente

"JMI" <ingramje@gmail.com> schreef in bericht
> EXACTLY my situation! It has worked with an earlier version on my DELL
> computer too! Hmm....WTF?
>
> So I'm not alone!
>
> Thanks!
>
> Jeff
>

> "Jo" <Jo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I had the same problem on a Dell computer. Never could fix it. One of
>>the
>> earlier versions worked, but not the later versions.
>>
>> "JMI" wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I downloaded the Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor and installed it, but
>>> when I
>>> tried to run it the window came up, it started to do the scan, but it
>>> never
>>> completed and the window just vanished therefore I never got any of the
>>> results.
>>>
>>> I tried booting clean with nothing in my startup and even tried it in
>>> safe
>>> mode, but still it never ran.
>>>
>>> Anyone seen this problem? Any clues on how to fix it?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Jeff

Sarah Moyer

Re: Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor won't run on my system!
"mikeyhsd" <mikeyhsd@sport.rr.com> wrote:

> is your system 32 or 64 bit. it has been reported to not run on 64 bit system.
>

> mikeyhsd@sport.rr.com

ignore mikeyhsd, he is a TOTAL idiot.
Jan Hyde

Re: Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor won't run on my system!
"JMI" <ingramje@gmail.com>'s wild thoughts were released on
Thu, 8 Feb 2007 13:19:26 -0500 bearing the following fruit:

>Hello,
>
>I downloaded the Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor and installed it, but when I
>tried to run it the window came up, it started to do the scan, but it never
>completed and the window just vanished therefore I never got any of the
>results.
>
>I tried booting clean with nothing in my startup and even tried it in safe
>mode, but still it never ran.
>
>Anyone seen this problem? Any clues on how to fix it?

It never completed on my PC.

Then an upgrade for it came out and it wouldn't even run on
my PC.

In the end I just bit the bullet.

Jan Hyde (VB MVP)

--
Wholesome: That which you take the whole from and still have some left (One Weird Dude)