Installation Problems

=?Utf-8?B?bWRjZGV2ZQ==?=

Installation Problems
Hi, i cant seem to get vista to install after numerous trys.
My PC is certainly compatible and ive run the upgrade advisor and it shows
no imediate problems.

everytime i install, after it finishes installing a blank screen comes up
with a blinking underscore, after a while it restarts and undoes the changes
and tells me it was unsucessful.
Michelle Steiner

Re: Installation Problems
mdcdeve <mdcdeve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Hi, i cant seem to get vista to install after numerous trys.
> My PC is certainly compatible and ive run the upgrade advisor and it shows
> no imediate problems.
>
> everytime i install, after it finishes installing a blank screen comes up
> with a blinking underscore, after a while it restarts and undoes the changes
> and tells me it was unsucessful.

try these step by step instructions:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxQm3IsSKAo&eurl

if that still doesn't work, try this website. 100% chance these machines
will work correct, and provide years of virus free, problem free service.

http://www.apple.com/
Kevin Spencer

Re: Installation Problems
Are you doing an upgrade or a clean install?

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
Software Composer
http://unclechutney.blogspot.com

The shortest distance between 2 points is a curve.

"mdcdeve" <mdcdeve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, i cant seem to get vista to install after numerous trys.
> My PC is certainly compatible and ive run the upgrade advisor and it shows
> no imediate problems.
>
> everytime i install, after it finishes installing a blank screen comes up
> with a blinking underscore, after a while it restarts and undoes the
> changes
> and tells me it was unsucessful.

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

RE: Installation Problems
Hello,
Can you capture the setupact.log and setuperr.log file that is on your
system after the failure?
C:\$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\Panther\setupact.log
C:\$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\Panther\setuperr.log
send to be me, remove the online.
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

--------------------
|>From: =?Utf-8?B?bWRjZGV2ZQ==?= <mdcdeve@discussions.microsoft.com>
|>Subject: Installation Problems
|>Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 08:46:00 -0800
|>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
|>
|>Hi, i cant seem to get vista to install after numerous trys.
|>My PC is certainly compatible and ive run the upgrade advisor and it
shows
|>no imediate problems.
|>
|>everytime i install, after it finishes installing a blank screen comes up
|>with a blinking underscore, after a while it restarts and undoes the
changes
|>and tells me it was unsucessful.

=?Utf-8?B?bWRjZGV2ZQ==?=

Re: Installation Problems
Hi, i am doing a clean install, first i tried 4 times on my partition and
then i partitioned off 20 gb specifically for vista and that failed the same
as previous attempts.

Hi, do you mean send to Darrellg@microsoft.com?

""Darrell Gorter[MSFT]"" wrote:

> Hello,
> Can you capture the setupact.log and setuperr.log file that is on your
> system after the failure?
> C:\$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\Panther\setupact.log
> C:\$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\Panther\setuperr.log
> send to be me, remove the online.
> Thanks,
> Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

> --------------------
> |>From: =?Utf-8?B?bWRjZGV2ZQ==?= <mdcdeve@discussions.microsoft.com>
> |>Subject: Installation Problems
> |>Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 08:46:00 -0800
> |>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
> |>
> |>Hi, i cant seem to get vista to install after numerous trys.
> |>My PC is certainly compatible and ive run the upgrade advisor and it
> shows
> |>no imediate problems.
> |>
> |>everytime i install, after it finishes installing a blank screen comes up
> |>with a blinking underscore, after a while it restarts and undoes the
> changes
> |>and tells me it was unsucessful.

=?Utf-8?B?bWRjZGV2ZQ==?=

Re: Installation Problems
Hi Michelle, nice video. But macs arent compatible with any of the programs i
use.

"Michelle Steiner" wrote:

> mdcdeve <mdcdeve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi, i cant seem to get vista to install after numerous trys.
> > My PC is certainly compatible and ive run the upgrade advisor and it shows
> > no imediate problems.
> >
> > everytime i install, after it finishes installing a blank screen comes up
> > with a blinking underscore, after a while it restarts and undoes the changes
> > and tells me it was unsucessful.

> try these step by step instructions:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxQm3IsSKAo&eurl
>
> if that still doesn't work, try this website. 100% chance these machines
> will work correct, and provide years of virus free, problem free service.
>
> http://www.apple.com/

Navilyn

Re: Installation Problems
I personally suggest two things. Before you started this process, your hard
drive was not set to dynamic, was it? Mine was, and I had the same issues
you're having...

In addition, disconnect ALL accessories, i.e. usb items. So, all that should
be left is, power, keyboard, mouse, and monitor. If doing an upgrade
uninstall anti virus software, and CD burning software, then try again. I
bet it works then...

"mdcdeve" <mdcdeve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, i cant seem to get vista to install after numerous trys.
> My PC is certainly compatible and ive run the upgrade advisor and it shows
> no imediate problems.
>
> everytime i install, after it finishes installing a blank screen comes up
> with a blinking underscore, after a while it restarts and undoes the
> changes
> and tells me it was unsucessful.

kda

Re: Installation Problems - Pretty sad indeed and I didn't even get kissed!
Yep, it is all pretty sad.

I have an almost 'state of the art' newer high end computer with tons
of HD space. Until now, it runs anything and everything I've thrown at
it. I've built and assembled my last 8 computers so I'm not exactly
new at working with operating systems. And of course the current
computer with XP Pro easily passes any VISTA compatibility tests.
But VISTA is an entirely new and frustrating experience.
Regarding VISTA, I've gone from enthusiastic and "I can
hardly wait" to absolute disgust. If I were Bill Gates
and was tired of having all that money and success, I'd do what
he is doing and end it all with the release of a truly uninstallable
or unusable operating system.
On my computer, VISTA installs fairly well until it "re-sets" the
screen to a font size that appears to be consistent with my 1920 x
1200 default screen resolution, then goes into a reboot cycle
from which nothing short of "pull the power plug" will recover.
There is no advice. There are no helpful messages, in fact no
messages whatsoever. After a few minutes of this reboot frustration,
I actually expected a happy face to pop up on my screen with a
message:
"Ha Ha, I have your $400 and you just got f__ked by Microsoft."

But alas, I didn't even get that much.

On Thu, 8 Feb 2007 08:46:00 -0800, mdcdeve
<mdcdeve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi, i cant seem to get vista to install after numerous trys.
>My PC is certainly compatible and ive run the upgrade advisor and it shows
>no imediate problems.
>
>everytime i install, after it finishes installing a blank screen comes up
>with a blinking underscore, after a while it restarts and undoes the changes
>and tells me it was unsucessful.

=?Utf-8?B?bWRjZGV2ZQ==?=

Re: Installation Problems
Hi Navilyn, thanks for your reply. Im pretty sure im not using dynamic though
when you say dynamic do you mean discs spanned over mulitple drives?

I will try your suggestions though and unplug all peripherals apart from
those that are needed.