Questions about the Vista Dvds

=?Utf-8?B?RW1vcnkgVGVjaA==?=

Questions about the Vista Dvds
Since most vista dvds are supposed to be the same I was wondering about a few
things. Is it possible to do a full install from the vista upgrade media(not
taking about the install twice trick), but when you get to the part of the
install when it ask for a key you enter a full install serial key instead of
the upgrade one. Would this work? Would the full install media let you use an
upgrade key to do clean install? Has anyone done a bit for bit comparison of
the different vista dvds? I think that there is something different. I know
for sure that the enterprise version is different and so is the oem version.
I know with xp the different flavors had a few different files.
Zim Babwe

Re: Questions about the Vista Dvds
I think this is what you are looking for

http://www.instantvista.com/windows-vista-upgrade.html

"Emory Tech" <EmoryTech@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Since most vista dvds are supposed to be the same I was wondering about a
> few
> things. Is it possible to do a full install from the vista upgrade
> media(not
> taking about the install twice trick), but when you get to the part of the
> install when it ask for a key you enter a full install serial key instead
> of
> the upgrade one. Would this work? Would the full install media let you use
> an
> upgrade key to do clean install? Has anyone done a bit for bit comparison
> of
> the different vista dvds? I think that there is something different. I
> know
> for sure that the enterprise version is different and so is the oem
> version.
> I know with xp the different flavors had a few different files.

Dave B.

Re: Questions about the Vista Dvds
If you enter a product key for a full version, your installing the full
version, not the upgrade.
There is no full install media, as you stated yourself, the full and upgrade
media are the same.

--
----
http://www.db-pc.com
"Emory Tech" <EmoryTech@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Since most vista dvds are supposed to be the same I was wondering about a
> few
> things. Is it possible to do a full install from the vista upgrade
> media(not
> taking about the install twice trick), but when you get to the part of the
> install when it ask for a key you enter a full install serial key instead
> of
> the upgrade one. Would this work? Would the full install media let you use
> an
> upgrade key to do clean install? Has anyone done a bit for bit comparison
> of
> the different vista dvds? I think that there is something different. I
> know
> for sure that the enterprise version is different and so is the oem
> version.
> I know with xp the different flavors had a few different files.

=?Utf-8?B?RW1vcnkgVGVjaA==?=

Re: Questions about the Vista Dvds
I already know about this, I specifically stated I am not talking about the
install vista twice trick. I am looking to see if there are any different
files between the Retail Full, Retail Upgrade and OEM.

"Zim Babwe" wrote:

> I think this is what you are looking for
>
> http://www.instantvista.com/windows-vista-upgrade.html
>

> "Emory Tech" <EmoryTech@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Since most vista dvds are supposed to be the same I was wondering about a
> > few
> > things. Is it possible to do a full install from the vista upgrade
> > media(not
> > taking about the install twice trick), but when you get to the part of the
> > install when it ask for a key you enter a full install serial key instead
> > of
> > the upgrade one. Would this work? Would the full install media let you use
> > an
> > upgrade key to do clean install? Has anyone done a bit for bit comparison
> > of
> > the different vista dvds? I think that there is something different. I
> > know
> > for sure that the enterprise version is different and so is the oem
> > version.
> > I know with xp the different flavors had a few different files.

Rock

Re: Questions about the Vista Dvds
"Emory Tech" <EmoryTech@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote

> Since most vista dvds are supposed to be the same I was wondering about a
> few
> things. Is it possible to do a full install from the vista upgrade
> media(not
> taking about the install twice trick), but when you get to the part of the
> install when it ask for a key you enter a full install serial key instead
> of
> the upgrade one. Would this work? Would the full install media let you use
> an
> upgrade key to do clean install? Has anyone done a bit for bit comparison
> of
> the different vista dvds? I think that there is something different. I
> know
> for sure that the enterprise version is different and so is the oem
> version.
> I know with xp the different flavors had a few different files.

With the exception of the volume license edition of Vista, all the retail
Vista DVDs are the same - upgrade and full are no different. The difference
is in the keys. The key is what unlocks the particular version and whether
it's upgrade or full.

--
Rock [MVP - User/Shell]