ChangeIcon MFC?

=?Utf-8?B?c3RldmVzbA==?=

ChangeIcon MFC?
After upgrading to Vista Home Premium from XP, I find that upon startup, a
Window opens with the message "ChangeIcon MFC Application has stopped
working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will
close the program and notify you if a solution is available."
I have no idea what application is associated with, or what the program may
be. Any thoughts why the error takes place, or how it may be corrected?

Thanks.

Rock

Re: ChangeIcon MFC?
"stevesl" <stevesl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After upgrading to Vista Home Premium from XP, I find that upon startup, a
> Window opens with the message "ChangeIcon MFC Application has stopped
> working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows
> will
> close the program and notify you if a solution is available."
> I have no idea what application is associated with, or what the program
> may
> be. Any thoughts why the error takes place, or how it may be corrected?

What happens when you boot into safe mode? Restart the computer and tap the
F8 key repeatedly as it restarts just after the BIOS splash screen
disappears. When the Advanced Boot Options menu appears select safe mode
and press enter. Login to that account. Does the error occur? If not
reboot and start normally. From there do some clean boot troubleshooting to
see if you can identify what program is causing the error. The principles
are the same in Vista as in XP. One last question. Was the system clean of
malware when you did the upgrade? How did you check for malware in XP?

Clean Boot Troubleshooting

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=310560

How to perform advanced clean-boot troubleshooting in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=316434

How to perform a clean boot in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=310353

--
Rock [MVP - User/Shell]