Wireless Card Install

=?Utf-8?B?a2R0eGNoaWM=?=

Wireless Card Install
I had to get a new lap top which has Vista Home Premium on it. As a result
my Sprint Pantech PX-500 card will not install. I keep getting an error
message telling me to run ISScript.msi. I looked up the problem, installed
InstallShield 12 and this did not fix my problem. Sprint claims there is not
a driver for Vista yet. Any ideas on how I can get my card installed.
Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User

Re: Wireless Card Install
No drivers, no hardware.. I am surprised that your new laptop doe not have
inbuilt wireless support.. have you checked to see if it has?

"kdtxchic" <kdtxchic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I had to get a new lap top which has Vista Home Premium on it. As a result
> my Sprint Pantech PX-500 card will not install. I keep getting an error
> message telling me to run ISScript.msi. I looked up the problem,
> installed
> InstallShield 12 and this did not fix my problem. Sprint claims there is
> not
> a driver for Vista yet. Any ideas on how I can get my card installed.

Matt

pantech drivers for vista
if you have the drivers installed on a windows XP box, you can copy them to your vista box and point at them with driver update... this will not however install Sprint's Connection Manager Software. It will work like a dial up modem. I still get 1Mbs down easy, but no signal strength to monitor.

Sprint says pantech hasn't updated their drivers, but clearly new drivers are not needed, but the installer needs to be repackaged with installshield 12. (you were on the right track there, but you can't convert the .msi file without the installshield project file used to create it in the first place... but sprint, if they have installshield 12, could accomplish this in 10 minutes time...

Very irritated, but online (right now)

Matt

http://www.eggheadcafe.com
Stephen Paterson

Pantech Px-500
What version of InstallShield are the drivers set up with in the current install disk Sprint sends? I am getting the "engine missing on this machine" error and I can't figure out which version of the patch from InstallShield's website to install. Thanks!

Stephen

http://www.eggheadcafe.com
Josh

Missing InstallScript Engine isscript.msi
I'm running XP home SP2 and I get the same error. I am trying to install the SprintPCSConnectionManager software when I get this error. I have tried to re-install, but no results are the same. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,

Josh

http://www.eggheadcafe.com
=?Utf-8?B?a2R0eGNoaWM=?=

RE: pantech drivers for vista
What is a windows XP box, and how do I copy drives from this box to my vista
box. I do have the XP pro disc from my previous laptop but really didn't
want to have to uninstall Vista and put XP on, only becauase at some point
Vista will work and my possibly be needed for some applications in the
future. Any help would be appreciated. It is getting pretty frustrating not
being able to use my new laptop on business trips.

"Matt" wrote:

> if you have the drivers installed on a windows XP box, you can copy them to your vista box and point at them with driver update... this will not however install Sprint's Connection Manager Software. It will work like a dial up modem. I still get 1Mbs down easy, but no signal strength to monitor.
>
> Sprint says pantech hasn't updated their drivers, but clearly new drivers are not needed, but the installer needs to be repackaged with installshield 12. (you were on the right track there, but you can't convert the .msi file without the installshield project file used to create it in the first place... but sprint, if they have installshield 12, could accomplish this in 10 minutes time...
>
> Very irritated, but online (right now)
>
> Matt

> http://www.eggheadcafe.com

digichef

Pantech Drivers
I experienced the same problems installing on xp pro sp2 and finally got updated driver for Pantech PX-500 from Sprint advanced tech support.

Doesn't include Sprint's normal connection manager and has to be installed through device manager/modems/update driver after PnP finds PX-500.

Let me know if anyone's interested. It's been working great for me.

http://www.eggheadcafe.com
Ruben Montano

Pantech PX-500 Sprint Air Card and Vista
Do you know of any software that will allow the Pantech card to work on a new laptop with Vista Premium?
Thanks

http://www.eggheadcafe.com
secret

i am using a pam with windows vista
I am using a Samsung phone to connect to my computer as phone as modem I am paying the same price as the regular vision package and I connect myself with Bluetooth to my laptop with out any connection manager from freaked up sprint

http://www.eggheadcafe.com
Chell Mendiola

Pantech PX-500 + Vista :: drivers
Hi there,

I am trying to do the same thing and I'm very interested in how you got it to work. Where can I get the updated driver?

Thank you very much for any info!

-c

http://www.eggheadcafe.com