Upgrade from Non-Genuine.

=?Utf-8?B?S2V2S28=?=

Upgrade from Non-Genuine.
Hello, my name is Kevin and I'm thinking of purchasing Vista soon. I ran the
upgrade advisor, and it recommends Vista Buisness, but I'm getting Home
Premium. Anyways, my question today is:

Can I upgrade to Windows Vista from a Non-Genuine Windows XP Professional?

I've searched and I can't find the answer anywhere! Thankyou for assistance!
-Kevin Spratt
Richard G. Harper

Re: Upgrade from Non-Genuine.
No, you cannot; and yes, this answer is everywhere.

"KevKo" <KevKo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello, my name is Kevin and I'm thinking of purchasing Vista soon. I ran
> the
> upgrade advisor, and it recommends Vista Buisness, but I'm getting Home
> Premium. Anyways, my question today is:
>
> Can I upgrade to Windows Vista from a Non-Genuine Windows XP Professional?
>
> I've searched and I can't find the answer anywhere! Thankyou for
> assistance!
> -Kevin Spratt

Fun Time Frankie

Re: Upgrade from Non-Genuine.
On Wed, 7 Feb 2007 19:46:10 -0500, "Richard G. Harper"
<rgharper@email.com> wrote:

>No, you cannot; and yes, this answer is everywhere.

I beg to differ.

My copy of XP was Non Genuine & I upraded to Vista with no problem.

F T F
=?Utf-8?B?S2V2S28=?=

Re: Upgrade from Non-Genuine.
Well I couldn't find it; but WHY NOT? They're making me pay an extra $50 for
no apparent reason. So just because of 25 ******* numbers, Microsoft is
making me pay an extra $50! That is BULLCRAP.

=?Utf-8?B?S2V2S28=?=

Re: Upgrade from Non-Genuine.

Well that's good, but I MUST MAKE A CORRECTION;
I live in Canada, so instead of + $50, they're making Me pay an extra
$100!!!! THIS IS BULLCRAP.

Well I will try to upgrade anyways, maybe it's just Microsoft staff telling
you that you can't to make a couple extra million.

"Fun Time Frankie" wrote:

> On Wed, 7 Feb 2007 19:46:10 -0500, "Richard G. Harper"
> <rgharper@email.com> wrote:
>
> >No, you cannot; and yes, this answer is everywhere.

> I beg to differ.
>
> My copy of XP was Non Genuine & I upraded to Vista with no problem.
>
> F T F

Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Re: Upgrade from Non-Genuine.
"That is BULLCRAP"
No, that is piracy, you stated you have "Non-Genuine".
There is no price break for upgrading pirated copies, there never has been
and there probably never will be.
Buy the full version of Vista Home Premium and use Windows Easy Transfer to
save your data and settings.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

> Well I couldn't find it; but WHY NOT? They're making me pay an extra $50
> for
> no apparent reason. So just because of 25 ******* numbers, Microsoft is
> making me pay an extra $50! That is BULLCRAP.

Joe

Re: Upgrade from Non-Genuine.
Just go to NewEgg and buy an OEM version. It is cheaper than the retail
upgrade and does not require giving up your XP license.
Joe

"KevKo" <KevKo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello, my name is Kevin and I'm thinking of purchasing Vista soon. I ran
> the
> upgrade advisor, and it recommends Vista Buisness, but I'm getting Home
> Premium. Anyways, my question today is:
>
> Can I upgrade to Windows Vista from a Non-Genuine Windows XP Professional?
>
> I've searched and I can't find the answer anywhere! Thankyou for
> assistance!
> -Kevin Spratt

=?Utf-8?B?S2V2S28=?=

Re: Upgrade from Non-Genuine.
"No, that is piracy, you stated you have 'Non-Genuine'"

It's not Piracy when I buy it From Future Shop in 2003 is it? I didn't know
that was a crime. I buy from Future Shop, install it, and come 2005,
Microsoft rips me and thousands of other people who bought XP before 2005.

And since I live in Canada, I must pay an extra $113 for Vista "Full".

The above sounds like BULLCRAP to me.
Rock

Re: Upgrade from Non-Genuine.
"Joe" <Bougus@notgiven.com> wrote in message
> Just go to NewEgg and buy an OEM version. It is cheaper than the retail
> upgrade and does not require giving up your XP license.
> Joe
>
> "KevKo" <KevKo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hello, my name is Kevin and I'm thinking of purchasing Vista soon. I ran
>> the
>> upgrade advisor, and it recommends Vista Buisness, but I'm getting Home
>> Premium. Anyways, my question today is:
>>
>> Can I upgrade to Windows Vista from a Non-Genuine Windows XP
>> Professional?
>>
>> I've searched and I can't find the answer anywhere! Thankyou for
>> assistance!
>> -Kevin Spratt

But an OEM version cannot do an in place upgrade. Hard to know what exactly
the OP was asking.

--
Rock [MVP - User/Shell]

Joe

Re: Upgrade from Non-Genuine.
Would you do an in place upgrade? I have Xp legit now and when I go to Vista
I plan to format the hard drive and start over. I may be wrong but I just do
not trust upgrades. I do not want any chance of a problem in one Os to hang
around in the next. I want to know when I start with a new OS that the only
problems I have are related to the new OS and not a preexisting problem that
did not get fixed.
Joe