Please I Really Need Help Please

mitch04

Please I Really Need Help Please

hi can anyone please please help me when i install vista ultimate comes
up 49% error 0x8007024, so many people got his problem but no solution
please i need help alot. i installed it on the brothers pc with no
hassle out all but he did format it could that be the solution? I only
have one hard drive and i don't want to format is is there anyway i can
like separate the hard drive like make it max 10gb have the rest i know
you can do that but what program. thank you

thanks

--
mitch04
mitch04's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=21610

http://forums.techarena.in

mitch04

Re: Please I Really Need Help Please

no its not the hard drive i just check he didnt format it. so what is
wrong with my computer i check the advisor and everything please tell
me what am i doing wrong please

--
mitch04
mitch04's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=21610
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=676633

http://forums.techarena.in

=?Utf-8?B?YW5kcm9pZA==?=

Re: Please I Really Need Help Please
What does the setup log file says?

Use this knowledge base link to find out the name of the log file:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927521/en-us

"mitch04" wrote:

> no its not the hard drive i just check he didnt format it. so what is
> wrong with my computer i check the advisor and everything please tell
> me what am i doing wrong please
>

> --
> mitch04
> mitch04's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=21610
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=676633
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

=?Utf-8?B?RGV2RDJr?=

RE: Please I Really Need Help Please
Mitch04

In Windows vista if you got any error please contact Microsoft Customer
support (Purchaced one only) and give the detail information ablut you
Computer System Configuration including Mother board information and Video
Driver Detail too
Please detach every USB Peripheril and do it again.

one more thing you didn't specify at which phase you finish 47% and
what kind of last screen you got ( i.e blue screeen / Stop Error )

Give me as much as information you can.

I will try my best.

DevD2k

"mitch04" wrote:

> hi can anyone please please help me when i install vista ultimate comes
> up 49% error 0x8007024, so many people got his problem but no solution
> please i need help alot. i installed it on the brothers pc with no
> hassle out all but he did format it could that be the solution? I only
> have one hard drive and i don't want to format is is there anyway i can
> like separate the hard drive like make it max 10gb have the rest i know
> you can do that but what program. thank you
>
> thanks
>

> --
> mitch04
> mitch04's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=21610
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=676633
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

mitch04

Re: Please I Really Need Help Please

hey thanks so much for the replys its an error stops out 48% then says
this file is corupted error 0x8007024. and yeh

thanks in advance

--
mitch04
mitch04's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=21610
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=676633

http://forums.techarena.in

mitch04

Re: Please I Really Need Help Please

hey this is what the error im getting could you please help

|Filename: 14444ai9.jpg |
|Download: http://forums.techarena.in/attachment.php?attachmentid=6208|

mitch04
mitch04's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=21610
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=676633

http://forums.techarena.in

mitch04

Re: Please I Really Need Help Please

and I have tried the following to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Restarted my PC with Vista DVD in DVD drive. I then pressed any
key to start the installation process. A message appears saying that
windows is installing some files. This process also crashes with the
following error message:

2. Copied all of the files from the DVD to my C:\ drive, removed the
installation disk from the DVD drive and clicked on the setup.exe file
on my C:\ drive to start installation. Installation continues as
described above and crashes out with the same “error code
0x80070241” error.

3. Tried calling Microsoft’s technical support staff. After
spending almost two hours with a technician the problem was still not
solved. He suggested that “many users were experiencing this
problem” and that “it was probably due to a corrupted DVD
disk”. I took his advice and went back to the retailer where I
had purchased the product and exchanged it for a new one.

4. Using the new DVD I reperformed steps (1) and (2) with the same
results (“error code 0x80070241”)

5. Tried disabling all antivirus software. My machine has Windows
OneCare and Webroot’s AntiSpyware/Antivirus software. Restarted
installation from within Windows XP. Same “error code
0x80070241” error.

6. Tried uninstalling all my antivirus software using the
“Add/Remove Programs” option from within the control panel.
Restarted installation. Same “error code 0x80070241”
error.

7. I then resorted to reinstalling Windows XP. I completely
reformatted my C:\ drive, reinstalled Windows XP and updated Windows XP
with all updates. No other software was installed. Restarted the
installation of Windows Vista from the DVD drive. Same “error
code 0x80070241” error.\

1. Restarted PC with Vista DVD in DVD drive. I then pressed
any key to start the installation process. A message appears saying
that windows is installing some files. This process also crashes with
the following error message:

2. I reinstalled the graphics card drivers (Nvidia) and
restarted the installation of Windows Vista from the DVD drive. Same
“error code 0x80070241” error.

3. Copied all of the files from the DVD to my C:\ drive,
removed the installation disk from the DVD drive and clicked on the
setup.exe file on my C:\ drive to start installation. Installation
continues as described above and crashes out with the same “error
code 0x80070241” error.

4. Restarted PC with Vista DVD in DVD drive. I then pressed
any key to start the installation process. A message appeared saying
that windows is installing some files. This process also crashes with
the following error message:

--
mitch04
mitch04's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=21610
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=676633

http://forums.techarena.in

=?Utf-8?B?RGV2RDJr?=

Re: Please I Really Need Help Please
mitch04

Still you didn't rpovide me your system information.
System Make : Dell / HP / Gatway .......Custom made....?
Mother Board Specification ?
RAM ...?
Video RAM....?
Total Hard Disk with full capasity and available free space ...?

On the top of these Which Version of Vista you have?
yes Ultimate you have, but Upgrade or Full Version?

If you have upgrade version you can not install Vista by Boot through DVD.

Now you have to do one thing install XP and SP2 and down load Memory
diagnostic tool from

http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

it will make a bootable disk or CD and then boot by this bootable disk and
check your RAM is perfact or not it will tack time but let it continue.

the second thing is wich operating system you bouth 32bit or 64bit?

Do this and give me the result we will go further.

Good luck

DevD2K

"mitch04" wrote:

> [...]
> any key to start the installation process. A message appears saying
> that windows is installing some files. This process also crashes with
> the following error message:
>

> 2. I reinstalled the graphics card drivers (Nvidia) and
> restarted the installation of Windows Vista from the DVD drive. Same
> “error code 0x80070241” error.
>

> 3. Copied all of the files from the DVD to my C:\ drive,
> removed the installation disk from the DVD drive and clicked on the
> setup.exe file on my C:\ drive to start installation. Installation
> continues as described above and crashes out with the same “error
> code 0x80070241” error.
>

> 4. Restarted PC with Vista DVD in DVD drive. I then pressed
> any key to start the installation process. A message appeared saying
> that windows is installing some files. This process also crashes with

=?Utf-8?B?RGV2RDJr?=

Re: Please I Really Need Help Please
If you install XP AND SP2 then don't forget ot run windows update advisor and
save that report too.
without fail...
It is must.

DevD2k

"mitch04" wrote:

> [...]
> any key to start the installation process. A message appears saying
> that windows is installing some files. This process also crashes with
> the following error message:
>

> 2. I reinstalled the graphics card drivers (Nvidia) and
> restarted the installation of Windows Vista from the DVD drive. Same
> “error code 0x80070241” error.
>

> 3. Copied all of the files from the DVD to my C:\ drive,
> removed the installation disk from the DVD drive and clicked on the
> setup.exe file on my C:\ drive to start installation. Installation
> continues as described above and crashes out with the same “error
> code 0x80070241” error.
>

> 4. Restarted PC with Vista DVD in DVD drive. I then pressed
> any key to start the installation process. A message appeared saying
> that windows is installing some files. This process also crashes with

ok thank you very much for the reply's now i got 1GB RAM, 80GB of hard
drive 40GB free Geforce 5500 128mb, mother board is ASUS 2.41GHZ
pentium 4

thanks