Vista Upgrade is Hanging Up?

auctioneer250@gmail.com

Vista Upgrade is Hanging Up?
I have bought vista Upgrade Business. I have XP Prof, with 2.8 GHz and
1GB of memory. I have installed the upgrade yesterday late and was
progressing through the installation just fine, but I am 87% complete
done, and it has not moved since 8:30 this morning.

Has this upgrade timed out, or it needs to still run and it is not
complete? Any suggestions on what to do?

Thanks,
Jay

Mayor of R'lyeh

Re: Vista Upgrade is Hanging Up?
auctioneer250@gmail.com wrote:

> I have bought vista Upgrade Business. I have XP Prof, with 2.8 GHz and
> 1GB of memory. I have installed the upgrade yesterday late and was
> progressing through the installation just fine, but I am 87% complete
> done, and it has not moved since 8:30 this morning.
>
> Has this upgrade timed out, or it needs to still run and it is not
> complete? Any suggestions on what to do?

the best suggestion people are finding is to go ahead and get a
macintosh. these sorts of 1980s problems are long gone in the mac world.

so it's probably time for you to give up on Microsoft who refuses to put
the customer first, and join the modern world. you can get a mac for
around $300 that runs circles around any thing you have now.

http://computers.search.ebay.com/mac_Apple-Desktops

(plus macs have better software, so it's a win win for everyone)
Adam Albright

Re: Vista Upgrade is Hanging Up?
On Tue, 06 Feb 2007 14:39:42 -0700, Mayor of R'lyeh
<mayor.of.rlyeh@gmail.com> wrote:

>auctioneer250@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> I have bought vista Upgrade Business. I have XP Prof, with 2.8 GHz and
>> 1GB of memory. I have installed the upgrade yesterday late and was
>> progressing through the installation just fine, but I am 87% complete
>> done, and it has not moved since 8:30 this morning.
>>
>> Has this upgrade timed out, or it needs to still run and it is not
>> complete? Any suggestions on what to do?

>the best suggestion people are finding is to go ahead and get a
>macintosh. these sorts of 1980s problems are long gone in the mac world.

I guess we can add liar to your talents:

http://forums.macosxhints.com/archiv...p/t-13263.html

http://forums.techguy.org/apple-maci...-problems.html

Need more, just ask.

EarthSchol

Re: Vista Upgrade is Hanging Up?
In article <1170793222.543769.151500@v45g2000cwv.googlegroups .com>,
auctioneer250@gmail.com wrote:

> I have bought vista Upgrade Business. I have XP Prof, with 2.8 GHz and
> 1GB of memory. I have installed the upgrade yesterday late and was
> progressing through the installation just fine, but I am 87% complete
> done, and it has not moved since 8:30 this morning.
>
> Has this upgrade timed out, or it needs to still run and it is not
> complete? Any suggestions on what to do?

quite normal, next time... get a mac... problem solved...
=?Utf-8?B?RWQgU3RvZGRhcmQ=?=

RE: Vista Upgrade is Hanging Up?
Well, in that case the best thing you can do is to restart the computer from
a cold shutdown. Vista may have tried to restart and couldn't for some
reason or you may have attached hardware with drivers that conflict somehow.

At any rate, Vista may continue on with the installation after you restart
from the shutdown. If it doesn't, then I would suggest removing all external
hardware and just go with your monitor, keyboard and mouse to see if you can
get a successfull installation. If you are still able to get into WinXP
though, you may want to uninstall incompatible programs that the Windows
Upgrade Advisor warned you about to minimize problems further. Programs such
as Nero, Security software, etc.