Vista 0x80070005 installation problem

=?Utf-8?B?TGFzc2VsYWthbg==?=

Vista 0x80070005 installation problem
Hi!
I have a serious problem installing vista business. During installation
(after first reboot) I get the following error message: "Windows cannot
install required files. Network problems may be preventing Windows from
accessing the file. Make sure the computer is connected to the network and
restart the installation. Error code: 0x80070005"

I've tried following without any succes:
*running Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor, said there should be n problem.
*staying connected to network (and internet) during installation.
*upgrading BIOS.
*2 different ISOs, (1 DVD or 5 CDs).
*different keys, both from MSDNAA. Also tried with no key at all.
*mounting ISO with PowerISO.
*flat installation = copying all ISO content to hdd.
*installing on either of 2 hdds, and also tried disconnecting the other one
during installation.
*boot-installing from DVD.
*full installation from XP.
*upgrading from XP SP2.
*getting latest updates during installation.
*disabling virus-protection and firewall, haven't found any BIOS virus
protection to disable though. Have heard that could be a problem, my mobo is
ASUS p5nd2-sli. Do you know of such BIOS virus protection?

HELP PLEASE!!!
=?Utf-8?B?RXJpYyBCdWNoZWw=?=

RE: Vista 0x80070005 installation problem
I HAVE THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM!!!!
im trying to install Vista on a ASUS P4T motherboard...

i tried everything the user above did... and nothing helped!!!
WHAT NETWORK?!?! i tried to upgrade online and no luck....

WERE NOT THE ONLY 2 IN THE WORLD!!!!!!

so please fix this problem , release another ISO to the public , i don't
know , do whatever it takes , why would i have to wait to install something i
bought!!!!!!

i have all the Alpha + Beta versions of Vista/longhorn, AND THEY ALL WORKED

HOW CAN MICROSOFT MESS THIS UP ON THE LAUNCH DATE!!!

and yes , upgrade advisor said my system was fine

my PC

intel p 4 1.7 ghz
ASUS P4T i850
512 MB of RIMM
320 GB of HD space

"Lasselakan" wrote:

> Hi!
> I have a serious problem installing vista business. During installation
> (after first reboot) I get the following error message: "Windows cannot
> install required files. Network problems may be preventing Windows from
> accessing the file. Make sure the computer is connected to the network and
> restart the installation. Error code: 0x80070005"
>
> I've tried following without any succes:
> *running Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor, said there should be n problem.
> *staying connected to network (and internet) during installation.
> *upgrading BIOS.
> *2 different ISOs, (1 DVD or 5 CDs).
> *different keys, both from MSDNAA. Also tried with no key at all.
> *mounting ISO with PowerISO.
> *flat installation = copying all ISO content to hdd.
> *installing on either of 2 hdds, and also tried disconnecting the other one
> during installation.
> *boot-installing from DVD.
> *full installation from XP.
> *upgrading from XP SP2.
> *getting latest updates during installation.
> *disabling virus-protection and firewall, haven't found any BIOS virus
> protection to disable though. Have heard that could be a problem, my mobo is
> ASUS p5nd2-sli. Do you know of such BIOS virus protection?
>
> HELP PLEASE!!!

Jonathan Yaniv

Re: Vista 0x80070005 installation problem
Hello,

Have you tried clicking "Do not get updates" on the setup screen?

Please tell me if this works for you.

--

Have a nice day,

Jonathan Yaniv
Microsoft Windows Live™ Butterfly Expert

Visit the ButterflySays Blog at
http://spaces.msn.com/ButterflySays/

"Eric Buchel" <Eric Buchel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I HAVE THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM!!!!
> im trying to install Vista on a ASUS P4T motherboard...
>
> i tried everything the user above did... and nothing helped!!!
> WHAT NETWORK?!?! i tried to upgrade online and no luck....
>

> WERE NOT THE ONLY 2 IN THE WORLD!!!!!!
>
> so please fix this problem , release another ISO to the public , i don't
> know , do whatever it takes , why would i have to wait to install
> something i
> bought!!!!!!
>
> i have all the Alpha + Beta versions of Vista/longhorn, AND THEY ALL
> WORKED
>
> HOW CAN MICROSOFT MESS THIS UP ON THE LAUNCH DATE!!!
>
> and yes , upgrade advisor said my system was fine
>
> my PC
>
> intel p 4 1.7 ghz
> ASUS P4T i850
> 512 MB of RIMM
> 320 GB of HD space
>

> "Lasselakan" wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>> I have a serious problem installing vista business. During installation
>> (after first reboot) I get the following error message: "Windows cannot
>> install required files. Network problems may be preventing Windows from
>> accessing the file. Make sure the computer is connected to the network
>> and
>> restart the installation. Error code: 0x80070005"
>>
>> I've tried following without any succes:
>> *running Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor, said there should be n problem.
>> *staying connected to network (and internet) during installation.
>> *upgrading BIOS.
>> *2 different ISOs, (1 DVD or 5 CDs).
>> *different keys, both from MSDNAA. Also tried with no key at all.
>> *mounting ISO with PowerISO.
>> *flat installation = copying all ISO content to hdd.
>> *installing on either of 2 hdds, and also tried disconnecting the other
>> one
>> during installation.
>> *boot-installing from DVD.
>> *full installation from XP.
>> *upgrading from XP SP2.
>> *getting latest updates during installation.
>> *disabling virus-protection and firewall, haven't found any BIOS virus
>> protection to disable though. Have heard that could be a problem, my mobo
>> is
>> ASUS p5nd2-sli. Do you know of such BIOS virus protection?
>>
>> HELP PLEASE!!!

=?Utf-8?B?RXJpYyBCdWNoZWw=?=

Re: Vista 0x80070005 installation problem
yea , i swear , i also took out all my pci cards, switched network cards ,
changed HD's , etc .... nothing helped one bit

i also tried every method the person above described and i had no luck :S

"Jonathan Yaniv" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Have you tried clicking "Do not get updates" on the setup screen?
>
> Please tell me if this works for you.
>
> --
>
> Have a nice day,
>
> Jonathan Yaniv
> Microsoft Windows Live™ Butterfly Expert
>
> Visit the ButterflySays Blog at
> http://spaces.msn.com/ButterflySays/
>
> "Eric Buchel" <Eric Buchel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I HAVE THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM!!!!
> > im trying to install Vista on a ASUS P4T motherboard...
> >
> > i tried everything the user above did... and nothing helped!!!
> > WHAT NETWORK?!?! i tried to upgrade online and no luck....
> >

> > WERE NOT THE ONLY 2 IN THE WORLD!!!!!!
> >
> > so please fix this problem , release another ISO to the public , i don't
> > know , do whatever it takes , why would i have to wait to install
> > something i
> > bought!!!!!!
> >
> > i have all the Alpha + Beta versions of Vista/longhorn, AND THEY ALL
> > WORKED
> >
> > HOW CAN MICROSOFT MESS THIS UP ON THE LAUNCH DATE!!!
> >
> > and yes , upgrade advisor said my system was fine
> >
> > my PC
> >
> > intel p 4 1.7 ghz
> > ASUS P4T i850
> > 512 MB of RIMM
> > 320 GB of HD space
> >

> > "Lasselakan" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi!
> >> I have a serious problem installing vista business. During installation
> >> (after first reboot) I get the following error message: "Windows cannot
> >> install required files. Network problems may be preventing Windows from
> >> accessing the file. Make sure the computer is connected to the network
> >> and
> >> restart the installation. Error code: 0x80070005"
> >>
> >> I've tried following without any succes:
> >> *running Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor, said there should be n problem.
> >> *staying connected to network (and internet) during installation.
> >> *upgrading BIOS.
> >> *2 different ISOs, (1 DVD or 5 CDs).
> >> *different keys, both from MSDNAA. Also tried with no key at all.
> >> *mounting ISO with PowerISO.
> >> *flat installation = copying all ISO content to hdd.
> >> *installing on either of 2 hdds, and also tried disconnecting the other
> >> one
> >> during installation.
> >> *boot-installing from DVD.
> >> *full installation from XP.
> >> *upgrading from XP SP2.
> >> *getting latest updates during installation.
> >> *disabling virus-protection and firewall, haven't found any BIOS virus
> >> protection to disable though. Have heard that could be a problem, my mobo
> >> is
> >> ASUS p5nd2-sli. Do you know of such BIOS virus protection?
> >>
> >> HELP PLEASE!!!

=?Utf-8?B?RXJpYyBCdWNoZWw=?=

Re: Vista 0x80070005 installation problem
ok, i managed to get my hands on a retail copy of vista, it says that i need
to load the [primary ide] drivers .... how can i find the right driver
without doing a mistake and losing all my personal data... cause im
installing windows on a partition with other data