Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Lost recycle bin (trash can) desktop ICON

microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-06-2007
=?Utf-8?B?RWQgU3RvZGRhcmQ=?=
 

Posts: n/a
Lost recycle bin (trash can) desktop ICON
Okay, I know this is not very important, but after I installed Win Vista
Ultimate and moved my desktop recycle bin (trash can) to the lower left of my
screen, I noticed some time later it was GONE!

Now the only way I can empty the trash is to go through Windows Explorer or
click on My Computer and find the recycle bin to empty it.

This is a small problem, I know. I'm very happy just to have Windows Vista
working well, and I've recently learned I must turn User Account Control
(UAC) OFF in order to get my color settings to be saved. I'm learning
something new every day!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02-06-2007
Walter Blanchard
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Lost recycle bin (trash can) desktop ICON
Right click Desktop - Personalize and in the upper left of the UI there will be a link to desktop icons.

--

______________________________

Walter B
waltblanch[at]tampabay[dot]rr[dot]com
______________________________


"Ed Stoddard" <EdStoddard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AC27CA74-4CA5-4B56-830F-C77363B8A4B6@microsoft.com...
> Okay, I know this is not very important, but after I installed Win Vista
> Ultimate and moved my desktop recycle bin (trash can) to the lower left of my
> screen, I noticed some time later it was GONE!
>
> Now the only way I can empty the trash is to go through Windows Explorer or
> click on My Computer and find the recycle bin to empty it.
>
> This is a small problem, I know. I'm very happy just to have Windows Vista
> working well, and I've recently learned I must turn User Account Control
> (UAC) OFF in order to get my color settings to be saved. I'm learning
> something new every day!

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 02-07-2007
Rock
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Lost recycle bin (trash can) desktop ICON
"Ed Stoddard" <EdStoddard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote

> Okay, I know this is not very important, but after I installed Win Vista
> Ultimate and moved my desktop recycle bin (trash can) to the lower left of
> my
> screen, I noticed some time later it was GONE!
>
> Now the only way I can empty the trash is to go through Windows Explorer
> or
> click on My Computer and find the recycle bin to empty it.
>
> This is a small problem, I know. I'm very happy just to have Windows
> Vista
> working well, and I've recently learned I must turn User Account Control
> (UAC) OFF in order to get my color settings to be saved. I'm learning
> something new every day!


You probably right clicked on it and choose Delete instead of Empty Recycle
Bin. See the other post for how to restore it, it's easy to fix.

--
Rock [MVP - User/Shell]

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 02-07-2007
=?Utf-8?B?RWQgU3RvZGRhcmQ=?=
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Lost recycle bin (trash can) desktop ICON
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I'll never lose my recycle bin again.

"Walter Blanchard" wrote:

> Right click Desktop - Personalize and in the upper left of the UI there will be a link to desktop icons.
>
> --
>
> ______________________________
>
> Walter B
> waltblanch[at]tampabay[dot]rr[dot]com
> ______________________________
>
>
> "Ed Stoddard" <EdStoddard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AC27CA74-4CA5-4B56-830F-C77363B8A4B6@microsoft.com...
> > Okay, I know this is not very important, but after I installed Win Vista
> > Ultimate and moved my desktop recycle bin (trash can) to the lower left of my
> > screen, I noticed some time later it was GONE!
> >
> > Now the only way I can empty the trash is to go through Windows Explorer or
> > click on My Computer and find the recycle bin to empty it.
> >
> > This is a small problem, I know. I'm very happy just to have Windows Vista
> > working well, and I've recently learned I must turn User Account Control
> > (UAC) OFF in order to get my color settings to be saved. I'm learning
> > something new every day!

>

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 02-07-2007
=?Utf-8?B?RWQgU3RvZGRhcmQ=?=
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Lost recycle bin (trash can) desktop ICON
Rock,

Thanks! That is exactly what I did. And you're right, the fix is easy.
Thanks again.

"Rock" wrote:

> "Ed Stoddard" <EdStoddard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
>
> > Okay, I know this is not very important, but after I installed Win Vista
> > Ultimate and moved my desktop recycle bin (trash can) to the lower left of
> > my
> > screen, I noticed some time later it was GONE!
> >
> > Now the only way I can empty the trash is to go through Windows Explorer
> > or
> > click on My Computer and find the recycle bin to empty it.
> >
> > This is a small problem, I know. I'm very happy just to have Windows
> > Vista
> > working well, and I've recently learned I must turn User Account Control
> > (UAC) OFF in order to get my color settings to be saved. I'm learning
> > something new every day!

>
> You probably right clicked on it and choose Delete instead of Empty Recycle
> Bin. See the other post for how to restore it, it's easy to fix.
>
> --
> Rock [MVP - User/Shell]
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 02-07-2007
Rock
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Lost recycle bin (trash can) desktop ICON
You're welcome.

"Ed Stoddard" <EdStoddard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote

> Rock,
>
> Thanks! That is exactly what I did. And you're right, the fix is easy.
> Thanks again.


> "Rock" wrote:
>
>> "Ed Stoddard" <EdStoddard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
>>
>> > Okay, I know this is not very important, but after I installed Win
>> > Vista
>> > Ultimate and moved my desktop recycle bin (trash can) to the lower left
>> > of
>> > my
>> > screen, I noticed some time later it was GONE!
>> >
>> > Now the only way I can empty the trash is to go through Windows
>> > Explorer
>> > or
>> > click on My Computer and find the recycle bin to empty it.
>> >
>> > This is a small problem, I know. I'm very happy just to have Windows
>> > Vista
>> > working well, and I've recently learned I must turn User Account
>> > Control
>> > (UAC) OFF in order to get my color settings to be saved. I'm learning
>> > something new every day!

>>
>> You probably right clicked on it and choose Delete instead of Empty
>> Recycle
>> Bin. See the other post for how to restore it, it's easy to fix.


--
Rock [MVP - User/Shell]

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 11-27-2007
lost recycle bin
 

Posts: n/a
Lost recycle bin (trash can) desktop ICON
Help!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't find windows explore like you were doing for the trash and i deleted
dthe icon from my desk top and i threw somthing away and need it back
Please help
kelley


Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 11-27-2007
Malke
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Lost recycle bin (trash can) desktop ICON
lost recycle bin wrote:
> Help!!!!!!!!!!!
> I can't find windows explore like you were doing for the trash and i deleted
> dthe icon from my desk top and i threw somthing away and need it back
> Please help
> kelley
>
>


How to restore the Recycle bin icon that has been accidentally deleted -
http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/141/1/
Hide the "Delete" command from Recycle Bin context menu - Ramesh -
http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/142/1/


Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
"Don't Panic!"
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 09-27-2008
Michael
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Lost recycle bin (trash can) desktop ICON
Thanks, the reply to this was very helpfull to me as I had 'lost' my trash bin.


"Ed Stoddard" wrote:

> Okay, I know this is not very important, but after I installed Win Vista
> Ultimate and moved my desktop recycle bin (trash can) to the lower left of my
> screen, I noticed some time later it was GONE!
>
> Now the only way I can empty the trash is to go through Windows Explorer or
> click on My Computer and find the recycle bin to empty it.
>
> This is a small problem, I know. I'm very happy just to have Windows Vista
> working well, and I've recently learned I must turn User Account Control
> (UAC) OFF in order to get my color settings to be saved. I'm learning
> something new every day!

Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 10-15-2008
Chris Parker
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Lost recycle bin (trash can) desktop ICON
What a man!! I lost mine two and so did a few others and it drives you mad
thankyou Walter!

"Walter Blanchard" wrote:

> Right click Desktop - Personalize and in the upper left of the UI there will be a link to desktop icons.
>
> --
>
> ______________________________
>
> Walter B
> waltblanch[at]tampabay[dot]rr[dot]com
> ______________________________
>
>
> "Ed Stoddard" <EdStoddard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AC27CA74-4CA5-4B56-830F-C77363B8A4B6@microsoft.com...
> > Okay, I know this is not very important, but after I installed Win Vista
> > Ultimate and moved my desktop recycle bin (trash can) to the lower left of my
> > screen, I noticed some time later it was GONE!
> >
> > Now the only way I can empty the trash is to go through Windows Explorer or
> > click on My Computer and find the recycle bin to empty it.
> >
> > This is a small problem, I know. I'm very happy just to have Windows Vista
> > working well, and I've recently learned I must turn User Account Control
> > (UAC) OFF in order to get my color settings to be saved. I'm learning
> > something new every day!

>

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lost Recycle Bin RR2 microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 03-01-2007 13:32
Recycle Bin John C Harris microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 1 03-01-2007 13:04
Missing Recycle Bin Bill Condie microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 13 03-01-2007 05:30
Recycle Bin. Dave microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 3 02-28-2007 21:03
Re: Deleted Desktop Recycle Bin SteveC microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 02-18-2007 20:21




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 19:57.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120